Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 24/09/2011

Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 24/09/2011

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I honestly think if he doesn't get injured, he could potentially go past DB10 this season. From now until the end of the season, 20 goals isn't a lot in all comps.

I'd put money on that being his next wanted achievement.

He is closing in on Bergkamps Prem assist record as well, easily done this season too.

And he's doing it without a wrighty/henry type goalscoring partner which makes it even more impressive (especially the assist record)!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Arsenal Vs Bolton | Premiership 24/09/2011

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 pm

I thought Bergkamp had around twice as many assists as that. Maybe just an illusion cast by the brilliance of most of them
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:02 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I thought Bergkamp had around twice as many assists as that. Maybe just an illusion cast by the brilliance of most of them

He was also a pre assist king.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:02 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:Koscielny is so poor it's not funny,Davies was clean through only for a shite touch

Walcott passes to Bolton in a great position

Pathetic support Today

yes,all our best men at home on there computers.
i remember being over there with 22 thousand for a 3rd round cup tiewith bolton in 83 highbury was not exactly buzzing with support.it has never been any different.you have people who like to sing and people who would stand in silence.
if the team were doing well the decibels would rise among the people inbetween.the best cure is to get over there yourself and give it some volume
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I thought Bergkamp had around twice as many assists as that. Maybe just an illusion cast by the brilliance of most of them

Well those were direct assists, overall in his Prime for us he was involved in pretty much every goal we scored.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:OK so Liverpool,Chelsea,Tottenham are all cruising at half time,City already won and Utd will win this evening.....

Come on Arsenal FFS

yes might as well call utd the new invicibles now.
why should they have to go thru that earning it shit?
i don,t think they are going to drop a point all season
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Ramsey was superb today i thought, involved in every move.

It's going to sound hypocritical seeing as we're always begging for players to shoot more often but I wish he would shoot less.

He always shoots from too far out and never gets anywhere near enough power. I don't think he's ever troubled a GK with those long range efforts.

portsmouth away mate 09/10 scored a cracker
starmandb

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Ramsey can shoot and score from range, please don't make me bring up these...Oh wait...

And finally, old school Rambo

:sneaky:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:57 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Didn't know about the assists. That seems crazy, DB10 was an assist machine at times

Bergkamp had 43 league assists, Van Persie has 36.

Speak of the devil...well God actually.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... nspiration

Van Persie - Bergkamp was my inspiration

By Joe Brewin

Robin van Persie admits there was no better role model for him to look up to than Dennis Bergkamp.

Bergkamp is also a member of Arsenal’s golden ‘100 Club’ with 120 goals to his name in a Gunners shirt, currently standing 10th on the list of the Club’s top marksmen.

Van Persie was added to the Dutch contingent at the Club in 2004 from Eredivisie outfit Feyenoord and revealed that one of his first actions was to watch the master at work.

“The first thing I did was watch the video of Dennis' best 100 goals, and I was like, 'wow',” the striker said.

“In my first season I scored five league goals and a couple in the Carling Cup and FA Cup. I thought it would take me 10 years.

“I didn't really start to think about it until I scored my 82nd, 83rd, 84th goals and then realised I only needed 16 more to achieve that."

groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Well he only needs 20 more to equal the ice mans record now, i'm sure its on his mind.

He was posessed against Bolton after he got his first goal, i want that form to stay with him.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Ramsey can shoot and score from range, please don't make me bring up these...Oh wait...

:sneaky:

I know he CAN do it but how long has it been? And only the one in an Arsenal shirt iirc.
If his shooting is not on form he should work on it and while he's doing that he should pass to Song.

:snooty:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:11 pm

:lol: Come on Inch. He has only really started this season, his injury set him back, it certainly seems to me that he is trying to find his range at the moment.

I also noticed that everyone was taking shots from distance against Bolton, Gervinho, Arteta, Van Persie, Sagna etc. It made a nice change.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:26 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... way-to-go-

'I'm happy, but we have a long way to go'

By Chris Harris

"One Arsène Wenger, there's only one Arsène Wenger…"

The Arsenal manager has been under scrutiny since the start of the season but on Saturday, for the second time in a week, his name was cheered to the rafters at Emirates Stadium.

Robin van Persie's brace and a fine finish from Alex Song saw off Bolton and took Arsenal into mid-table. Before the match Wenger had urged his players to lift the home crowd with their performance and, by the final whistle, the fans had responded.

Wenger enjoyed his ovation but he insists that Arsenal still have a long way to go to complete their recovery from a poor start to the campaign.

"It's very nice [to hear the fans sing my name] because on that front we have struggled a little," said Wenger. "It's been a long time since I could go home and relax after a game, I can tell you. I don't know [how long it has been].

"Our season started basically two weeks ago after the August 31 transfer deadline and I believe as well we paid a heavy price to knock Udinese out of the Champions League - that was very demanding for us. After that I feel this is the first time we have had a united squad together.

"We are conscious that there is a long way to go for us and Saturday's game is a little start. Now it will be down to consistency. But I would like to say on today that Per Mertesacker is looking stronger and stronger and that he is calm, intelligent and shows me that he can lead our defence."

Wenger has had plenty of criticism in recent months but, at 62, he knows that managers have to take the rough with the smooth. All the same, the Frenchman knows that changing a manager does not necessarily change a club's fortunes.

"I never complained about the criticism I had, I can completely understand," said Wenger. "I am responsible for the results, I take that and I say that always.

"When you sack your manager you have to look for somebody else and he will lose games too. After a while it is not so easy to find managers.

"I can tell you because I know so many clubs who look for people and I can understand why we get the sack. But you look at clubs who change their manager every six months, they do not go further."
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby friedslice » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:56 am

that was a good win and i really hope the team can get a few more wins on the trot and get some confidence flowing again. There's no hiding the fact we lack a star quality and there's plenty of holes (still massive ones in the defence), but there is some potential in this squad. It's certainly one capable of getting in the top 4 and with the right additions in january and next summer we could find ourselves with a top class squad again (add Benzema, Cahill and world class AM).

This squad is based on confidence, we're not likely to grind out too many tough wins so we need our flair, creative players confident, fit and on song. Wins like this weekends can create that.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12