Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 24/09/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 24/09/2011

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Just finished watching the game on Footy first.
Really pleased with the result. The result was more important than the performance today and we got both even though we still have a long way to go before we properly gel as a team and reach our best.
Most pleasing part of the day - a CLEAN f***ing SHEET. Thank the Lord. :pray:

From what I saw Song was great, Arteta was good, Theo was dangerous but wasteful and Shez saved our arses, again.
RVP getting closer to top form every game.
Is anyone else wondering why Kos always clashes heads with people? He's forever headbutting players. :dizzy:
Must be something wrong with his technique.

We needed plenty of patience to get the win today and we went about the job calmly on the whole.
Still of couple of hairy moments with players sprinting back towards their own goal though.
Good confidence boost for the squad, let's hope we can kick on from here.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:51 pm

Ramsey was superb today i thought, involved in every move.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Just finished watching the game on Footy first.
Really pleased with the result. The result was more important than the performance today and we got both even though we still have a long way to go before we properly gel as a team and reach our best.

From what I saw Song was great, Arteta was good, Theo was dangerous but wasteful and Shez saved our arses, again.
Is anyone else wondering why Kos always clashes heads with people? He's forever headbutting players. :dizzy:

We needed plenty of patience to get the win today and we went about the job calmly on the whole.
Still of couple of hairy moments with players sprinting back towards their own goal though.

Pretty much agree with the above. Kos is like a magnet for head injuries, i wouldnt be surprised if he ended up with punch drunk syndrome by 30! He was probably one of those kids that had to wear a crash helmet growing up.

Pissed about Walcott, although every cloud has a silver lining, we may get to see more of AOC in the prem. Wenger will probably go with AA left/Gerv right though and bringing on AOC from the bench when AA starts blowing at 70mins.

Bring on the Scum.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:58 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Ramsey was superb today i thought, involved in every move.

It's going to sound hypocritical seeing as we're always begging for players to shoot more often but I wish he would shoot less.

He always shoots from too far out and never gets anywhere near enough power. I don't think he's ever troubled a GK with those long range efforts.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:08 am

Inchpractice wrote:

It's going to sound hypocritical seeing as we're always begging for players to shoot more often but I wish he would shoot less.

He always shoots from too far out and never gets anywhere near enough power. I don't think he's ever troubled a GK with those long range efforts.

He's just trying to find his range. One of them will come good at some point then there wont be any going back, remember when Cesc never used to shoot, then started, then scored a few then got even more confidence....

Hopefullye same will happen with him. He seems to be coming off that downturn in form that everyone has been struggling with recently.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:11 am

Inchpractice wrote:

He's just trying to find his range. One of them will come good at some point then there wont be any going back, remember when Cesc never used to shoot, then started, then scored a few then got even more confidence....

Hopefullye same will happen with him. He seems to be coming off that downturn in form that everyone has been struggling with recently.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:42 am

Zedie wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Just finished watching the game on Footy first.

Pretty much agree with the above. Kos is like a magnet for head injuries, i wouldnt be surprised if he ended up with punch drunk syndrome by 30! He was probably one of those kids that had to wear a crash helmet growing up.

Pissed about Walcott, although every cloud has a silver lining, we may get to see more of AOC in the prem. Wenger will probably go with AA left/Gerv right though and bringing on AOC from the bench when AA starts blowing at 70mins.

Bring on the Scum.

I'd 3rd that. Wasn't overly impressed, but getting the shutout has to give the defenders a bit of a morale boost I'd imagine. They were really woeful on that first chance in the 2nd min or whatever it was. Bolton has 2 attackers in the box, we have 7 defenders and they win the ball twice. :dizzy:

I'd like to see some time for Ryo as well... something about that kid. I'd imagine we'll start seeing some Yossi though.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:05 am

Zedie wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

I agree, plus there's also Arteta (and maybe Ox-man if he's involved a little more) who likes to shoot from distance. I can't remember which recent game it was, but a pundit noted that the shots from distance serve two purposes; apart from an obvious shot on goal and potential chance, it also makes the familiar two banks of four that Arsenal come up against, a little less likely to just sit back. The second bank of four midfielders won't just sit their and watch the sideways passing if they fear the 30 yard shots, they wont be happy to just sit back and let you have posession outside the box, they'll push out to close our players down, and in doing so create space between the defence and midfield for our players to exploit.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:51 am

3 purposes if you include the chance the keeper could spill it and Gervinho/van Persie poke in on the follow up.

Inchpractice wrote:

I like that he shoots. Would you rather a frustrating sequence of sideways passing 20 yards out, culminating in losing the ball and getting countered?

There were good signs in that game, wasn't just a win like Swansea and wasn't just decent attacking with no substance at the back (although Mertesacker being beaten in the air by Davies is poor) like Blackburn. But it will take a number of convincing performances and more importantly a run of wins to get out of this rut properly. And months if not years to get rid of our self destructive, soft centred, bottle job mentality
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:29 am

Was impressed with Walcott today, as well as Ramsey.

Song just played too far forward.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:00 am

Gunner Down Under wrote:Was impressed with Walcott today, as well as Ramsey.

just a shame Theo could not hit the side of a barn today got in great possitions but the end product was lacking today
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 24/09/2011

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:05 am

Did you hear Wenger basically admit to playing RVP out of position? He said RVP likes to drop deep like Messi. It might have worked yesterday but it often leaves us short in the final third IMO.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Did you hear Wenger basically admit to playing RVP out of position? He said RVP likes to drop deep like Messi. It might have worked yesterday but it often leaves us short in the final third IMO.

RVP has always preferred a slightly deeper role . But because of wenger's refusal to sign a genuine top
quality number 9 and his refusal to play two up top , RVP has no choice but to lead the line . Yesterday
clearly showed Theo has to improve his finishing by a big way if he wants to play through the middle.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:55 am

Gunner Down Under wrote:Was impressed with Walcott today, as well as Ramsey.

wait what? Theo was so amazingly frustrating to watch.
The numbers of time he lost the ball is sky high really.

Arshavin played way better so he deserves to start
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:08 am

The Goats Horn wrote:Supposedly Gary Cahill is feeling unwell??????

Or is it that Owen Coyle doesn't want to play a player who wanted to leave his club for ours?

Can't believe he has left Davies out ,has he not watched any of the Arsenal/Bolton games over the last five years?

N'gog is sh*te (hopes that won't bite me in the arse)

arsenal v bolton in the last 5 years?
they have beaten us twice both at there ground.
davies has scored 1 goal against us in his whole career that was in 08/09 when we won 3-1 up there.
we beat them 4-1 at home last year.
whilst we must respect all opponents going into a game fearing someone who has had such little impact is counter productive.they have more reason to fear us
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12