Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 16/10/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 16/10/2011

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:26 pm

HorseMachine wrote:Was at the game today, what did people make of Howard Webb today? I would like to know if he was a dodgy/sh*t as he appeared without the hindsight of replays and better angles...

I thought he was f***ing appalling... Brown should have been off at least twice... and what was Kos booked for?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:30 pm

Always_a_gooner wrote:If you think about it therese only 6 points separating us and 4th place..we just need to be consistent and continue to win games

Better than that...Newcastle are in fourth,they won't stay there.

Liverpool and Spurs are the two we need to look at,we're only four behind Liverpool and three behind Spurs albeit they have a game in hand

If Vermaelen comes back and stays fit,we will give them a serious run for the money.

On another note....

Legend

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7245790,00.html
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Always_a_gooner wrote:If you think about it therese only 6 points separating us and 4th place..we just need to be consistent and continue to win games

Would of only been 5 points but for some reason on here people wanted it to be 6. :think:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Would of only been 5 points but for some reason on here people wanted it to be 6. :think:

:dontknow: :dontknow:
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby HorseMachine » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:01 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
HorseMachine wrote:Was at the game today, what did people make of Howard Webb today? I would like to know if he was a dodgy/sh*t as he appeared without the hindsight of replays and better angles...

I thought he was f***ing appalling... Brown should have been off at least twice... and what was Kos booked for?

Thank you, thought as much. The amount of times he gave nothing, or very little was pissing the crowd off massively. Wonder if MOTD will show any of it.

From where we were seemed that, despite the fact Sunderland were fouling sods, each time he booked a Sunderland player, he felt compelled to book an Arsenal player soon after, for pretty much nothing.
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:11 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Seemed everyone wanted Newcastle to win today. A Spurs win would of had you closer to the top 4. As people say on here, despite you being bad this year, Spurs still won't finish above you! So they're not the team to catch really?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Seemed everyone wanted Newcastle to win today. A Spurs win would of had you closer to the top 4. As people say on here, despite you being bad this year, Spurs still won't finish above you! So they're not the team to catch really?

the yiddos squad is better than Newcastle's, so they are more of a threat for 4th
couldn't care less where we are in October as long as we manage 4th in May
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Just finished watching the game.
Great win, very hard fought and only a few defensive mistakes this time.
RVP is on fire right now. Can't remember the last time he scored from a free kick.
Seems like the team are finally beginning to gel together at last. Hopefully as the season progresses they'll tighten up as a unit.
Not sure why Song spent most of the game further up the pitch than Arteta but still....

Rosicky was great today as was Song. Mertesacker is looking more and more comfortable and solid with each game and Kos was solid.
Really impressed with Santos today when he came on. Looks like there'll be an interesting battle between him and Gibbs for that LB spot this season.
Gervinho and Theo didn't contribute much, Theo needs to get away from his markers so he can get more involved in the game.
Outstanding save from Shez but his distribution still needs work and what the hell was he doing rushing out of his goal like that?!
Big 3 points today.

Still can't believe RVP's chip didn't go in.... :shock: :doh: :pray:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Boxer wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:
Boxer wrote:I thought todays game over all was a vast improvment, still a bit suspect in defending but getting better especially Kosh.
The only down side was Theo and Song.....Theo done feck all (again) and Song looked like his boots were made of that super boucey rubber, his 1st touch was shocking.

Still, a wins a win.....onwards and upwards.

Agreed with you on Theo but I thought Song had a really good game.Broke up the play and was rarely dispossessed when he had possession.

I`ll have to watch the highlights later as i thought Song had a mare :dontknow:

Song was good and bad in a way.
His passes went astray too many times, which is why Arteta should've been further forward instead of him but defensively he was excellent.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:26 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Boxer wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:
Boxer wrote:I thought todays game over all was a vast improvment, still a bit suspect in defending but getting better especially Kosh.
The only down side was Theo and Song.....Theo done feck all (again) and Song looked like his boots were made of that super boucey rubber, his 1st touch was shocking.

Agreed with you on Theo but I thought Song had a really good game.Broke up the play and was rarely dispossessed when he had possession.

Song was good and bad in a way.
His passes went astray too many times, which is why Arteta should've been further forward instead of him but defensively he was excellent.

Exactly. His break up play and vital challenges were invaluable today. He shouldnt be in Artetas position as he was today, but defensively, he really stood out.

His passing was well off though, so i can understand why people are pissed, but on the other hand, there were quite a few points where he was the only one properly defending!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Arsenal Vs Sunderland | Premiership 16/10/2011

Postby shamrock11 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Improved performance today from the boys good to see!!

RvP was brilliant!That chip would've been brilliant!!Rosicky looked good!now to beat Stoke
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Just seen RvP's turn/chip, nice.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby friedslice » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:50 am

Boxer wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:

That's the nature of football, he played 3 of the worst passes I've ever seen, that stands out, people notice that and assume he had a shit game purely because it's unacceptable to be doing that 3 times in a match. But in the 2nd half he was a rock at DM, he made several ball winning challenges in the box, won us goal kicks and controlled the midfield with his physical presence.

In short he played 3 shit passes but he was superb in the second half apart from that, of course though the very nature of a DM means most people miss the hardwork he does, it's easy to forget an edge of the box challenge but a terrible pass to noone to the groan of the crowd makes a player get noticed.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:55 am

Boxer wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:

If he stopped trying to be an attacking midfielder at every opportunity and actually played the position he's best suited to, then he'd have a fantastic game. He does score the odd goal, and sometimes very timely goals, but he is clumsy going forward at best.
Arteta got a bit of stick from a few Gooners but he's in the middle with a Song who often wants to tear ahead and leave the centre of the Park open. Our defence once again showed it's incredibly vulnerable and to be honest we absolutely HAVE to have a DM sitting deep until we actually try to fix that issue.

Song's passing was shite at times but he should be drilled into thinking he's not Dennis Bergkamp and doesn't need to make pinpoint passes all the time. Bert made a career of never being mentioned in most games, and that is a good thing. Break up attacks, lay the ball off and disappear, that is what Song can do very well.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby The Goats Horn » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:55 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
If he stopped trying to be an attacking midfielder at every opportunity and actually played the position he's best suited to, then he'd have a fantastic game. He does score the odd goal, and sometimes very timely goals, but he is clumsy going forward at best.
Arteta got a bit of stick from a few Gooners but he's in the middle with a Song who often wants to tear ahead and leave the centre of the Park open. Our defence once again showed it's incredibly vulnerable and to be honest we absolutely HAVE to have a DM sitting deep until we actually try to fix that issue.

Song's passing was shite at times but he should be drilled into thinking he's not Dennis Bergkamp and doesn't need to make pinpoint passes all the time. Bert made a career of never being mentioned in most games, and that is a good thing. Break up attacks, lay the ball off and disappear, that is what Song can do very well.

Agreed...

Song needs to be told that he is the defensive midfielder and his duties do not include bombing forward only if need be,when he does play in front of the back four he more often than not has a good game.I actually think he is having a detrimental effect on Arteta's game,If Song stayed back like he should be doing Arteta could get into more advanced positions were he can be more effective.

At one stage Yesterday,Song was playing off Van Persie ffs

Stick to what you're good at ....... defending
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12