Arsenal Vs Man City| Carling Cup 29/11/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Man City| Carling Cup 29/11/2011

Postby Chuck Woody » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Sorry but they weren't that effective. Certainly RVP would've gobbled one of those chances.
Anyhow mustn't grumble cos we gave them a helluva game.
Chuck Woody
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Man City| Carling Cup 29/11/2011

Postby Leody » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:52 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Gave up? Hahaha, Try running over 10km in a match then finding the energy to sprint after one of the fastest players in the world.

Lolage right there.

Coq was awesome, and he was not responsible for us conceding a goal, we were woefully outnumbered on the break.

Not getting on his case, not saying he should have made the play, not saying he could have caught him...

All I'm saying is he didn't try. He was a few steps behind him when they were about 30 yards out and he just let up and quit sprinting after him. Probably had no chance of getting to him, but we'll never know.

That's all I was saying. And it is the truth, like it or not.

You can twist my words into being critical of him if you'd like, but I'm not. Just stating a fact.

Edit: The reason I remember was I was a bit perturbed by it, because regardless of how unlikely, had Aguero taken a bad touch he may have been in position to do something. But he didn't and Coq wasn't there so it matters not.
Last edited by Leody on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Chuck Woody wrote:Sorry but they weren't that effective. Certainly RVP would've gobbled one of those chances.
Anyhow mustn't grumble cos we gave them a helluva game.

That's because RvP is in form, hard to be in form when you don't play.

We ONLY play RvP, look at Man Utd, Chelsea, man City etc they all have several good strikers at their disposal and they all play, because unlike Wenger, these managers rotate their formations based on opposition.

All of those teams have played variations of the 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 this season and surprise surprise they are all ahead of us.

There was a reason why we were so good against Man City, we dominated the midfield rather than congesting it. That's because there were only two central mids there.

More of that please.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Man City| Carling Cup 29/11/2011

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Leody wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Gave up? Hahaha, Try running over 10km in a match then finding the energy to sprint after one of the fastest players in the world.

Lolage right there.

Coq was awesome, and he was not responsible for us conceding a goal, we were woefully outnumbered on the break.

Not getting on his case, not saying he should have made the play, not saying he could have caught him...

All I'm saying is he didn't try. He was a few steps behind him when they were about 30 yards out and he just let up and quit sprinting after him. Probably had no chance of getting to him, but we'll never know.

That's all I was saying. And it is the truth, like it or not.

You can twist my words into being critical of him if you'd like, but I'm not. Just stating a fact.

Edit: The reason I remember was I was a bit perturbed by it, because regardless of how unlikely, had Aguero taken a bad touch he may have been in position to do something. But he didn't and Coq wasn't there so it matters not.

Like I said, he was probably just completely out of gas, and physically couldn't run after him. Or maybe he had faith in our non existent defence to deal with it.

Either way, he can't be blamed in any way IMO.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Agreed, and I'm not blaming him individually. But as a coach, if he were my player, he'd get an ear full from me.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Had we finished our chances we would have wiped the floor with them, didnt deserve to lose, the lads should be proud of themselves that they matched city's multi £ billion squad for all of 89 mins. City = jammy jammy jammy bastards. :@
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12