Tottenham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/10/2011

Re: Tottenham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/10/2011

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Know exactly where you are coming from VCC, and agree with you on most of it, but as long as the current board are pulling the string on our clubs 'wage caps' then there is no way we are going to attract the calibre of player we need at the club, not only to improve the team, but also to guide our younger prospects.

I dont know the statistics off the top of my head, but for too many seasons now we have always made a profit from selling players, be that us selling our prized assets or kids that are deemed not good enough/too impatient.
We are one of the few clubs that are not in debt through over spending in windows or bad management, ok the stadium does seem like it has prevented us to some extent but that is constructive debt, so we were lied to again when supporters were told at numerous meetings that the stadium would have no effect on transfer budgets ect which brings me back to the point that rarely do we actually dip into the so-called allocated kitty because on the surface we only sepnd a fraction of what we make on those leaving.

I would love to see a report of the actual £'s in & out of the club, profits from gate receipts, merchandise, highbury square ect ect (in more lamens terms rather than auditors) ;)
Its frustrating because Arsenal charge the highest prices in the prem for what return? 6 trophyless years.
Honestly i really do feel for those die hards who pay through their noses to go watch the club week in week out, home & away.

EDIT: I also understand the clubs vision when the emirates was built, and how once paid off Arsenal would be self sufficient & i understand that super rich sugar daddies has not helped, not only us but other clubs who have tried to do things the right moral way.
Rock & a hard place maybe.

*sigh*
:arsenal3:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby VCC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 pm

I only know 125 years ago Arsenal was founded as a football Club not a bussiness that is the messege the board needs,surly the club can be run to service its debt and other revenue should go back into making the clubs history better.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Exactly! lol sorry for the rant-esq post. eek. its late, im tired, scum beat us, my world has fallen apart since sunday. I need happy pills.
Arsenal needs a miracle....im going to apply for job as head chef at WHL...think i'd get it? ive catered for the Queen! ;)

we simlpy cannot have the scum finishing above us 61 NEVER AGAIN!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby VCC » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:13 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Exactly! lol sorry for the rant-esq post. eek. its late, im tired, scum beat us, my world has fallen apart since sunday. I need happy pills.
Arsenal needs a miracle....im going to apply for job as head chef at WHL...think i'd get it? ive catered for the Queen! ;)

we simlpy cannot have the scum finishing above us 61 NEVER AGAIN!

LOL no royalist here my two least favorite people Queen and Spuds lol laxitives befor the next Derby could be funny,and i think we have all had a rant lately just the territory the club is in,Thing is we are all still the Arsenal,for me being a long way from the action and in a rugby mad country,this is all ground breaking for me with the net and access to passionate people views from the club,its amazing how divided the fans are becoming the damage is not only happening on the pitch but in the terraces as well,Simply needs to change.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Would like to thank Arsenal FC...

Postby Bungle678 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 pm

for providing the only low point on my entire trip to Vegas... Why I thought it a good idea to stay up through to 8am to watch that I do not know!

On a day when Redknapp got his tactics so so wrong we were unable to punish them because this shadow of a team lacks so much its not even worth listing! Yes we had a lot of possesion and some decent play but no cutting edge too many players go missing and/or fall short

The final nail in the coffin was putting Metersacker up top, a tactic we've all ridiculed from the likes of Allardyce and Pulis. We are on our arse and its getting to the point where a mid-table finish is looking a difficult task.

Lets hope we have some miracle recoveries from some of our injuries soon or we are in trouble
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Would like to thank Arsenal FC...

Postby Futuo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 pm

and don't forget the Ref, VdV should have had 3 yellows
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Would like to thank Arsenal FC...

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Nothing wrong with mertesacker up front, it is called a plan b! Problem was we carried on tippy tappying around on the ground and hardly sent any long balls up to him - so what was the point!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Would like to thank Arsenal FC...

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Nothing wrong with mertesacker up front, it is called a plan b! Problem was we carried on tippy tappying around on the ground and hardly sent any long balls up to him - so what was the point!

this
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12