Norwich Vs Arsenal | Premiership 19/11/2011

Re: Norwich Vs Arsenal | Premiership 19/11/2011

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:33 am

been watching the highlights again... if Gervinho's all mighty balls up in front of goal hadn't been saved, it would have gone wide :?
how can anyone call themselves a top class professional when they can't roll the ball into an open goal?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:41 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:been watching the highlights again... if Gervinho's all mighty balls up in front of goal hadn't been saved, it would have gone wide :?
how can anyone call themselves a top class professional when they can't roll the ball into an open goal?

was more worried buy his attempted showmanship for the first goal that RVP got,one nil down on the scoreboard and the f***ing players are showboating with tap ins infront of goal,AW please adress this i dont want to see that ever again when we are behind or even in front by a single goal that shit is for the end of games when they are burried :angry:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:26 am

I did not get to watch the game yesterday , but caught some highlights . Gervinho's misses were epic .
His link up play with RVP was excellent , looks like they have forged a kind of understanding but his
misses yesterday ,would embarrass amateur footballers..
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gunnerofKSA » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:28 am

It was a good game .. With a lot of chances..
Girvinho was epic.
He is not a goal scorer.
I was so angry .. If we got a draw I will kill my self and let my family send girvinho a pic.

I am using tapatalk on xperia arc
gunnerofKSA
Liam Brady

Postby yosifun » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:24 am

Decent game for us:
Gervinho was great, but so many misses, could have ended up with a hat-trick.
Walcott is getting better and better, great crosses and he's like a roadrunner on the flank.
RvP money as usual, funny to think he would excel even more playing along a true striker.
Clumsy mistake by Mertasacker, but I still have faith him him, see my post in the other thread.

Another win, another 3 points :)
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:48 am

gunnerofKSA wrote:I was so angry .. If we got a draw I will kill my self and let my family send girvinho a pic.

:?
that should be our new quote of the week ;)
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:54 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
gunnerofKSA wrote:I was so angry .. If we got a draw I will kill my self and let my family send girvinho a pic.

:?
that should be our new quote of the week ;)

Agreed.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:59 pm

mel4 wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:
Dejan wrote:Song was poor though

Regarding Song:
I'm sometimes surprised at the number of chances Song creates for us (goals, assists, etc.), especially considering that he's a defense midfielder.

I have noticed his attacking side has improved this year but I feel it has come at the expense of his defensive prowess and I don't know how happy I am about that This year may be his best year attacking wise but it has also contained the most clumsy challenges and unnecessary yellow cards that I have seen from him. Don't get me wrong I am over the moon when he puts in a big contribution going forward but I want him to stay true to his position in heart and mind.

I think his stats will show that he has contributed more in the final third to our wins than Ramsey and Arteta. I don't mind that at all.

ramsey 2 goals 5 assists
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby PLF » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:49 am

Even after five wins in a row people who call themselves fans are still slagging off our players. Gervinho has been brilliant for us, Theo was great, Song was great. Only Mert had a bad game, but let's not forget the circumstances (he was dropped to the bench last week and stayed on the bench with germany as well, not good for his confidence).

All in all a good performance and a good result.
PLF

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 pm

I know what Mert was trying to do in that situation. He was waiting for the ball to come down to waist height so that he could hoof it into row Z.
I don't know if he didn't get a shout (if not his team-mates have let him down) or if he's just used to a slower game but in the Prem you don't have time to wait for the ball to reach a nice height so perhaps that was just another sign of his continuing adaptation.
I'm sure he'll adapt over time but the quicker the better because that could've cost us points.

Apart from that moment our defence was good.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Inchpractice wrote:I know what Mert was trying to do in that situation. He was waiting for the ball to come down to waist height so that he could hoof it into row Z.
I don't know if he didn't get a shout (if not his team-mates have let him down) or if he's just used to a slower game but in the Prem you don't have time to wait for the ball to reach a nice height so perhaps that was just another sign of his continuing adaptation.
I'm sure he'll adapt over time but the quicker the better because that could've cost us points.

Apart from that moment our defence was good.

He shouldnt have needed the shout. He had sight of that lump getting to the ball, so he knew he was in clear and present danger. I'd agree with your point regarding his thinking for letting it bounce, but he needs to make any contact with the ball full stop in that position.

How he reacts from this will define his stay here. If he repeats that dilly dallying, plenty more will be said and he'll probs end up as the new scapegoat.

Still think we should have got Samba though. Could you imagine him and Verms at the back? Id feel sorry for the likes of Kevin 'Elbows' Davies....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby yosifun » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Zedie wrote:Still think we should have got Samba though. Could you imagine him and Verms at the back? Id feel sorry for the likes of Kevin 'Elbows' Davies....

+1
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:57 pm

When it happend i was expecting from Sczsesny to come out and get the ball. I think he could of get it, not sure.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Dejan wrote:When it happend i was expecting from Sczsesny to come out and get the ball. I think he could of get it, not sure.

+1 i think he was trying to sheild the ball for scez to get it,either way was a mamoth f@#k up
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Still believe it was a foul, swap Mert for Rio and the whistle prob would of been blown.

Anyways we got the 3 now onto Dortmund.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12