Arsenal Vs Shrewsbury | Carling Cup 20/09/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Shrewsbury | Carling Cup 20/09/2011

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:He sounds more than a little miffed over the defensive coach question, his answer was also typical stubborn Wenger.

I reckon he's particularly pissed off with that question because it's such a tender subject.
I suspect that several ex-players (and maybe current players) have already suggested it to him and he's not amused.
I sympathise with him when the media ask him f***ing stupid questions but I don't think that question was stupid at all. On the contrary.
Maybe taking on a defensive coach would mean admitting that there are weaknesses in his ability as a manager....?

Boxer wrote:There was 1 thing i forgot.........we saw a pissed up *** at Holburn giving it the "*** army" and he did`nt even know they got dumped out...mug

There's always one.
:rolleyes:

I sat next to a couple on the train who had a very strange argument about a bag they'd lost. They were trying to blame each other for it but they didn't want to make a scene so they whispered the whole argument under their breath.
Eventually the woman got out at Wembley Stadium and said "I'll get out here and talk to lost property." which was f***ing weird because a) it would be closed at that time and b) that was her last train home.
:dizzy:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Saw the goals on SSN...

Djourou was once again at fault for our goal,he lost he man as the cross came in and hesitated as the ball went over his head.Absolutely clueless,the guy is a trainwreck out on the pitch.Also we were very unlucky not to concede from a corner when Frimpong let his man go,not blaming him because that's the Zonal marking bullsh*t system.

There also was another moment when O'Connor stole a march on Djourou when the ball flashed across the goal,luckily he didn't get a toe on it.

On a positive note,Ox has some shot on him :dizzy: Very well taken goal and hearing good things all round by him.He really should be given a chance in the first team,why not at home to Bolton this Saturday?
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:21 am

Play the whole of tonight's team against Bolton. Bolton are dreadful and the young lads will at least be hungry (apparently we pay them in sandwiches).
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:39 am

3-1.....Not sure what to make of that.
Sounds like another disappointing game after reading some of the comments on here. We were at home and playing against a League 2 side ffs. Even though I didn't watch this game, I'm sure this game was all but convincing. I truly was expecting a massacre.

Anyway, happy for Ox and Coquelin, and ecstatic that we played the 4-4-2
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby The Goats Horn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:52 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Play the whole of tonight's team against Bolton. Bolton are dreadful and the young lads will at least be hungry (apparently we pay them in sandwiches).

Bolton beat a strong Villa team away from home Tonight,so they can'y be all that bad :think:
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 am

another lacklustre, shit performance. didn't send a message, didn't prove a point, went a f***ing goal behind. conceded yet another header.

Oxlade looked class though, hopefully he's got the footballing brain theo hasn't got.

the team we fielded should have been scoring more and NOT conceding against fecking shrewsbury though.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:57 am

The Goats Horn wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Play the whole of tonight's team against Bolton. Bolton are dreadful and the young lads will at least be hungry (apparently we pay them in sandwiches).

Bolton beat a strong Villa team away from home Tonight,so they can'y be all that bad :think:

Way to piss in my tea Goat. :snooty:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby VCC » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:10 am

friedslice wrote:another lacklustre, shit performance. didn't send a message, didn't prove a point, went a f***ing goal behind. conceded yet another header.

Oxlade looked class though, hopefully he's got the footballing brain theo hasn't got.

the team we fielded should have been scoring more and NOT conceding against fecking shrewsbury though.

exactly ! :BangHead:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby yosifun » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:36 am

We were playing mainly kids at this game, won 3-1 and people are still not satisfied.. it's Carling Cup ffs..
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:56 am

yosifun wrote:We were playing mainly kids at this game, won 3-1 and people are still not satisfied.. it's Carling Cup ffs..

because it was looking like we were going to lose for a lot of the first half... against 4th division opposition
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 am

You can never take opposition from ANY League for granted in a Cup Competition, how many times have Chelsea, Liverpool or the Mancs been knocked out be inferior opposition? Plenty.

Some of these players have never played together before and some of them were making their debut for the club, given the current situation i think coming back to win 3-1 is a fair result and we scored 3 goals that we usually don't score, a header, a long range thunderbolt and a scrambled tap in.

Three players wanting to make their mark on the 1st team scored as well which can only be a good thing.

I'm a negative SOB at the moment and i want Wenger out of the club but at least try to take some positivity out of the result.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 am

friedslice wrote:another lacklustre, shit performance. didn't send a message, didn't prove a point, went a f***ing goal behind. conceded yet another header.

That's harsh.
I don't think the performance was lacking in lustre at all.
Yes we gave the ball away a few too many times but these players have never played together before it was a really mixed bag.
There were some great attacking moves and some great defensive work from Coquelin as well.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:33 am

Highlights for those who haven't seen them......

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl7lds ... town_sport
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby VCC » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 am

thanks TGH for the highlights with the way we were cut up by them at the back dont like our chances in the cups.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:01 am

Inchpractice wrote:

That's harsh.
I don't think the performance was lacking in lustre at all.
Yes we gave the ball away a few too many times but these players have never played together before it was a really mixed bag.
There were some great attacking moves and some great defensive work from Coquelin as well.

Like i said the other day, i love Frimpong but i don't think he is better than Coquelin.

Shame people can't see past the Mr T Mohawk and the aggressive play, just because he gives us what we have missed for a long time, doesn't make him a better player. Coquelin also has a bit of mean streak about him as well which isn't a bad thing.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12