Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmund | Champions League 23/11/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmund | Champions League 23/11/20

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:51 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:It's only his finishing holding him back from being a great player. It's amazing how bad his end product has been so far

you can see he has lost confidence in front of goal,at least he gets into scoring possitions and he must net one soon,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmund | Champions League 23/1

Postby TexasGooner » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:51 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:It's only his finishing holding him back from being a great player. It's amazing how bad his end product has been so far

His first touch is also atrocious. The ball he ran down yesterday only to immediately kick it out of bounds was ridiculous.
TexasGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby friedslice » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:14 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
friedslice wrote:It's no surprises the comments you've come up with regards to Gervinho, you seem to find reasons to criticise him but overall Gervinho is a class player and the LEAST of our worries.
He has been FAR FAR superior to Walcott overall this season playing in the same position.

Are u sure . Walcott has been on fire off late . He was the man of the match in the last game against Norwich
for me.How was Gervinho's performance against Norwich? Did u notice Theo's delivery yesterday ? That ball
towards the end of first half where he crossed it right in between the last man and the keeper , with RVP
almost getting to the end of it .

He was much better than Gervinho yesterday . If u read my post completely you will see i have said

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:. He has forged a brilliant understanding with RVP and his link up play is great . He has good pace and movement but i am afraid all comes to nothing especially when you are employed in a position where you are
expected to chip in with goals . I think he needs to work a lot harder on his technique and confidence will follow .

So i am acknowledging Gervinho's performances but as you could see not just this game he has been pretty
wasteful in front of the goal this season. Did u watch the last game and how many shots he sent in to orbit .
When u play as a wide-forward you are expected to contribute to scoring , its a different story if he was
playing as a wide player in a 4-4-2 where the onus on scoring would not be so much.Theo has been in great
nick and i do not think Gervinho has been far far better than Walcott as u suggest.

P.S: Is there anything wrong in asking a player to improve? Even you would agree he has to improve in one and
one situation, so where is the question of my personal agenda against him . Gervinho has many many pluses
he is very much suited to our style , can dribble , has pace , but he definitely has to improve his productivity
in front of the goal .

Yes, I am sure. Theo was abysmal and on the verge of being benched up until 3 games ago, he had two good league games in the league including a promising performance against Norwich, but he was back to being fairly annonymous on the weekend and against Dortmund.
Gervinho has been reems ahead of Walcott in just about every match up until the past fortnight, so I'm pretty sure yes.
And I've never said there's anything wrong with asking a player to improve, nor criticising them, Gervinho's finishing certainly does need to improve. I also acknowledge you've made positive references with regard to Gervinho, but you have also been overly critical of him imo, in multiple threads, that's what gave me the impression you weren't a fan of his, particularly when you single him out for criticism multiple times whilst defending Walcott. But everyones got an opinion and I was only replying with mine.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:16 am

friedslice wrote:
he had two good league games in the league including a promising performance against Norwich, but he was back to being fairly annonymous on the weekend and against Dortmund.

We played Norwich on the weekend.. ;)
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:11 am

Git wrote:I think it was that match against United in the semi/quarter finals.

2008/2009? I NEED YOU STARMAN.

yes mate you are correct.
we have not lost a group game since milan 03/04
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Git » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:24 am

My hero.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman