Arsenal V West Brom

Kick off: 15:00
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Arsenal Vs West Brom| Premiership 05/11/2011

Postby Chrissiii » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:31 am

Play Coquelin! I wanna see more of him :)

Achoo
Djourou Merty Koz Santos
Coquelin
Rosicky Ramsey
Walcott RvP Gervinho

Rest Arteta. It seems like he's played nearly every game for us
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Like I said for the Marseille game, Arteta will get rest all next week when everyone else is playing for their country and he isn't, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind giving Rosicky a start.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Chesney
Djorou------ Mertesacker Koscielny----- Santos
Frimpong---- Rosicky
Walcott----- Ramsey------ Arshavin
RVP

Arteta needs a rest big time . The argument that , he won't be involved in the international matches
does not hold a candle . We have Rosicky in fine form .He can do the job .

Song needs to be rested too and i am sure Frimpong is more than capable of holding his own against
the baggies .

Arshavin for Gervinho . He has looked good when he has come off the bench . Although i won't
be unhappy with either of them starting .

Djorou has to be at the right back . He proved a lot of his detractors wrong in the Chelsea game .
He did a decent enough job .

Vermaelen should be given a break . He is making his comeback and we should be careful with the
number of games he plays .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby PLF » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Chesney
Frimpong---- Rosicky
RVP

We have Rosicky in fine form .He can do the job .

Really ? I don't think he's anywhere near "fine" form. . That's not the big issue tho as Arteta hasn't be performing either.

We simply cannot afford to field such a weakened team against anyone. We have a two weeks break after Saturday's game , so why rest any player? For their national team ? :dizzy: :naughty:
PLF

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:15 pm

PLF wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Chesney
Frimpong---- Rosicky
RVP

We have Rosicky in fine form .He can do the job .

Really ? I don't think he's anywhere near "fine" form. . That's not the big issue tho as Arteta hasn't be performing either.

We simply cannot afford to field such a weakened team against anyone. We have a two weeks break after Saturday's game , so why rest any player? For their national team ? :dizzy: :naughty:

I agree.

West Brom are a tough pacey side, I don't need to remind anyone of last season do I?
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:34 pm

PLF wrote:

1] Rosicky has defied expectations and has looked sharp and solid .

2] Arteta has been one of the players of the season so far for me . I don't know how you can so
easily dismiss him .

3]Where is the side weakened .

Arteta for Rosicky . does it really weaken the side ?

Arteta has played literally every game this season .Its better to be safe than sorry . Arteta won't
be involved in any international matches. So i would like him to be rested because i don't want
him to pick up an injury cos of fatigue/tiredness .

Frimpong for Song . Song is definitely better but that does not mean Frimpong is a liability .
He more than held his own when Song was out . We need Song to be fit and firing .
The team that i have picked have only these two changes , so why are u suggesting it
as a weakened team .I have said I would be comfortable with either Gervinho or Arshavin .
I don't know where you are coming from .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby PLF » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:1] Rosicky has defied expectations and has looked sharp and solid .

2] Arteta has been one of the players of the season so far for me . I don't know how you can so
easily dismiss him .

3]Where is the side weakened .

Arteta for Rosicky . does it really weaken the side ?

Arteta has played literally every game this season .Its better to be safe than sorry . Arteta won't
be involved in any international matches. So i would like him to be rested because i don't want
him to pick up an injury cos of fatigue/tiredness .

Frimpong for Song . Song is definitely better but that does not mean Frimpong is a liability .
He more than held his own when Song was out . We need Song to be fit and firing .
The team that i have picked have only these two changes , so why are u suggesting it
as a weakened team .I have said I would be comfortable with either Gervinho or Arshavin .
I don't know where you are coming from .

1) He has maybe defied your expectations, not mine and not Arsene's.

2) Arteta has had a good game or two , but all in all he's been disappointing so far as far as I'm concerned. Player of the season? WTF are you smoking ?

3) You left Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Song, Arteta ( your player of the season), Gervinho out, how is that not weakening the side ?

You did admit that Song is better than Frimpong. In that case even taking only Song out to replace him with Frimpong would weaken the side wouldn't it.
PLF

Postby Git » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:22 pm

PLF wrote:2) Arteta has had a good game or two , but all in all he's been disappointing so far as far as I'm concerned. Player of the season? WTF are you smoking ?

Arteta has been solid. I think he is doing the job he is asked to do well. He's the link up between Song and Ramsey. I think everyone got the impression that he would be doing Fabregas' job, when in reality he is doing the more Wilshere role.

Unspectacular but solid.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby PLF » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Git wrote:
PLF wrote:2) Arteta has had a good game or two , but all in all he's been disappointing so far as far as I'm concerned. Player of the season? WTF are you smoking ?

Arteta has been solid. I think he is doing the job he is asked to do well. He's the link up between Song and Ramsey. I think everyone got the impression that he would be doing Fabregas' job, when in reality he is doing the more Wilshere role.

Unspectacular but solid.

He should just f* cking do the job he was doing at Everton. That's all we expect and he hasn't delivered just yet.
PLF

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:36 pm

PLF wrote:
2) Arteta has had a good game or two , but all in all he's been disappointing so far as far as I'm concerned. Player of the season? WTF are you smoking ?

3) You left Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Song, Arteta ( your player of the season), Gervinho out, how is that not weakening the side ?

You did admit that Song is better than Frimpong. In that case even taking only Song out to replace him with Frimpong would weaken the side wouldn't it.

Arteta has been superb for us this season . You are free to disagree . He has played almost every game .
We cannot risk injuries through player fatigue . Rosicky has done a solid job too .Again you are free
to disagree .Vermaelen has just returned from injury .You want him pick another one ?
Koscielny is in the form of his life and Mertesacker has been solid so i don't get how we are weakened .
Now don't even get me started about Jenkinson . He was raped anally in the games against Manu and
Spurs . He seems to have recovered from those horror shows but leaving him out certainly does not
weaken us. Yes playing Frimpong in place of Song would weaken us slightly but i don't think
Frimpong wil f*ck us over with a diabolical performance. So i ain't smokin nothin mate just politely
disagreeing with you.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby french toast » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:57 pm

arteta has done very well here
I used to be "ivan itchybum"
french toast
Liam Brady

Postby french toast » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Chrissiii wrote:Play Coquelin! I wanna see more of him :)

Achoo
Djourou Merty Koz Santos
Coquelin
Rosicky Ramsey
Walcott RvP Gervinho

Rest Arteta. It seems like he's played nearly every game for us

frimpong is far better than him imo
I used to be "ivan itchybum"
french toast
Liam Brady

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Git wrote:

Unspectacular but solid.

Dont agree with that mate.

I agree that Arteta has been unspectacular though. He's done nothing in any of our games but simply keep the ball moving and has gone hiding alot. His delivery from set-peices has also been woeful; granted a few has been not too bad, but overall he hasn't really performed at all.

Half the times I only notice that hes on the park is when hes either hitting a corner or freekick.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Arteta started fine(remember his peach of a goal? cant even remember when he scored it).
But the last 4 games he's playing as denilson
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12