Arsenal Vs Fulham| Premiership 26/11/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham| Premiership 26/11/2011

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Diaby likes to go forward but Wenger doesn't put him in that type of role. Isn't that Ramsey's role? A little more advanced than Arteta and Song?

If Ramsey plays there, i would bet my house we wont get 4th. ramsey is an honest player with great engine. But if you play our formation 4-3-3, the 1 behind the striker has to have quick mind and see passes early. Ramsey has never had great vision or much creativity. And he wont develop that much no matter how much he plays. Wenger has to get someone who can play that position better.

We need a pacey striker who can beat players and do a job on the wings as I have no faith in any of the wingers except gervinho and walcott. And we need a creative midfielder. You can forget about Wilshere this season. if people think a player who has been out for 6 months will come back in january and just play great from the start, then they are mad. This season dont expect anything from Wilshere.

Im kind of glad for the result as its a bit of a wake up call and we need Wenger to act in December, so the signings are there first week January. This squad is not good enough finishing top 4. We are lacking in attack big time
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:What excuses will Wenger make today? Fatigue, the ref, luck...

Wenger : You could see , the game in the mid-week had an impact on the players ..they were lacking the
sharpness which we normally see . We controlled the game , had plenty of possession ,but we lacked the
composure in front of the goal . On another day we may have scored 2 or 3 goals but that is how football is ,
if u do not take your chances you will be punished. Their goal-keeper was brilliant today . A point against
Fulham especially after such a tough week is not a bad result but you always want more . What is more
important is there is belief in the group , they want to play for each other and we have to look ahead.

Actually good coments from the man for a change,new he would say fatigue had its part,wonder how long it is until we hear the "we have large squad" spin rolls off his lips lmao,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Executing a 4-2-3-1 without a quality advanced play-maker is difficult week in week out especially when the
opposition team plays with ten men behind the ball . I have always said , Arteta , Ramsey can play the role of
deep lying play-makers but both of them are not cut out for that role behind RVP on a consistent basis .
Its well n good when you have opposition teams playing expansive football but when they park the bus , you
need a guy who can be the creative out-let for the forwards .
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:58 pm

VCC wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:What excuses will Wenger make today? Fatigue, the ref, luck...

Wenger : You could see , the game in the mid-week had an impact on the players ..they were lacking the
sharpness which we normally see . We controlled the game , had plenty of possession ,but we lacked the
composure in front of the goal . On another day we may have scored 2 or 3 goals but that is how football is ,
if u do not take your chances you will be punished. Their goal-keeper was brilliant today . A point against
Fulham especially after such a tough week is not a bad result but you always want more . What is more
important is there is belief in the group , they want to play for each other and we have to look ahead.

Actually good coments from the man for a change,new he would say fatigue had its part,wonder how long it is until we hear the "we have large squad" spin rolls off his lips lmao,

ROFL .. those were my made up quotes.. lets see how far i am right
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:01 pm

ayN wrote:Diaby is really, really bad.

the f**k? Diaby wasnt bad. He outplayed 3/4 men which lead to the corner which allmost led to a goal from djourou(great safe friedel).
Dont pick the easy target.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Personaly i can take most of what AW does,i may not like some things,BUT I HATE f***ing CHAMAK BEING EVEN ON THE BENCH,surly AW will start playing park from the bench,please please please i cant take any more of that greased haired W##ker
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:03 pm

VCC wrote:Personaly i can take most of what AW does,i may not like some things,BUT I HATE f***ing CHAMAK BEING EVEN ON THE BENCH,surly AW will start playing park from the bench,please please please i cant take any more of that greased haired W##ker

Park is worse than him....that tells you everything you need to know. Take out Van Persie and I swear every team in the league has atleast 1 striker better than these
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Bergkamp64 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:05 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:Arshavin has got to be the laziest player I've ever seen. Brilliant for short spells and then goes missing never to be heard of again. Please Wenger, never start this guy again unless its against maybe division 2 sides :disgust:

Agreed .... Arshavin should be sponsored by Horlicks . Does he actually give a toss ? Man's away with the fairies .
Bergkamp64
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:05 pm

gooney wrote:
VCC wrote:Personaly i can take most of what AW does,i may not like some things,BUT I HATE f***ing CHAMAK BEING EVEN ON THE BENCH,surly AW will start playing park from the bench,please please please i cant take any more of that greased haired W##ker

Park is worse than him....that tells you everything you need to know. Take out Van Persie and I swear every team in the league has atleast 1 striker better than these

At least i can look at park,i fell like fuken kicking the telly every time i see the Grease ball
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:06 pm

gooney wrote:

Don't say it loudly..people will pounce on you..

Wenger sees Park everyday . If he isn't even on the bench tells you some story..which is
a bit different from the script Wenger reads out before the match
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 pm

We didn't play well but 1-1 isn't a bad result. I don't think we need to look for excuses, just hope we get back on the winning path next week. I thought Diaby was good when he came off, he had a dribble to many here and there but he was really effective at carrying an attack and looked full of confidence.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:We didn't play well but 1-1 isn't a bad result. I don't think we need to look for excuses, just hope we get back on the winning path next week. I thought Diaby was good when he came off, he had a dribble to many here and there but he was really effective at carrying an attack and looked full of confidence.

Agree REV this is the type of game seasons past we have lost,IMO Diaby did his part when he came on,i did feel that AW should have made a change earlier
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:23 pm

If we had some fresh legs in the midfield , may be we could have had a better chance . Arteta looked fatigued
today . If we had a midfield of Song , Rosicky[i know he has a thigh strain] and Diaby [yes diaby ] today , we could
have been more penetrative.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:We didn't play well but 1-1 isn't a bad result. I don't think we need to look for excuses, just hope we get back on the winning path next week. I thought Diaby was good when he came off, he had a dribble to many here and there but he was really effective at carrying an attack and looked full of confidence.

The result isnt the end of the world. And believing the squad is not good enough is also not knee jerk reaction. One thing i hate arsenal with is that we are a reactionary club. We are never proactive. That tells me we dont deserve any success. We deal with things only when its too late. If this club has any ambition it will sort this squad in December and first of january have 2 top class players arriving. Sadly we need few bad result for us to get that. thats why i wouldnt be too down if we are 6-7 points of the top 4 as they will atleast buy then.

If Park is worse than Chamakh, then how bad is he? Reputation aside, what the hell does Arshavin offer the club? At Arsenal you can be average for years and still stay....no other top club would accept this. This is why in my eyes we lack the mentality of a top club and we havent won anything for 7 years. Dont think it will change any time soon
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:38 pm

gooney wrote:

The result isnt the end of the world. And believing the squad is not good enough is also not knee jerk reaction. One thing i hate arsenal with is that we are a reactionary club. We are never proactive. That tells me we dont deserve any success. We deal with things only when its too late. If this club has any ambition it will sort this squad in December and first of january have 2 top class players arriving. Sadly we need few bad result for us to get that. thats why i wouldnt be too down if we are 6-7 points of the top 4 as they will atleast buy then.

If Park is worse than Chamakh, then how bad is he? Reputation aside, what the hell does Arshavin offer the club? At Arsenal you can be average for years and still stay....no other top club would accept this. This is why in my eyes we lack the mentality of a top club and we havent won anything for 7 years. Dont think it will change any time soon

I agree gooney, we have got what we have deserved for a while now.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12