Arsenal Vs Bolton | Carling Cup 25/10/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Bolton | Carling Cup 25/10/2011

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:09 am

You know I have finally realised something, starman "db", starman isn't a person, he's like that IBM computer that won Jeopardy, the "db" stands for data base.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:12 am

Fabrestuta wrote:You know I have finally realised something, starman "db", starman isn't a person, he's like that IBM computer that won Jeopardy, the "db" stands for data base.

Some of the obscure stats he pulls out certainly makes you wonder, like when he starts naming games Walcott came off the bench and we came from behind, or scored more goals... from five years ago... :dizzy:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:29 am

Fabrestuta wrote:You know I have finally realised something, starman "db", starman isn't a person, he's like that IBM computer that won Jeopardy, the "db" stands for data base.

oh i,m real mate,
over there with 6 gunners tonight
don,t use my season ticket on carling cup nights
sat right on the halfway line
row 10 upstairs
another great nights gooning had by all
when i am on the computer i use it as the informative medium it is when i,m out and about i like sharing life with friends and family.
i,m lucky enough to have a good share of both.
anybody with the gunners in there heart is a freind of mine
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 am

Leody wrote:

Some of the obscure stats he pulls out certainly makes you wonder, like when he starts naming games Walcott came off the bench and we came from behind, or scored more goals... from five years ago... :dizzy:

so its better for an arsenal supporter to say that theo walcott[who without question is in poor form]has never made an impact off the bench? i believe as supporters criticism of our players should come with a heavy heart not just tossed out willy nilly
starmandb

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Bolton | Carling Cup 25/10/2011

Postby Leody » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:54 am

starmandb wrote:
Leody wrote:

so its better for an arsenal supporter to say that theo walcott[who without question is in poor form]has never made an impact off the bench? i believe as supporters criticism of our players should come with a heavy heart not just tossed out willy nilly

Why do you always assume the negative mate? I didn't say that, nor was it meant to be implied.

It's just that you recall some of the most insane things over such long time periods about the most insignificant matches. Details that most forget days after the match.

That's just the first example that came to mind. Not picking on you. :peace:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Bolton | Carling Cup 25/10/2011

Postby starmandb » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:57 am

Leody wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Leody wrote:

Why do you always assume the negative mate? I didn't say that, nor was it meant to be implied.

It's just that you recall some of the most insane things over such long time periods about the most insignificant matches. Details that most forget days after the match.

That's just the first example that came to mind. Not picking on you. :peace:

yes..sorry i did go on the defensive there,
going to bed now
peace to you also x
starmandb

Postby friedslice » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:37 am

starmandb wrote:
Leody wrote:

I assume you're referring to my comments about Theo, if you are then you've only read part of what I said. I've at no point said he has never made an impact. The comments I made with regards to him as a substitute were merely that he was not a "fantastic" substitute as some had suggested. Theo has shown promise from the bench before, I've never denied it, but a few moments of spark in 5 years is not worthy of a start and isn't enough for me to have him on the bench at the moment, least of all make him a 'fantastic' bench option. I'd either give him a chance up top or not play him at all. You give anyone plenty of chances you'll eventually be able to list a handful of good moments in 5 years. :rolleyes: So no, there was nothing willy nilly about it. 5 years of not fulfilling the 15 million pounds worth of potential is enough to start to get fed up with his constant annonimity.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:47 am

ripping finish from Park
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:38 am

Missed this one. Glad we won and what a finish from Park!

:arse flag.gif: :grouphug: :arse flag.gif:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby AFC10 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:58 am

Decent game to go to last night, got to see some of the new players in and the return on Verms. Looked shaky but can't take away how much of a great win it was! Stand out point's were Arshavin and Park, both looked very good at times and i think it's safe to say Parks out number 2 choice striker ahead of Arshavin? Great finish on his behalf for the goal. Also i think credit can go to Miquel and Yennaris, both out of position and looked solid defensively.. didn't expect much attacking wise but they did well overall
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yosifun » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:58 am

Good game, congrats for TV for his comeback.

After watching the finish by Park, I keep asking myself why the hell Chemakh is getting more minutes than him??
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:56 am

Boxer wrote:Just got back from the game and iv got to say, for me motm was a close call between Arshavin and Squidgy...
Few nervy momments though the game and yeah it was a bit ugly, but hay who cares as long as we win ;)
Good to see TV5 back as well :pray: but for me Squdgy was the rock at the back, won everything and did`nt feck up.
Arshavin probably played as good as iv seen this season, but feck me the last 20 mins or so he should have been taken off, lazy aint the word, i think he`s only good for an hour, but because of the goal and assist he gets my motm vote.
Good shift from Yossi as well, he was all over the place and the main man for most of the attacks. And he`s got a cracking song :biggrin:

As a bonus,,,the so called "Lifeless Bowl" was rocking tonight :clap: .....Block 5 lower ;) standing all through the game :cloud9:

That's true actually, Squill was superb I forgot to mention that. Got his head on everything.
Very solid performance from him and Yennaris was sold defensively as well.
On current form Squillaci > Djourou!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:07 am

Already mentioned it but was well chuffed for Shava to get a goal. Since you were there and saw it it's nice to know his whole performance was good Boxer.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Already mentioned it but was well chuffed for Shava to get a goal. Since you were there and saw it it's nice to know his whole performance was good Boxer.

Yeah Arsh was good all game. Him and Benayoun basically ran the show.
I agree with AW when he said that they both took responsibility for the game and led by example.
Shrewd move from the boss in a way. He takes a player who's out of form and says "Right, today you and Yossi are the oldest players on the pitch by some distance. Show them how to play the game and look after them as well."
Giving Arsh extra responsibility clearly worked.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... f-the-game

Wenger - Arshavin took charge of the game

By Chris Harris

Arsène Wenger was full of praise for Andrey Arshavin after Tuesday's Carling Cup win over Bolton.

The Russian playmaker was given a roving role behind the main striker Ju Young Park and turned the tie on its head after the visitors had taken a second-half lead.

Arshavin equalised with a low drive into the corner and then set up Park for what proved to be the winner with a strong run and perfect pass.

"I have to say that the experienced players took charge of the game and made the difference," Wenger told Arsenal Player.

"Andrey loves to play behind the strikers and he scored a goal and gave an assist. He is an exceptional talent, everyone knows that. He loses the ball sometimes because he takes a gamble because he is a creative player."

Before the match the manager declared that Park would win over the fans - and he was proved right. "I think everybody here tonight saw what a good player this boy is," said Wenger. "He is intelligent, mobile, a good finisher. I loved his game tonight."
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:49 am

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ok-charge-

'The more experienced players took charge'

on the victory…
In the first half I believe we had the chances. In the second half we were caught straight away losing the ball in our own half and they scored. From then on of course they tested us. The more experienced players then took charge of the game, especially Arshavin, Park and Benayoun - they made the difference.

I have to congratulate the team because we had two young full-backs who are usually central players. In midfield we were very young and we have shown good spirit against a good Bolton side.

on tiredness...
In the last 20 minutes our legs had gone a little bit and we were hanging on with a bit of luck. Many players have not played at that level and that intensity so it was vital for us tonight not to go into extra time.

on Vermaelen's return…
He did very well. He had to come off for a minor calf problem but I hope it's not too bad. He will be a bit short for Saturday, I don't know yet what I will do. We have to test him tomorrow, but it doesn't look too bad.

He has been out for a long time, he had only one training session yesterday with the team. I didn't really expect a game of that intensity, it was a tough one for a centre-back. They put us under pressure in the second half and the intensity of the game was very high.

We don't think it is a calf strain, it is just tight calves. He has not played a proper game for two months. He wanted to come off. In fairness I did not want to take him off because I thought it was too stupid now with four minutes to go to concede a goal. He was adamant he couldn't go on so I hope it's not too bad.

on a run of form…
We want to just keep going and I think it is down to us to change the mind of people. We have a good spirit, a good attitude and there is still some room for improvement of course. We are getting better and better.

on Arshavin's performance…
Andrey is a player who of course takes a bit gamble on nearly every ball he plays. Sometimes he loses balls he shouldn't lose but when you look at the end of the game he has always had a big impact. Tonight he scored and made an assist. He had a good performance tonight.

on his 'no 10' credentials...
You cannot play with two wingers and two offensive players like that, you are too short in midfield. He is normally a wide player but he wants to grow in a role behind the striker. Of course, he can do that. He plays where you want him to play but if you ask him honestly he will always tell you that he likes to play in there.

on Park's display…
For me I am very pleased with his performance. He had a very, very good game. He has shown intelligence in his link play with others. The quality of his movement was exceptional and his finishing is absolutely fantastic. He has shown tonight that he is a very, very good player. He is ready to play in league games, yes.

Compared to the player who played in the first match [against Shrewsbury] where he was a bit inhibited, tonight I felt he played with freedom and has showed what a good player he is.

on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain…
He needs what I told you: the urgency that is used to dominate the games. Now he is at a level where every single ball needs 100 per cent concentration and fight, and that is what he will learn in these games.

on Chelsea…
We had 11 changes from Sunday's game so of course we will have many changes for Saturday. It's a top-level game, that means we need to turn up with a top-level performance. I am confident we can get something out of the game. You can fly but you land quickly in our sport. We of course want to keep improving. Don't worry, we will go there with spirit and give them a fight.

on Fabianski…
Lukasz is a world-class goalkeeper. I have always said that and I am convinced that we are very lucky here to have fantastic goalkeepers - Mannone as well is very good. The problem is when you are a goalkeeper only one can play.

on Ryo's performance…
Ryo is a guy with heart. I don't think he played long enough and we were in a position where we had to defend more than we could attack. But you could see straight away that his heart, his determination and his pace in the game are big assets.

He is like Oxlade-Chamberlain - they have to get used to the intensity of these games. When will he be ready? He just had one day training yesterday with the group because he was injured. He worked a lot with the fitness coach. I believe he will be ready at Christmas.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12