Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 03/12/2011

Re: Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 03/12/2011

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 pm

starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ARSHENAL wrote:Agreed ChVint, this is the team which has lost to Ipswich, drawn against Leyton Orient and Leeds and struggled to 2-1 victories over Shrewsbury and Huddersfield in the last year. Of course weve won some great games, Barca, Chelsea etc but if we are off colour we struggle against any team in the Football League.

Yep, we're capable of beating almost any team, but also capable of losing to any team.

what nonsense.go thru the record books and see how often we have lost to lower league opposition.
you will find it would struggle to fill a grain of rice

You are so narrow minded, regardless if it has happened alot or not, the point is that it has happened, and we shouldn't take any team for granted.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:53 pm

VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ARSHENAL wrote:Agreed ChVint, this is the team which has lost to Ipswich, drawn against Leyton Orient and Leeds and struggled to 2-1 victories over Shrewsbury and Huddersfield in the last year. Of course weve won some great games, Barca, Chelsea etc but if we are off colour we struggle against any team in the Football League.

Yep, we're capable of beating almost any team, but also capable of losing to any team.

what nonsense.go thru the record books and see how often we have lost to lower league opposition.

cant think of many in my time York FA cup years ago leaps to mind.

Since a grain of rice is very small, I only have to go back a total of 3 years to fill it, Ipswhich and Burnley, not to mention a few draws to lower league sides within those 3 years, and that rice is full. So my point is proven.

Like always though, starman you come after a win to ridicule negative post as if you knew all along that we would win, but its funny cause you're never around to agree with the negative post which more often than not are correct after a loss. Funny that.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:32 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

You are so narrow minded, regardless if it has happened alot or not, the point is that it has happened, and we shouldn't take any team for granted.

who said we should take any team for granted?i,m all about rolling your sleeves up and taking each team you face 100per cent seriously. i just don,t think we should live in fear of any team.i was at york so know only to well that any team can be beaten on the day but i refuse to accept we are more succeptable than any other side.
we have lost 2 league cup games to a team outside the premier league[and 1 of them ipswich we went thru anyway] in the last 17 years.nobody has a better record than that.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am

ChVint22 wrote:
VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Since a grain of rice is very small, I only have to go back a total of 3 years to fill it, Ipswhich and Burnley, not to mention a few draws to lower league sides within those 3 years, and that rice is full. So my point is proven.

Like always though, starman you come after a win to ridicule negative post as if you knew all along that we would win, but its funny cause you're never around to agree with the negative post which more often than not are correct after a loss. Funny that.

i don,t have insider knowledge as to weather we will win or not i always believe we can.
i take my fears regarding the arsenal to my pillow and don,t believe they need to be aired on a public forum.
as a football fan we all share them.
i am all about getting 60,000 in the stadium and gooners all over the world into believing that we can win the lot.
i,m sorry if that is narrow.
there are more than enough doom and gloom wallahs out there to balence me out.
it ain,t about being right its about the good of afc and i love watching,reading and thinking about our club.
i believe great support can drag a great club over the line.oh and i had no computer during our poor start to the season.but spent 25 pound in unanswered texts to talksport[a tinpot british radio station]when every man and his dog was laying into us.
i don,t hide as a supporter
i have a higher profile when we lose than when we win.
that is the arsenal way. i eat in various taxi centres where a variety of other clubs fans gather and i never large it when we win but am always happy to put my head over the parapet when we lose.
starmandb

Postby VCC » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 am

Starmad the york 1-0 loss i refered too i listened to that on the radio was the BBC live comentry game here,if i remember right there were some players to g on to fame that played in that game,Rocky, Keown, have an idea nail quinn played as well can you proivide the team sheet,be interested for old time sake,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:21 am

VCC wrote:Starmad the york 1-0 loss i refered too i listened to that on the radio was the BBC live comentry game here,if i remember right there were some players to g on to fame that played in that game,Rocky, Keown, have an idea nail quinn played as well can you proivide the team sheet,be interested for old time sake,

yes mate.it came 4 days after beating hereford 7-2 in a 3rd round replay[i went up to hereford for the 1-1 draw and stayed in a lovely farm house] was hoping to stay at york but ended up driving up on the morning of the game.
it was in doubt as the pitch was frozen.
on the way up my windscreen smashed ,missed the whole 1st half steve williams gave away a pen in the last min.the bear tried to lead us onto the pitch to get the game abandoned but we were too cold and f***ked and got chased all round york by leeds supporters.
still would,nt have missed it for the world.
our team was unchanged from hereford replay
lukic,anderson sansom,talbot,o,leary,caton,robson,williams,mariner,woodcock,nicholas
allinson was on the bench
all the players you mentioned made debuts the following season
85/86
rocky home to newcastle
keown at west brom[i was at that as well,it was pat jennings 1000 game in football]
quinny home to liverpool scored on debut
starmandb

Postby VCC » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:40 am

starmandb wrote:
VCC wrote:Starmad the york 1-0 loss i refered too i listened to that on the radio was the BBC live comentry game here,if i remember right there were some players to g on to fame that played in that game,Rocky, Keown, have an idea nail quinn played as well can you proivide the team sheet,be interested for old time sake,

yes mate.it came 4 days after beating hereford 7-2 in a 3rd round replay[i went up to hereford for the 1-1 draw and stayed in a lovely farm house] was hoping to stay at york but ended up driving up on the morning of the game.
on the way up my windscreen smashed ,missed the whole 1st half steve williams gave away a pen in the last min.the bear tried to lead us onto the pitch to get the game abandoned but we were too cold and f***ked and got chased all round york by leeds supporters.
lukic,anderson sansom,talbot,o,leary,caton,robson,williams,mariner,woodcock,nicholas
85/86
rocky home to newcastle
keown at west brom[i was at that as well,it was pat jennings 1000 game in football]

yes thanks for that has rung the bells,and if i had thought hard would of remembered quinns debut that was the radio comentary as well,Leeds fans would have been up for it back then.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:38 pm

starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

who said we should take any team for granted?i,m all about rolling your sleeves up and taking each team you face 100per cent seriously. i just don,t think we should live in fear of any team.i was at york so know only to well that any team can be beaten on the day but i refuse to accept we are more succeptable than any other side.
we have lost 2 league cup games to a team outside the premier league[and 1 of them ipswich we went thru anyway] in the last 17 years.nobody has a better record than that.

Once again starman you've missed the whole point. It is pointless talking to you on this forum.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:46 pm

starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

i don,t have insider knowledge as to weather we will win or not i always believe we can.
i take my fears regarding the arsenal to my pillow and don,t believe they need to be aired on a public forum.
i am all about getting 60,000 in the stadium and gooners all over the world into believing that we can win the lot.
it ain,t about being right its about the good of afc and i love watching,reading and thinking about our club.
i believe great support can drag a great club over the line.oh and i had no computer during our poor start to the season.but spent 25 pound in unanswered texts to talksport[a tinpot british radio station]when every man and his dog was laying into us.
that is the arsenal way. i eat in various taxi centres where a variety of other clubs fans gather and i never large it when we win but am always happy to put my head over the parapet when we lose.

And then once again you go off topic, ignore the discussion and then try to ridicule cause you think you're Arsenals greatest fan, cause you attend games and blah blah blah blah. It gets boring buddy. :rolleyes:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:24 am

ChVint22 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

And then once again you go off topic, ignore the discussion and then try to ridicule cause you think you're Arsenals greatest fan, cause you attend games and blah blah blah blah. It gets boring buddy. :rolleyes:

do me a favour mate .i,ve never claimed to be a better fan than anyone else just a fan.
a fan is a fan weather they go to the games or not its whats in your heart.
as i stated last year i think somebody calling robin van persie a rapist is boring but it seems i have to put up with it.
i don,t live in a humourless vacuem,i get the off colour text jokes when people die and such and many of them i find very funny but should the term rapist be applied to an arsenal player by an arsenal fan on an open forum when it was a unproven claim that turned out to be marital infedelity that is nobodys business but rvp and his family.
if i was rvp and thought to myself.
lets have a look round the forums and see what our fans have to say.
do you think that is acceptable?

you asked a question about when did spurs and city finish above us and utd
i gave you an answer you felt no need to respond to that yet you want to carp on about going off topic on other matters
what is off topic.
its an arsenal forum for arsenal fans
i have no desire for a vendetta.
it is boring and self indulgent and not why i come on here.
i want people to share the joy and despair that is supporting a football club.
i find peoples experiences of supporting far more interesting than the dry reports that the media offer up but if you don,t..ignore me..its a big world and large enough for us all to co-exist
if i go on a bit i,m sorry.

thats what old gits do.
Last edited by starmandb on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:28 am

VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:

85/86
rocky home to newcastle

yes thanks for that has rung the bells,and if i had thought hard would of remembered quinns debut that was the radio comentary as well,Leeds fans would have been up for it back then.

its ok mate.i got my games mixed up re keowns debut..lukic was in goal that day.jennings 1000 game was 3years before at west brom.they were both 0-0 so thats why i got confused. a senior moment.jennings played his last game for us in 1984
starmandb

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 pm

starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

do me a favour mate .i,ve never claimed to be a better fan than anyone else just a fan.
a fan is a fan weather they go to the games or not its whats in your heart.
as i stated last year i think somebody calling robin van persie a rapist is boring but it seems i have to put up with it.
i don,t live in a humourless vacuem,i get the off colour text jokes when people die and such and many of them i find very funny but should the term rapist be applied to an arsenal player by an arsenal fan on an open forum when it was a unproven claim that turned out to be marital infedelity that is nobodys business but rvp and his family.
if i was rvp and thought to myself.
lets have a look round the forums and see what our fans have to say.
do you think that is acceptable?

you asked a question about when did spurs and city finish above us and utd
i gave you an answer you felt no need to respond to that yet you want to carp on about going off topic on other matters
what is off topic.
its an arsenal forum for arsenal fans
i have no desire for a vendetta.
it is boring and self indulgent and not why i come on here.
i want people to share the joy and despair that is supporting a football club.
i find peoples experiences of supporting far more interesting than the dry reports that the media offer up but if you don,t..ignore me..its a big world and large enough for us all to co-exist
if i go on a bit i,m sorry.

thats what old gits do.

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12