Arsenal Vs Stoke | Premiership 23/10/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Stoke | Premiership 23/10/2011

Postby friedslice » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 am

Zedie wrote:Just got back from the game and have a few observations:

Mr No End Product came through with loads of product

Chamakh looks just as shit in real life as he does via stream or broadcast. If we dont sell him and gt a proper ST and an AM this Jan, i will be pissed

The Ramsey assist for the first goal was sick

Theo is wasted currently, he just doesnt get the service he requires from our midfield

Stoke are shit going forward, hoof after hoof was their game plan full stop

Our fans shut the Stoke fans the f**k up. However, i felt like i was the only in club level giving it. Nevermind, its worth the sore throat!

Manure got molested on their own turf by their greatest rivals. I cant wait for the highlights tonight, i want to see their stadium empty

Robin van Persie. That is all.

Erm, the player playing the exact same role on the other side of the pitch created two goals and got one for himself.
Theo fell over a few times and f***ked up a few crosses.
the fact he's not a footballer has more to do with it than any lack of support.

yesterday was the same as usual, shit defending, no end product, relying on RVP. we'd have gotten nothing against a better side, the same as v sunderland, marseilla, swansea etc. we're 1 match away from embaressment with our defence. as with the sunderland match we were 30 cm's away from 2-2 with our set piece defending being non existent.

:BangHead:
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:37 am

starmandb wrote:
AvA wrote:
Always_a_gooner wrote:Please arsenal keep the lead

wouldnt hold much hope mate

why not?
in our last 27 home games only the liverpool game last season did we lose a lead after the 73rd minute

Because we've given away leads regularl in recent years...

Feels like you're just throwing stats out there now to show off. There's a point where stats mean nothing and prove litte. What does that stat prove? That we should make sure we get in the lead with less than 17 minutes to go? Because we've conceded shit loads of leads in the past few seasons, I think most gooners would have been crossing their fingers and toes that for once we could hold it. I guess we'd have all sat back in comfort had we all known that completely pointless stat.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:51 am

friedslice wrote:
starmandb wrote:
AvA wrote:

why not?
in our last 27 home games only the liverpool game last season did we lose a lead after the 73rd minute

Feels like you're just throwing stats out there now to show off. There's a point where stats mean nothing and prove litte. What does that stat prove? That we should make sure we get in the lead with less than 17 minutes to go? Because we've conceded shit loads of leads in the past few seasons, I think most gooners would have been crossing their fingers and toes that for once we could hold it. I guess we'd have all sat back in comfort had we all known that completely pointless stat.

So we've lost one... but how many have we blown the lead and drawn?

A lot more than 1 in the last 27 I'm sure.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yosifun » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:42 am

Another win to get us to 7th place, I was relieved when we finally scored the 2nd goal, god knows what we would do without RvP this season.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:33 pm

friedslice wrote:
starmandb wrote:
AvA wrote:

why not?

right so next home game when we are leading rather than support the team and be the 12th man that a home crowd should be i should stand up and declare i don,t hold out much hope of us holding this lead?
its not showing off its trying to get everyone that walks into that stadium in a positive vibe.
a crowd can make a difference to a good side and i don,t believe going all corporal frazier is of any use at all
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:41 pm

I often don't agree with you statto, but I applaud you for that comment. If we had more people standing up and being the 12th man the Emirates wouldn't be so bloody quiet at times.

And hell maybe it would run off a few of the prawn sandwich brigade.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby starmandb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Leody wrote:
friedslice wrote:
starmandb wrote:
AvA wrote:

why not?

So we've lost one... but how many have we blown the lead and drawn?

A lot more than 1 in the last 27 I'm sure.

1 i made a mistake, that liverpool game in the now 28th home game is the only game that we lost the lead in and we didnt lose we drew
starmandb

Postby Leody » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 pm

You have far too much time on your hands. :arse flag.gif: :D

Guess it's been away from home we're fragile as hell with leads, hard to dispute the fact that we've blown far too many in the last 2-3 years. Still, stats or not, no reason to be surprised by a fan being a bit uneasy about our club's ability to hold defensively...

And what was that 29th match? When we blew a 2-0 at home to the scum?

Or how about blowing a 4-0 lead at Newcastle? I know it's on the road... but with that track record I understand the concern. They don't exactly fill me with an overwhelming sense of confidence when we go 1-0 at home.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 am

yes it was spurs.
i have the same amount of time as everyone else.
i choose to use large parts of it in thoughts on the club i love.
i also spend huge amounts of time pushing my cab around the streets of london and with family and friends i also love
had a great day on monday with my girls on monday watching shrek the musical
will be watching a great rocknroll band jim jones revue at sheps bush thursday and going 02 to see arctic mondays sunday.
i just believe that if you do something you give it your best shot/
never enough time for 1 life
starmandb

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Stoke | Premiership 23/10/2011

Postby Leody » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:58 am

starmandb wrote:i just believe that if you do something you give it your best shot/
never enough time for 1 life

Amen to that.

You have to have the most brilliant memory I've ever seen. Just joshin' about the time thing. Nothin but love.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 am

He's a cabbie, his memory would have to be bloody good.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12