Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 03/12/2011

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:38 pm

I reckon we should rest one or two players for this.
I know we've said this before but if we can't beat f***ing Wigan on the form they're on we're seriously f***ked. *touches wood*

Kos and Arteta have played every game so maybe put them on the bench. Even Mertesacker will be fine in this game.
Either that or bench Ramsey and Gervinho and give Arshavin and Rosicky (if fit) a game.
The team we put out against City in the CC could beat this side so we should protect a couple of our key players imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:45 pm

But Arteta and others just got rest, and probably will again for the CL game since we've already made it through.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:48 pm

We made it through top of the table so I expect a CC team for our last game in the CL.

As for this one, I want as full strength as we can field. We need to get back on track after our blip against Fulham.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:58 pm

ChVint22 wrote:But Arteta and others just got rest, and probably will again for the CL game since we've already made it through.

I know, but before that the key players were pushed to the limit and playing 'on red' because of the CL games sandwiched between the Prem games e.g.Dortmund.
That's why we were lacklustre against Fulham.

So a long rest will do them no harm at all imo.
Also gives the other players the chance to get some confidence up. Arshavin can score against Wigan and he needs that confidence boost.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Arshavin couldn't score in a brothel, he is an awful player and we don't see enough of his "ability" to justify keeping him, he should be sold and replaced with Benayoun.

Gotta love Benny, he put in a very mature performance against Man City, proper leader.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:But Arteta and others just got rest, and probably will again for the CL game since we've already made it through.

I know, but before that the key players were pushed to the limit and playing 'on red' because of the CL games sandwiched between the Prem games e.g.Dortmund.

Also gives the other players the chance to get some confidence up. Arshavin can score against Wigan and he needs that confidence boost.

It will do them no harm, but we risk losing pts to Wigan, and that would due the team harm. Field the best team possible imo.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivan itchybum » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 pm

he'll play our full strength team, he knows we can't afford to drop any points on unnecessary risks
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:38 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

It will do them no harm, but we risk losing pts to Wigan, and that would due the team harm. Field the best team possible imo.

We risk losing points to Wigan..? Seriously? Have you seen them play lately?
Defensively they're one of the worst sides I've ever seen. Remember when Derby played in the Prem and Adebayor scored two hatricks against them?
They're not a lot better than that.
Our reserve team could beat them and I don't mean with some first team players mixed in, I mean the entire reserve team.
They've conceded 24 goals in 13 games ffs!

Like I said, you can always have the big guns on the bench. If we're not 3-0 up after an hour bring on RVP, Gervinho etc.
Some people said we should've put out a stronger side in the CC the other night. I'm glad we didn't.
Look what happened to Manure and Liverfool. Both have bad injuries now.
Berbatov will be out for ages and Lucas is ruled out for the entire season!
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

We risk losing points to Wigan..? Seriously? Have you seen them play lately?
Defensively they're one of the worst sides I've ever seen. Remember when Derby played in the Prem and Adebayor scored two hatricks against them?
They're not a lot better than that.
Our reserve team could beat them and I don't mean with some first team players mixed in, I mean the entire reserve team.
They've conceded 24 goals in 13 games ffs!

Like I said, you can always have the big guns on the bench. If we're not 3-0 up after an hour bring on RVP, Gervinho etc.
Some people said we should've put out a stronger side in the CC the other night. I'm glad we didn't.
Look what happened to Manure and Liverfool. Both have bad injuries now.
Berbatov will be out for ages and Lucas is ruled out for the entire season!

If they just didn't get rest, and were not going to get more rest on Tuesday then I would agree, but they just did get rest and are due for more on Tuesday. How much do they need FFS?

And yes Wigan are shit and we should beat them, but its that kind of mentality that keeps us from beating the teams we should, and you know better. Just because we should beat a team doesn't mean we will, so why not play a full team that is about to have a 2nd night off and not have any excuses if we don't win? That seems the most logical decision.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:53 pm

We've thrown away points against worse teams than Wigan in the last 5 years...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:13 pm

ChVint22 wrote:If they just didn't get rest, and were not going to get more rest on Tuesday then I would agree, but they just did get rest and are due for more on Tuesday. How much do they need FFS?

Clearly they need shit loads of rest. Judging by our total collapse at the end of last season our players don't have the stamina to play the number of games that we usually end up playing every season.
So a mid-season 'holiday' would do them the world of good. They'll come back refreshed and firing on all cylinders, instead of 'running on empty' which is what they're doing now.

Leody wrote:We've thrown away points against worse teams than Wigan in the last 5 years...

Yes we have and Manure lost to Crystal Palace last night so technically it's always possible to have a giant killing but can you really see it with the form we're in versus the form they're in?
As I keep saying, we can always put the big guns on the bench. Worst case scenario, if it's 0-0 at HT we bring on the key players. If we can't beat Wigan without Gervinho & Ramsey then we really are properly f***ked.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12