Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/10/2011

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/10/2011

Postby Swan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:40 pm

elkanofan wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
starmandb wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:I don't know whats more shocking, the fact we beat Chelsea 5-3 or the fact that because we did this we are somehow out of the woods and are flying high :scratch:

1) Without RvP, we'd be dead and buried by now
2) Our defence today was absolutely comical
3) Chelsea were abysmal in defence and Cech had a howler, how often does that happen?

While this was a phenominal result for us and will surely put a lid on our critics, we are by no means the finished article, our defending has gone backwards, we've seen what happens when Mertesacker is faced with pacey forwards and we've also learned that it will take Santos a goal in every game to go from Silvestre to Carlos.

Song is still leaving Arteta in midfield when it should be the other way around, Szczesny definitely DOES have a problem with long range shots, the law of averages must of meant he should save at least one now? And to end our defence was awful.

Had it not been for Koscielny, it would have been us on the back of a 5 goal drubbing or worse.

I'd like to see the Mertemaelen partnership but i think that long term, if Verm can stay fit, Verscielny will be our number one partnership at the back, they are both fast, both amazing in the air and they are both aggressive.

Everything our defence needs.

rvp is an arsenal player.
he plays for arsenal
where is all the without rvp stuff coming from?
he is doing his job

We are far too reliant on him mate, yes he is in stunning form but I fear his form is just masking other gaps in our team. We'll see how good we are when we have to go on a run of games without him.

For now we are very reliant on him, but stop being so dam negative and one eyed. Van Perise this year has quite literally been the worlds best (definatley the worlds best striker at least)! Made me eat my words raw from my harsh critisisim! f**k that Alien playing at Barca with a dream team around him. he's awesome but how well do you think messi would do playing up front with our team? Don't even mention ratface who again needs a dream team around him. The amount of goals and the quality of them van perise has scored with such at times dross around him is unparralled!

We have so many players who will grow around him and will grow to somewhere near his level. Rememeber we have youngish players like Ramsey whos rediscovering his best form and can very quickly become a top, top player alongside Van Persie, Same with Gervinho who can be might effective once he gets 100% in sync with premier league football, at the moment he's still about 85/90% Not quite there but almost.

Think positive man, we have a team finally that wants to play and grow and try, before we had petulant pansies who didn't give a shit about us :)

he don't do so well with argentina so i guess you can say barca dose do a lot for his game..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Bergkamp64 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:50 pm

This rich vein of form we're in is superb , and it looks like the players are forming understandings and jelling together . But it's a long old winter and I can't see Robin avoiding injury somewhere down the road . I'd like too see Park introduced soon and I'm not talking CC . Also Arsene probably will resist the transfer window now too . In my opinion Chamakh can't cut it , so another striker and a biting midfielder would finish the deal for me .
The attitude , confidence and commitment was all there yesterday , and I hope Wenger doesn't get all " I told you so " smug . We need a couple of additions .. In my opinion .
Bergkamp64
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Swan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Bergkamp64 wrote:This rich vein of form we're in is superb , and it looks like the players are forming understandings and jelling together . But it's a long old winter and I can't see Robin avoiding injury somewhere down the road . I'd like too see Park introduced soon and I'm not talking CC . Also Arsene probably will resist the transfer window now too . In my opinion Chamakh can't cut it , so another striker and a biting midfielder would finish the deal for me .
The attitude , confidence and commitment was all there yesterday , and I hope Wenger doesn't get all " I told you so " smug . We need a couple of additions .. In my opinion .

shhhh.. :naughty:

don't jinx it..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Wenger is not introducing Park now in the PL for a simple reason that , if Park fails he would have to buy a new
Striker in January . Smart cookie Wenger is, i tell you . He is very good at using players in installments . He will
present the same player as a new signing in two successive transfer Windows . Now can you beat that . Now can
any manager in the world pull off this trick ? That's Wenger for you .

1] Just bought him phase

2]Looking sharp in training-phase .

3]So what he came for cheap he is class -phase

4] Introduce him after January as a New signing -phase .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Wenger is not introducing Park now in the PL for a simple reason that , if Park fails he would have to buy a new
Striker in January . Smart cookie Wenger is, i tell you . He is very good at using players in installments . He will
present the same player as a new signing in two successive transfer Windows . Now can you beat that . Now can
any manager in the world pull off this trick ? That's Wenger for you .

1] Just bought him phase

2]Looking sharp in training-phase .

3]So what he came for cheap he is class -phase

4] Introduce him after January as a New signing -phase .

We;re signing a new striker in January :1990_dancing.gif:

:doh:
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Ryo was constantly counted as a summer signing this year...

We bought him in January. Last I checked January was winter, or at least it's still cold as f**k here.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/10/2011

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:35 pm

Leody wrote:Ryo was constantly counted as a summer signing this year...

We bought him in January. Last I checked January was winter, or at least it's still cold as f**k here.

Wenger is trying to get a third window out of him!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Trequartista » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:14 pm

I think we may see Park midweek vs Marseille
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Just finished watching the game...

The only think that was poorer than our defense, was Chelsea's defense and Petr Cech. Cech was shit...

We really could have conceded 6-7 again, that was embarrassing defending at times.

All in all, fan-fucking-tastic result though.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Leody wrote:Just finished watching the game...

The only think that was poorer than our defense, was Chelsea's defense and Petr Cech. Cech was shit...

We really could have conceded 6-7 again, that was embarrassing defending at times.

Frank McLintock agrees with you

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/press- ... st-chelsea
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Leody wrote:Just finished watching the game...

All in all, fan-fucking-tastic result though.

I don't understand people saying Cech was shit.
First goal he came out and closed down Gervinho which is exactly what he was supposed to do but Gerv cleverly passed sideways to RVP.
Second goal he possibly could've done better to stop Santos' strike but when you're one on one with the GK from that distance the striker will score 90% of the time so hardly surprising.
Third goal Theo slipped past five players brilliantly and then blasted it at the near post. People always say that GKs shouldn't be beaten at their near post but most strikers are told to shoot across the GK into the far corner so whenever people go near post it takes the GK by surprise. Again he was blasting it from a very close distance so no time to react.
Fourth goal RVP is coming from one on one for miles, not much Cech can do about that.
Fifth goal RVP thumped it towards Cech but it curled away from him. He got a hand to it but when the ball is moving like that it's not easy to save.

Not long ago people were saying he was the best GK in the world, now all of a sudden he's shit.

People always forget that the GK is the last line of defence as well. If you concede a goal you can blame the entire team for that before you blame the 'keeper.
The midfielders should've closed down the opposition better, the DM should also have protected the back four. The back four should've protected the GK and so on.
We scored those excellent goals because we're a great attacking team and because the Chavs were trying so hard to attack us that they exposed themselves, not because their GK isn't good enough.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Koscielny video against Chelsea,when you see all the good things he does put together you realise what a great performance he had.

O yeah and there are rumours that he left Stamford Bridge with £50 million in his back pocket :P
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Cech got beaten with a shot right under him and twice on his near post. A truly worldclass keeper saves at least 2 of those 3.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Aye I thought he should have saved Santo's goal becuase it was a pretty shit shot but Theo's goal ws un-stoppable.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Leody wrote:Cech got beaten with a shot right under him and twice on his near post. A truly worldclass keeper saves at least 2 of those 3.

Whether he's truly world class or not is certainly debatable, but he aint shit.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12