Arsenal Vs Man City| Carling Cup 29/11/2011

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 am

Inchpractice wrote:Deeeeench.

frimpong_nasri.jpg

That might have to be my new sig next time my laptop is on!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Arsenal Vs Man City| Carling Cup 29/11/2011

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:

frimpong_nasri.jpg

Not surprised by that. TBH Frimpong would eat Nasri for breakfast.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Frimps is really starting to grow on me. He needs to mature a bit still and be a little smarter about the battles he chooses, but man do I love his fiery approach and insane hustle.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Leody wrote:Frimps is really starting to grow on me. He needs to mature a bit still and be a little smarter about the battles he chooses, but man do I love his fiery approach and insane hustle.

He out-muscled some very experienced internationals last night and made them look pretty stupid.
The main thing he needs to improve on is his passing imo. Sometimes he rushes the pass and gives the ball away.
If he went out on loan to a team that started him every game he'd probably come back as good as Coquelin, maybe even better.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Leody wrote:Frimps is really starting to grow on me. He needs to mature a bit still and be a little smarter about the battles he chooses, but man do I love his fiery approach and insane hustle.

He out-muscled some very experienced internationals last night and made them look pretty stupid.
The main thing he needs to improve on is his passing imo. Sometimes he rushes the pass and gives the ball away.
If he went out on loan to a team that started him every game he'd probably come back as good as Coquelin, maybe even better.

Teach him to pass like Denilson, that can't be too tough... :lol:

I would completely accept that from a proper CDM, which Frimps certainly has shown the potential to be. Yeah, his passing does need some work though honestly. But again, considering his age... can't be too surprised it's not spectacular. Much of that comes from maturity and more experiences decision making. Something that will only come with games, and yes a loan spell would help with that. Unfortunately loaning him would leave us with an even thinner squad...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Tough loss, could've and probably should have won, just weren't clinical enough. Kos, Coq, Frimps, and Ox were outstanding. Theo and Gerv should be worried with the way Ox can play, he looks like he is just as fast as Theo but better on the ball, and apparently has a wicked shot on him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:10 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Tough loss, could've and probably should have won, just weren't clinical enough. Kos, Coq, Frimps, and Ox were outstanding. Theo and Gerv should be worried with the way Ox can play, he looks like he is just as fast as Theo but better on the ball, and apparently has a wicked shot on him.

No 'apparently' about it, he can hit it. Im sure Starman will come along and enlighten us, but everything the guy seemed to hit was on target.

I would say Arshavin should be the most worried. Why bother continuingto hope the best with him when we have Ox in the wings?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 pm

That shot Ox had saved last night certainly was hit with some venom. If that keeper wasn't 6-8 I don't think he saves that...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:

frimpong_nasri.jpg

Just read this, sorry mate lol. Beat you to it.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm on Tapatalk so can't see sigs or avators.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Oh well just know I beat you to it LOL
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Ox's first long distance strike came out of nowhere. He played a one-two on the edge of the box and I was fully expecting another pass to follow... Instead the ball just flew!!! I didn't even see him shape up for the shot, it was fully in his stride and hit with venom and deadly accuracy. Damn circus show freak of a keeper kept it out!!!

All hail Frimps! :hail: The man who's been kept on a protein drip since birth and could crush a man with his ear lobes! He's a tough cookie!

.... think the protein may have stunted his verticle growth though, still, he's gonna crack some skulls in his time!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Dejan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Anyone got a vid of the nasri-frimps thing? that sig is awesome
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri was involved in a tunnel dispute with Arsenal's Emmanuel Frimpong at the conclusion of City's Carling Cup quarter-final 1-0 victory on Tuesday.

Nasri, the former Gunners midfielder, was making a return to Emirates Stadium for the first time since leaving the club in the summer transfer window. The Frenchman was given a hostile reception from the crowd during the game - which was won by Sergio Aguero's solitary strike - while former team-mate Frimpong also tried to make him uncomfortable during the 90 minutes.

Frimpong - who made clear his unhappiness with Nasri's exit for City in August on Twitter - hassled and harried his opponent throughout the game, with words being exchanged at various points. And matters escalated after the final whistle, with the two players seen in a heated exchange as they headed down the tunnel.

However, reports that Nasri subsequently aimed a punch at the Ghanaian were immediately denied.

"Words were exchanged - that was that," an Arsenal spokesman who saw the incident said. "There were no punches thrown, but there was a lot of noise.

"Sami was speaking in French and Mani wasn't. It was handbags, they didn't even touch."

After the game Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger suggested some disappointment with the way Nasri was received by the Arsenal fans, hoping he will get a more positive response in future meetings.

"You want players who have played for us respected," Wenger said. "It is his first time back, I think it was more 'disappointed love' than anger. I am sure they love him but because they love him, they responded like that - they wanted him here."

© http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... up?cc=5901
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:51 pm

I understand that Nas could have shown a bit more loyalty to the team that helped give him a bigger name in the football world, and I understand that its easy to call him a money grabbing c*** cause he went to one of the richest teams in the world. But I think that anger should be directed at Wenger more than Nasri, Wenger is the one that has let the squad become what it is, and Nas is only looking out for himself like any other player would now days, he wanted to go to a team that has a better chance to win and make more money, how can you be mad at him for that. Be mad at Wenger for not buying the right players at the right time to give us a better chance at success, which in return would have kept players like Cesc and Nas happy. When players come to us from other teams, they are usually leaving a smaller club to join us because they think we'll have more success and most of the time they make more money here, so how is that any different than what Nas has done?

Having said all that, I enjoyed hearing him be hounded by our fans. To me he has always been a petulant little french sissy, but I tolerated it because he was an Arsenal player and a good one.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12