Arsenal Vs Olympiakos | Champions League 28/09/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos | Champions League 28/09/2011

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:29 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Then it is just a matter of opinion, to which Alan is rightly entitled to. Everyone has their own expectations.

Exactly...he said Arsenal fans have less expectancy these days

He didn't say HE expects less

I expect Arsenal to fight for the title every season and I will never settle for this "top four is a trophy in itself" bullsh*t

If we have a small club mentality,it won't be long before we are a small club

If we have the attitude that we will never win the league,we will never win the league

Well then he is just wrong in assuming that every Arsenal fan has the same expectations.

And I too expect them to challenge for the title every season, but then reality hits and I see the squad that AW puts together and my expectations change.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Chrissiii wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:Did anyone else get annoyed at how Alan Smith said there was "less expectancy at Arsenal these days" last night

Pissed me right off

Isn't it true? Last season we were expecting to win the league whereas this season we're just expecting to finish top 4 :dontknow:

you speak for yourself mate.
i believe we can win everything
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: Re: Arsenal Vs Olympiakos | Champions League 28/09/2011

Postby Leody » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:01 pm

ChVint22 wrote: I too expect them to challenge for the title every season, but then reality hits and I see the squad that AW puts together and my expectations change.

So true :lol:

I held out hope till Sept 1 (at least a little hope), then it hit...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Chrissiii » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Fair enough to all of you who still believe we can win something but in my opinion we are no match for the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea and maybe even Liverpool and Tottenham. They'll all probably strengthen there squads in January as well, unlike us
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby The Goats Horn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Chrissiii wrote:Fair enough to all of you who still believe we can win something but in my opinion we are no match for the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea and maybe even Liverpool and Tottenham. They'll all probably strengthen there squads in January as well, unlike us

You're not getting it.....

My expectation for Arsenal is to do everything in their power to win the title,I will not settle for anything less.

My belief is that we will be miles away come next May.

There is a difference in what you expect of the club and what the club is actually achieving

If all our fans expected to finish fourth at the start of each season,the pressure would be off the board/manager/staff and players to perform right from the start.

As much as Arsene Wenger would like us to believe,qualifying for the Champions League is not a f**king trophy and never will be.

In the famous words of Ricky Bobby "If you're not first........you're last"
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:
Chrissiii wrote:Fair enough to all of you who still believe we can win something but in my opinion we are no match for the likes of City, Utd, Chelsea and maybe even Liverpool and Tottenham. They'll all probably strengthen there squads in January as well, unlike us

You're not getting it.....

My expectation for Arsenal is to do everything in their power to win the title,I will not settle for anything less.

My belief is that we will be miles away come next May.

There is a difference in what you expect of the club and what the club is actually achieving

If all our fans expected to finish fourth at the start of each season,the pressure would be off the board/manager/staff and players to perform right from the start.

As much as Arsene Wenger would like us to believe,qualifying for the Champions League is not a f**king trophy and never will be.

In the famous words of Ricky Bobby "If you're not first........you're last"

+1
we're not so shallow that we'll stop supporting the club if we don't win silverware *cough*Unitedfans*cough*, but we at least expect them to try
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby PLF » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:52 am

same old same old on here. Doom and Gloom

"no match to Liverpool or Tottenham" are you serious ????
PLF

Postby Chrissiii » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 am

I'm just going by from what I've seen. We got murdered by Liverpool and they got murdered by Tottenham
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12