Re: Arsenal Vs Shrewsbury | Carling Cup 20/09/2011

Postby Herrpoja » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:39 pm

full time! 3-1 gibbs ,ox and yossi on the scoresheet
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby meetreks » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:41 pm

how can i watch the game tonight, heard we can watch after 10 Pm tonight?
meetreks
Michael Thomas

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

meetreks wrote:how can i watch the game tonight, heard we can watch after 10 Pm tonight?

On Arsenal Player
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Jay22 wrote:Coquelin has been f***ing quality.

Really glad hes being given a chance, i was afraid he'd be out the door, was impressed with him last season at Lorient.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Forest wrote:
Jay22 wrote:Coquelin has been f***ing quality.

Really glad hes being given a chance, i was afraid he'd be out the door, was impressed with him last season at Lorient.

agreed, I'd have him starting ahead of Ramsey at the moment
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby meetreks » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:50 pm

I think either Coquelin or the OX must play ahead of Ramsey based on current form..
meetreks
Michael Thomas

Postby Forest » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:52 pm

Coquelin had a good engine last season and got couple assists, would liked to of seen this game but dont have Arse player either, hopefully 101goals will have highlights sometime.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:35 pm

just got back from home, 3-1.. not bad.
WHo was our best player and how did park play? and ox? :D
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 pm

lol only audio wtf, this was played in bloody africa or something?

(no offense)
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Just got back from the game after train nightmares. Thanks for the ticket Boxer.
Good game actually. Surprising how life feels a lot rosier when we get a win under the belt.
The kids got off to an electric start and we should've been 2-0 up within the first ten minutes. Unfortunately that was then followed by the scary bit when Shrewsbury repeatedly broke through our defence.
Unsurprisingly they scored after a few waves of attacks. They have a pacy front man and we were all over the place defensively.
The guy who scored the header for them was in acres of space at the time. This zonal marking thing definitely hasn't sunk in yet, not to any part of the squad.
Second half we were much more convincing and Shrewsbury didn't trouble us nearly as much.
Coquelin stood out for me, superb, and the Ox was excellent as well. Hard to separate them for MOTM.
It's interesting that we were having that debate on here the other day about whether Frimpong is better than Coquelin and now for the first time we saw them play next to each other.
Frimpong has had a good season so far but after today's game his position is under SERIOUS threat from Cockwellin.

Shame Park didn't contribute much and also would've liked to see more of Ryo.
Chamakh. Where do I start? You can't fault his work rate, he never stopped running but he should've scored and his touch let him down several times.
Good to see Benayoun get on the scoresheet.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Cheers for that Inch, was wondering how the young lads played.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Cheers for that Inch, was wondering how the young lads played.

You're welcome sir.
Gibbs was very solid as well, forgot to mention that.

Wenger's view:

Wenger: 'Oxlade-Chamberlain grew in stature'

on getting the win against a decent side…
It was a bit nervy because we played against a good side. I said before the game that the lower divisions have improved in the last five years and you could see that. They were direct but not without technique. They had a direct game but they played it with intelligence and efficiency. They had a few dangerous situations in the first half, even after they scored. So 1-1 was not too bad for us at half time and in the second half we took over, they dropped physically and we played in one half after that.

on whether he was calm at half time…
Yes, I was very calm at half time because panic doesn’t help. I felt that if we maintained the pace in the game we had a good chance to win the game.

on whether Shrewsbury ‘dominated’ the first half…
I’m not sure they dominated the first half, if you look at the numbers again you will see they didn’t dominate the game. They created dangerous situations. It’s always difficult to beat a football team, no matter what division they play in. They knocked Swansea and Derby out and you can see why. They are top of their league.

on whether some of his players are playing with fear…
We played a young team with a mixture of young players and experienced players. We took a gamble and it worked because you could see some players, who we haven’t seen so much of like Oxlade-Chamberlain and Coquelin, have done extremely well and that is positive for the future.

on how to get belief back in the squad…
In the last four games, we have had three good results and the one game we didn’t was Blackburn and that, for me, was a miracle. Look at the numbers; we had 62 per cent of the possession and had 16 shots on goal and we lost 4-3.

on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Coquelin’s performances…
Oxlade-Chamberlain grew through the game and became stronger and stronger. In the first half he was a bit timid and suddenly he grew in stature in the second half. It was unbelievable. What came out, you didn’t expect it after the first half. He became stronger and stronger.

on whether he has staked a claim for a place in the first team…
You could see that he will be a first-team player here, that is for sure. He still has things to work on but, very quickly, he will be knocking on the door.

on Djourou’s performance…
He was very good in the second half. In the first half, he was surprised on the goal. In the second half, he had a good performance.

on whether he will bring in a defensive coach…
I just completed 32 years of coaching. I do not want to answer these types of questions.

On Ryo’s performance…
He did well when he came on. My regret tonight is that he didn’t play long enough to show what he is capable of doing. He will get more opportunities.

on speculation regarding his future…
Whether I work here for the next 10 years or the next day here, I will give my maximum for the Club. I will let other people assess the situation. I focus on doing well for this club, that is all. I am not bothered at all by all this speculation.

I am completely focused on doing well. I can understand that people are unhappy and criticise but people are very quick to go overboard. I accept critics and I don’t say it doesn’t matter. I prefer it if people say I am good but I cannot complain when we lose a game and you are criticised. When we do well, we take all the plaudits so we have to take the blame when it doesn’t go well. But we have, on both sides, to take a little bit of distance.

Stubborn f***er.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:31 pm

He sounds more than a little miffed over the defensive coach question, his answer was also typical stubborn Wenger.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:37 pm

Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12