Arsenal Vs Fulham| Premiership 26/11/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Fulham| Premiership 26/11/2011

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:20 am

Fabrestuta wrote:I was out all day so I only just watched the game. We weren't terrible by any means but we were very average. We looked like we had no ideas for most of the game.
I would also like someone to explain Wengers double substitution. Taking of Mert and Rambo for Commander Worf and Diaby (who hasn't played in forever) didn't make a whole lot of sense. Worf yes as he does have some inventiveness but not sure why he took off Mert and pushed Song into the back when he had Djourrou on the park.
Arshavin was the logical choice to go off in my opinion. He huffed and puffed but he was pretty dire at times.

Ramsey was shocking, thats why properly, and we needed Gervinho because he can actually beat players and Fulham were comfortable as none of their players were being dribbled passed, Gervinho is so vital to our game. He hides the lack of creativity we have in midfield
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:27 am

How can a top club , go in to a game after an European tie with same old scripted excuses year after year .

Excuse 1 : Physical and mental Fatigue

Excuse 2 : Lack of sharpness

Excuse 3 : Hangover of the CL game

Excuse 4: No game is easy in PL , people park the bus.

Now my point is why boast of a huge squad when u aren't prepared to freshen up things .

Everybody knows that after a midweek CL game you need to have some fresh legs in the park but Wenger plays
virtually the same side .Do u know why ? The answer is simple, so that he can sprout same old BS . Spurs[Away]
and Chelsea won their games , two of our direct competitors . When you know that there will be some tired legs
after the midweek efforts get some bloody fresh legs in , if not at the start at-least half time . Is there a rule that
Wenger has to make his substitutions between 68-70 min every game . all the gooners knew , that we will surely
be dropping points in this game because Wenger has refused to change the way he functions one bit year after year.
Wenger's list of excuses the same old wine in new bottle every year ...Hangover , Fatigue , Lack of sharpness is becoming sickening
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:28 am

gooney wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I was out all day so I only just watched the game. We weren't terrible by any means but we were very average. We looked like we had no ideas for most of the game.
I would also like someone to explain Wengers double substitution. Taking of Mert and Rambo for Commander Worf and Diaby (who hasn't played in forever) didn't make a whole lot of sense. Worf yes as he does have some inventiveness but not sure why he took off Mert and pushed Song into the back when he had Djourrou on the park.
Arshavin was the logical choice to go off in my opinion. He huffed and puffed but he was pretty dire at times.

Ramsey was shocking, thats why properly, and we needed Gervinho because he can actually beat players and Fulham were comfortable as none of their players were being dribbled passed, Gervinho is so vital to our game. He hides the lack of creativity we have in midfield

I sort of understand taking Rambo off but Shava was dire. Diaby was put in the middle so after all the shifting he was basically Rambos replacement. Gervinho did add a bit of guile when he came on but for the life of me I really do not understand the logic behind Worf and Diaby for Mert and Rambo. Song has been on great form and we had a CB playing RB so why push Song back into the centre of defence?
None of it really made any sense to me.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:51 am

So Ramsey having a poor game shouldnt be subbed. not only did he miss to chances, but he slowed down alot of our attacks. his lack of quick thinking is really hampering our game. i would say he was almost as bad as Arshavin.

Diaby is more attacking than Song, so Arteta took defensive position and Song dropped deeper with a license to come and join the midfield which he did.

Gervinho added alot to our attack. Every change made perfect sense. i would personally make 2 of them at half time. Arshavin and Ramsey out Diaby and Gervinho in
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Arsenal Vs Fulham| Premiership 26/11/2011

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:07 am

It isn't Rambo's fault, he should have been rested!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:26 am

gooney wrote:So Ramsey having a poor game shouldnt be subbed. not only did he miss to chances, but he slowed down alot of our attacks. his lack of quick thinking is really hampering our game. i would say he was almost as bad as Arshavin.

Diaby is more attacking than Song, so Arteta took defensive position and Song dropped deeper with a license to come and join the midfield which he did.

Gervinho added alot to our attack. Every change made perfect sense. i would personally make 2 of them at half time. Arshavin and Ramsey out Diaby and Gervinho in

I dont believe I said that Rambo should not have been subbed, nor did I say Commander Worf should not have been brought on. I said it was the substitutions as a whole that made no sense. Diaby may be more attacking than Song but he has been out for months, MONTHS, plus, he is shite.
All I said was Shava was also having a complete mare, Rambo did a LOT more than Arshavin, if any midfielder deserved to go off today it was Shava.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:38 am

All this 'he should have been rested' or 'the players had a european hangover' is all bullshit.

These guys are proffessional athletes who are in peak physcial condition and yes I'll mabey accept these excuses over the December - Feburary time becuase fixtures come thcik and fast but its only f***ing November and this is NO excuse. At the end of the day we put in a toothless display against a Fulham team who parks the bus. Our lack of creativity in the final third is utterly shocking, whether it been from the annonymous Arshavin or the yet again blow par Ramsey.

No one seems to want to take responsability to grab the game by the neck, shout 'f**k you' and make something happen. Theo and RVP tried this on occassion but the support from the team just wasn't there.

What pisses me off even more is that it ALWYS takes for us to conceed for the team to wake up and play with a bit of urgency. Oh and it seems that whilst Diaby has been out, Wenger has brainwashed him into another pass instead of shoot drone. At 1-1 Diaby skipped past his man and the defence sat off him at the edge of the 18yard box... I was screaming at the tv for him to shoot, yet he hesistates and passes the ball to the side.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Massa » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:18 pm

This has been our best November in years mind.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Massa wrote:This has been our best November in years mind.

This has been Spurs' best November in years mind .

This has been Man City's best November in years mind.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Gervinho should have started, we'd have won if he did. Arshavin is dead wood, he looked visibly fatigued with half time approaching and he can no longer pull off anything, there was a time when you knew Arshavin had the beating of any defender, now they can read him like a book.

I'd like to see him sold while we can still get a decent amount for him, he has by and large been a flop of epic proportions, and will damage our club long after he has gone because AW will always have trepidations about paying big money for players, moreso than he does already.

Squillaci, Almunia, Arshavin, Chamakh, Denilson and Diaby all need to be sold and we need a midfielder and a striker in January at the least.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:02 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Massa wrote:This has been our best November in years mind.

best november in the league since 07/08
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:11 am

GunnGunn wrote:Gervinho should have started, we'd have won if he did. Arshavin is dead wood, he looked visibly fatigued with half time approaching and he can no longer pull off anything, there was a time when you knew Arshavin had the beating of any defender, now they can read him like a book.

I'd like to see him sold while we can still get a decent amount for him, he has by and large been a flop of epic proportions, and will damage our club long after he has gone because AW will always have trepidations about paying big money for players, moreso than he does already.

Agreed.

Without a playmaker of Cesc's quality (or anywhere near his quality) in the middle, we heavily relly on the wingers to make shit happen. Theo was doing it all day, Arshavin was just an embarassment!!!

Let's hope Ox-man and Ryo start impressing soon, because unfortuantely Arshavin is here for the remainder of the season... he'll be starting when Gervinho's away for the ACN :crybaby:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby friedslice » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 am

GunnGunn wrote:Gervinho should have started, we'd have won if he did. Arshavin is dead wood, he looked visibly fatigued with half time approaching and he can no longer pull off anything, there was a time when you knew Arshavin had the beating of any defender, now they can read him like a book.

Squillaci, Almunia, Arshavin, Chamakh, Denilson and Diaby all need to be sold and we need a midfielder and a striker in January at the least.

I agree with that. It's a shame about Arshavin because he's one of the most talented players at the club and on his day can be a match winner which we frankly don't have enough of.
The rest are no loss whatsoever and would clear up a lot of wages which should be spent on the world class players we should be signing in January.

At the moment Gervinho and RVP are our only consistently dangerous looking players imo.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 am

But as I said in the dortmund thread, and have said after most matches this season, yet again it was the same performance. that of a team in 6th position. plenty of posession and good enough players to outplay and control a bog standard opposition, but lacking the extra bit of quality, spark or ingenuity needed to finish teams off. Over reliant on RVP and no depth, but most worrying of all has been the general lacklustre, half arsed, 3nd gear sort of performance we've thrown in for most of the season, even our run of wins has been based on scraping past shit opponents thanks to our one and only world class talent.

Nothing has changed in any of our matches this season (in general), plenty of posession football before falling apart in the final third (at both ends) meaning a lack of end products and regular soft goals conceded.
A lot of people seem pleased with Ramsey and Arteta, personally I think the glaring lack of a world class playmaker through the middle is a major reason why we're not killing teams off. Arteta is a few levels below Fabregas and Ramsey is still very much a work in progress at least a few years away from being the player we need right now!
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12