Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/10/2011

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/10/2011

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Was Seaman not world class because of Nayim's goal?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Anyone can have a bad day at the office and keepers are in the shop window no one misses there bad ones,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Leody wrote:Cech got beaten with a shot right under him and twice on his near post. A truly worldclass keeper saves at least 2 of those 3.

Whether he's truly world class or not is certainly debatable, but he aint shit.

By his standard, he had a very poor game against us. You don't have to believe it, but he did. If Sneezers had a game like that in goal for us we'd be giving him 3's and 4's in the player ratings thread.

Sky gave him a 4, and fans a 3.6... :dontknow:

And I didn't mean he is shit, I meant he played like shit against us. And he did.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Leody wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Leody wrote:Cech got beaten with a shot right under him and twice on his near post. A truly worldclass keeper saves at least 2 of those 3.

Whether he's truly world class or not is certainly debatable, but he aint shit.

By his standard, he had a very poor game against us. You don't have to believe it, but he did. If Sneezers had a game like that in goal for us we'd be giving him 3's and 4's in the player ratings thread.

Sky gave him a 4, and fans a 3.6... :dontknow:

And I didn't mean he is shit, I meant he played like shit against us. And he did.

Shez did have a game like that for us, in fact worse, against Manure.
Considering we shipped 8 he didn't get too hard a time from the fans because the scoreline wasn't his fault. Like I said the GK is the last line of defence so if any team concedes a bucketload it's almost never down to the GK.

Not surprised the fans gave him a 3.6 these are Chelscum fans and they know f**k all. They probably think the scoreline was his fault.
And Sky giving him a 4 is no shocker either, plenty of ex-Spud or ex-Liverpool commentators looking for any excuse to detract from our success, and this is what I'm getting at. People are always so ready to look for excuses for our win, or some kind of rational explanation for how we spanked a top quality side, because it can't just be that we were f***ing excellent can it? That would really get on everyone's nerves, especially the pundits who love reminding us how many years it's been without a trophy.

On the attacking front we were awesome and we spanked a world class super-expensive side who haven't been beaten at home since February, those are the facts.
Defensively we've been better but we still held on to our lead at the end despite coming under attack from some very dangerous players.
It annoys me when people try to detract from our performance by saying that the opposition were shite. We made them look shite by getting in their faces and causing them all sorts of problems.
I don't agree with this cynical attitude that if we beat them they must be shite. As we all know the game is not played on paper.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:58 pm

I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it mate, Cech was poor. Simples. I'm not taking anything away from our attack, but to say he was good and we just beat him is looking at things through very rose tinted glasses. Our attack was good, but we didn't put 5 by Cech because we were excellent. You're kidding yourself if you think all 5 of those were amazing and unstoppable shots.

Their defense was also poor, and so was ours.

The Walcott shot was drilled, but it was near post and within standing reach about chest high on Cech. He hardly would have had to move a hand to save it. It was a reaction save that many keepers make more times than not. He didn't.

The Santos shot was very poor and should have been saved. There's no excuses for Cech on that one, most EPL keepers save that shot 9 times out of 10.

Van Persie's 3rd, Cech was off balance and guessing that he was going far post and started away before the shot was taken. He flailed and was caught out on it. Had he played that properly and reacted to the shot and not tried to anticipate, he probably makes the save more times than not.

You want to think we played a masterclass match, that's fine by me. I know we didn't. We played very well, better than most other games this season, but nowhere near excellent going forward. Only the first RVP goal was down purely to our ability to break them down, the 5th we caught them on the counter pouring men forward looking to equalize. The Santos goal was schoolboy defending with 11 men on the left side of their defense, the 2nd RVP was a horrible backpass and Terry fell on his face, Walcott's was flatfooted spectating by their defenders after Theo had fallen on his face. Their defending gifted us 3 goals. And that's why commentators are pointing to failures by Chelsea, because they defended horribly.

To be fair, we did break them down other times and didn't finish the chances we created and could have scored 2 or 3 others. But three of the goals we did score were down to very poor defending, not our superior attack.

I'm not being negative, I'm just looking at things objectively. :dontknow: Know thyself and all that...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:18 am

Leody wrote:I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it mate, Cech was poor. Simples. I'm not taking anything away from our attack, but to say he was good and we just beat him is looking at things through very rose tinted glasses. Our attack was good, but we didn't put 5 by Cech because we were excellent. You're kidding yourself if you think all 5 of those were amazing and unstoppable shots.

Their defense was also poor, and so was ours.

The Walcott shot was drilled, but it was near post and within standing reach about chest high on Cech. He hardly would have had to move a hand to save it. It was a reaction save that many keepers make more times than not. He didn't.

The Santos shot was very poor and should have been saved. There's no excuses for Cech on that one, most EPL keepers save that shot 9 times out of 10.

Van Persie's 3rd, Cech was off balance and guessing that he was going far post and started away before the shot was taken. He flailed and was caught out on it. Had he played that properly and reacted to the shot and not tried to anticipate, he probably makes the save more times than not.

You want to think we played a masterclass match, that's fine by me. I know we didn't. We played very well, better than most other games this season, but nowhere near excellent going forward. Only the first RVP goal was down purely to our ability to break them down, the 5th we caught them on the counter pouring men forward looking to equalize. The Santos goal was schoolboy defending with 11 men on the left side of their defense, the 2rd RVP was a horrible backpass and Terry fell on his face, Walcott's was flatfooted spectating by their defenders after Theo had fallen on his face. Their defending gifted us 3 goals. And that's why commentators are pointing to failures by Chelsea, because they defended horribly.

To be fair, we did break them down other times and didn't finish the chances we created and could have scored 2 or 3 others. But three of the goals we did score were down to very poor defending, not our superior attack.

I'm not being negative, I'm just looking at things objectively. :dontknow: Know thyself and all that...

You can't look at things objectively if you're an Arsenal fan, it's impossible. Only someone who isn't a fan of either team and has also has no feelings either way on either team can really be objective.
I suspect that your negativity towards your own team, like others on this forum only allows you to accept a fantastic performance if it was tempered by the fact that the opposition were total shite. Otherwise you just can't believe it, or accept it.
We were great, we were awesome, get over it.
We're not the best side in the Prem but we spanked a very very good team yesterday, it happens.

Back to the individual goals, yes Cech was beaten at his near post for Theo's goal but it was hit very hard so he had no time to react, and blaming the goal on him completely undermines the incredible work Theo did to get himself into such a fantastic position in the first place. Watch it again, he dribbled round FIVE, yes FIVE defenders to get there, and unlike most other players he didn't lie on the floor sulking waiting for the ref to blow the whistle for a free kick when he went down.

As for Santos' goal I've just seen it again on MOTD2 and he actually puts it through Cech's legs, which is not only very skilful but also nearly impossible to save when you've already started diving.
I'm not saying Chavs defending was great because clearly it wasn't but ours was poor too and yet we won the game despite being the far poorer team on paper. That tells you that as much as we fans are concious of the fact that our defence is makeshift and lacks confidence, on their day they're better than one that cost ten times more and that most fans would gladly swap ours for (massive W****rs aside).

I don't mind pundits drawing attention to Chelscum's defensive mistakes because we made them too but I mind people saying that we wouldn't have won without those mistakes. Or we wouldn't have won if Cech hadn't been shite.
We were ripping them to shreds right from the kick off and it was purely down to our great attacking play. Theo had Cole chasing shadows (which makes a change because last time we played them it was the other way round) and every cross he made found a team-mate. You can't say that that's down to crap defending Theo was just on fire that day.

RVP was also on fire and has been for some time so again, it's no surprise that he scored some goals against them. We all knew that would happen even before kick-off so why it is now just explained away as bad defending? He doesn't only score when the opposition defend badly.
Yes Cech dived the wrong way for his third goal but have you thought that RVP might've given him the eyes? That's what great strikers do.
Ramsey was also superb yesterday despite the fact that he had players constantly surrounding him. He managed to find space where there was none, that's just a good player on good form.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 am

Agree to disagree then mate.

Both teams yesterday defended horribly. If thinking that makes you believe I'm negative, or "not and Arsenal fan" then fine. I don't care.

Then end, we won, that's all that matters. But I'm not thinking we're going on to win the league after watching that. Or that yesterday's performance was even close to an average performance from an early '00's Arsenal squad.

Edit: And I never said we wouldn't have won. Let's be clear. I even said we created other chances that we didn't finish that could have given us 2-3 goals at least, but we didn't take them.

Shit, we should have had 2 in the first 5-10 mins. The Gervinho chance and the RVP chance were purely down to us beating their defense. We fluffed though.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:15 am

This result made me think back to two years ago when we were complaining about how we couldn't beat teams like Chelsea or United. With Vermaelen back, I think if Walcott gets back to his good form and Santos tightens up on the defense as he gets more games, this squad could really do something.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:37 am

We are not going to tighten up at the back unless AW hands over the defensive reigns to someone else. Wenger is the route of the problem.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 am

Gunner Down Under wrote:Was too tired to watch the game last night, luckily there's a free tv replay in Australia and I'm watching that on Wednesday :)

what channel?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:20 am

Rvp's 'hitler imitation' is all over the internets
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:42 am

Dejan wrote:Rvp's 'hitler imitation' is all over the internets

He denied it on twitter.

It's just his dirt brush celebration. He's done it loads of times. Trolls be trolling.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:51 am

First goal, unplayable. Cech had no chance.

Theo's goal. The guy sprung up after stumbling and slalomed through both of their cbs, simply because he reacted quicker than them. His shot was hit so hard that it didn't really give cech a chance to react, look at the finish again. If Rooney/Hernandez/sturridge etc had scored that against us, a lot more would have been made of it. Goal of the week for me.

Santos goal. For me, cech should have done a better job with that, it wasnt hit that ferociously. Poor keeping for me.

Rvp second. I'm sorry, but how many times have you seen players deeply f**k up a one on one? Rvps, composure in the 85 min to round cech at 3-3 was imense. Ok it was gifted by a horrible mistake, but rvp still had a lot to do between receiving the ball and putting it in the back of the net.

The fiiiiiif goal - so because it was a counter attacking goal it is any less invaluable? Come on! Rvps finish was hit with so much venom that it literally did a 90 degree turn before it got to cech. Regardless of a keepers reactions, sometimes some shots are unsaveable. What makes cech such a good keeper is that he anticipates attackers decisions and moves to nullify what try going to do before they do it. Rvp and Walcott defo caught him out for their power strikes inmho.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:55 am

Git wrote:

He denied it on twitter.

It's just his dirt brush celebration. He's done it loads of times. Trolls be trolling.

Must admit when I saw it I was like what???

Trollers defo be trolling though, I mean it's not like him and his middle eastern wife bouchra are going to support neo nazism is it.

Probably irate Chelsea fans trying to justify terrys behaviour from last week. Epic failures......
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby yosifun » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Git wrote:

He denied it on twitter.

+1000

Besides, someone at twitter has already suggested that Koscielny is by far the biggest Nazi in Arsenal uniforms:
:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12