Tottenham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/10/2011

Re: Tottenham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/10/2011

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:49 am

IMF wrote:This is the problem with Arsenal. Fans too easily satisfied with f***ing average players.

A-fucking-men to that.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:52 am

IMF wrote:Why does Chesney get an 8? He was rooted for the first goal and completely f*cked up for the second. His distribution was f***ing awful; he kicked it out of play about 7 or 8 times.

And Gervinho an 8 too?? You f*cking serious? I just saw him miss our best chance in the first half, run into players a few times and then run backwards every time he had the ball. He also made a pathetic attempt to stop Walker when Walker went off and scored. He was just as wank as Theo was.

This is the problem with Arsenal. Fans too easily satisfied with f***ing average players.

I find it amusing ,when people start threads claiming Chesney to be the best goalie in the league .
He has bucket loads of potential but he also has plenty of scope for improvement when it comes to
kicking distribution and saving long range shots. I hope all the hype does not get to his head
cos he sure has a very bright future at Arsenal as long as he is prepared to improve by working his
socks off.

Gervinho has class no doubt about that but i don't know why keeps on tripping on to himself so often .
When he is playing in a wide position why the f*ck does he keep drifting in to the middle . I hope
he realizes the position he is playing in and not do his own thing by moving his privileged as*
towards the center every other time.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 am

IMF this is your fault remember. Shouldn't have watched the game
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby rodney » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:20 am

For all those people that continue to back the manager and have done over the course of the last three seasons. Yesterdays embarrassment was for you. Spurs now have a better team and squad than us.

Our new signings aren't good enough. We've lost two top quality players in Nasri and Cesc and we have two average ones in Gervinho and Arteta to replace them with. Anyone dreaming of fourth place is on another planet. We're going to struggle to get sixth.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby IMF » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 am

CynicalGooner wrote:IMF this is your fault remember. Shouldn't have watched the game

I know. Well I'm off to Turkey on the 13th and return on the 21st. If we win all the games that I cannot watch - I will not watch a game on the TV again this year.

But I still blame Diaby.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby The Goats Horn » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:27 am

IMF wrote:Why does Chesney get an 8? He was rooted for the first goal and completely f*cked up for the second. His distribution was f***ing awful; he kicked it out of play about 7 or 8 times.

And Gervinho an 8 too?? You f*cking serious? I just saw him miss our best chance in the first half, run into players a few times and then run backwards every time he had the ball. He also made a pathetic attempt to stop Walker when Walker went off and scored. He was just as wank as Theo was.

This is the problem with Arsenal. Fans too easily satisfied with f***ing average players.

Wouldn't attribute much blame on Szcznesy for the first goal but he has to take the brunt of it for the second,he will be very disappointed with himself on letting that shot in.

Gervinho was poor Yesterday but he's definitely not as w**k as Theo

In fact its testament to how bad Walcott was that he has barely been mentioned by anyone over the last ten pages,Its like we accept that he will be shite so there's no point discussing it.The sooner Ox takes his place the better,I fully expect this time next season Chamberlain will have made the right side his own.
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby IMF » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 am

The Goats Horn wrote:

Wouldn't attribute much blame on Szcznesy for the first goal but he has to take the brunt of it for the second,he will be very disappointed with himself on letting that shot in.

In fact its testament to how bad Walcott was that he has barely been mentioned by anyone over the last ten pages,Its like we accept that he will be shite so there's no point discussing it.The sooner Ox takes his place the better,I fully expect this time next season Chamberlain will have made the right side his own.

What about Shizzlers distribution? It's actually worse than Almunia's...

Ox won't make the right side his own as he won't get enough game time I reckon. Especially after the return of the prodigal son (Diaby).
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Leody » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:38 am

The Goats Horn wrote:

Yeah... but there's still no reason on earth that Szczsney should get an 8 :dizzy:

His performance at best was average overall. He made a couple very nice saves, and a couple very bad errors... cancels out. Average = 6.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:30 am

IMF wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:

What about Shizzlers distribution? It's actually worse than Almunia's...

Ox won't make the right side his own as he won't get enough game time I reckon. Especially after the return of the prodigal son (Diaby).

Yeah i said this earlier in the thread its just cringe when it is passed back to Szczesny because he just looses it. As for Walcott, even van persie has a higher vote for Arsenal MOTM that show how ineffectual he was.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby S4cePL » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:48 am

Im sick of this "in arsene we trust" bullshit. We act as though he is tenured and for those who worry about who's next if AW gets canned i ask, can it really get worse? Aw gtfo while we still have time to salvage some sort of campaign. Moyes would fill in just nicely or any manager with a backbone to be honest
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:50 am

friedslice wrote:My Ratings:

Chesney 8 (out of 10): saved us several times. would of got a 10 but i think he should have done better with both goals where he dived on the spot.

Sagna: 7, thought he did well, we're going to miss him badly

Mertesacker: 5, looked like a lost boy in London, constantly out of position, not contesting headers, getting outjumped and being late in the tackle..

Song: 6, thought he held his own for a mekeshift CB but was slack a few times.

Gibbs: 6, some good moments but out of position alot.

Ramsey: 3, and that's only for the goal. he was terrible today, gave it away regularly, was out of position alot and was terrible in defence (lost his man regularly, bottled challenges etc).

Coquelin: 7, stood his ground, only a small lad but used his body and looked comfortable on the ball.

Gervinho: 8. thought he was our best player, looked lively with the ball at his feet, cut inside well. should have scored though.

Walcott: 6, another nothing game. came inside well a few times but other than that didn't do much.

Arteta: 7, looked good at times controlling the midfield, doesn't muck in enough though and pulled out of 50,50 balls.

RVP: 5, annonymous throughout i thought.

subs:

Benayoun: 6: didn't do much when he came on.

Jenkinson: 3: REALLY! If he's playing regularly from now we're in trouble. It's like we've regressed back to the Eddie McGoldrick level signings. Bale mugged him off every time he got the ball, went around him like he wasn't there. Oh and he looks a mug with his running style!!! hope he improves drastically, quickly!!!

Sorry but I think you were watching a different game from the rest of us.
Gervinho an 8? Theo a 6? Song (whilst playing CB) set up the only goal we scored and he gets the same as Theo?

:dizzy:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunflash » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:15 pm

The worst thing about the defeat is that I'm not really surprised or disappointed. Our defence still looks a disorganised shambles. What on earth Mertesacker and Song were doing when that long ball went all the way through to Bale, I'll never know. Also Sandro had the freedom of SHL and that led to the second goal. Ramsey was atrocious and Walcott was very poor. I'm worried about Walcott because I don't think he has improved one iota in the five years he's been at the club.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:29 pm

rodney wrote:For all those people that continue to back the manager and have done over the course of the last three seasons. Yesterdays embarrassment was for you. Spurs now have a better team and squad than us.

Our new signings aren't good enough. We've lost two top quality players in Nasri and Cesc and we have two average ones in Gervinho and Arteta to replace them with. Anyone dreaming of fourth place is on another planet. We're going to struggle to get sixth.

I always use to think you were a miserable bastard, but f**k I agree with you now. :crybaby: ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Ive avoided posting here for a few weeks, Arsenal are depressing me enough without reading it over & over again, then this result to boot..

Still reeling over it, what a complete & utter pile of shit we are lately, finally im agreeing that something needs to be done, Wenger needs to go before he does his reputation any more damage & the board if i had my way!
As hypocritical as it sounds now i wish the russian took over, balls to all this about being the last 'big' club in english hands, the prophecy has backfired & the only way we are going to be able to compete let alone challenge the likes of the clubs growing in stature is to spend & spend big, none of this panic buying, (even though i was happy at the time with the new additions) a couple of top rate players & give them the damn bloody wages they want.

It beggars belief when AW comes out & says we cant compete financially!!! ffs the highest prices in the prem for god knows how long, they need to stop worrying about finances while they are in a healthy state & concentrate on the pitch because this feels like we are on the edge of a very slippery slope and its going to get worse before it gets better.

Hoping in vain that this league break will have a positive affect.
:crybaby:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby VCC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Ive avoided posting here for a few weeks, Arsenal are depressing me enough without reading it over & over again, then this result to boot..

Still reeling over it, what a complete & utter pile of shit we are lately, finally im agreeing that something needs to be done, Wenger needs to go before he does his reputation any more damage & the board if i had my way!
As hypocritical as it sounds now i wish the russian took over, balls to all this about being the last 'big' club in english hands, the prophecy has backfired & the only way we are going to be able to compete let alone challenge the likes of the clubs growing in stature is to spend & spend big, none of this panic buying, (even though i was happy at the time with the new additions) a couple of top rate players & give them the damn bloody wages they want.

It beggars belief when AW comes out & says we cant compete financially!!! ffs the highest prices in the prem for god knows how long, they need to stop worrying about finances while they are in a healthy state & concentrate on the pitch because this feels like we are on the edge of a very slippery slope and its going to get worse before it gets better.

Hoping in vain that this league break will have a positive affect.
:crybaby:

Actually the league breaks this season really have favored us,I actually dont think we need the Russian yet,i think we need to learn to service our debt a little better lets face it the road we are on with out spending will lose uus 25m revenue in CL football,so it is fair to say that 25m should have always been reinvested in the team,the extra revenue made from tickets gone to the club,but now we are faced with a situation we need to spend on three good players and this will be expensive it is negligent bussiness practice not to invest every year in the plant,the plant in a football team is the players.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12