Blackburn Vs Arsenal | Premiership 17/09/11

Re: Blackburn Vs Arsenal | Premiership 17/09/11

Postby SE13 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:20 pm

VCC wrote:
SE13 wrote:
Gs1981 wrote:You can't slag off the Arsenal in broken English.

Don't forget we've got a hell of a lot of members who don't speak English as a first language - I think credit for trying, especially as it's quite a difficult language to grasp with all our anomalies.

then of course there is the un-educated folks like me that are still learning my first language at 40 odd :lol:

I'm not that much better myself - I can't speak my own Mother-tongue properly.

Well, actually I can, it's the uneducated Northerners that can't pick up simple little rhyming slang :hiding:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:30 pm

I feel sorry for Arsenal fans. Been dealing with 8-2 jokes 4-3 weeks now.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:55 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:I feel sorry for Arsenal fans. Been dealing with 8-2 jokes 4-3 weeks now.

I saw what you did there :lol: ..................... :tumbleweed:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby rvtheace » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:30 pm

I was happy to see the way the attack was clicking together.

The defense was very shaky, and yet it took them two own goals and an offside (Yak's second).

Let's hope they pull together soon. How I wish the Verminator was back!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:33 pm

meetreks wrote:santos - heavy breathing - ball flies over his head he watches it..

Were you just looking to pick on Santos here?

Wasn't an incredible debut no. But he was the only player running at full tilt at 90+ minutes 'heavy breathing' my Arsenal.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby The Goats Horn » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Ok I watched the four goals we conceded again and it's time to pick the bones....

1st goal - Yakubu peals behind our two central defenders runs right beside Koscielny to get back onside,Koscielny see's him but shirks responsibility by just blankly pointing at nothing.Mertesacker hasn't seen him at all because he is behind him,Santos is sleeping and playing him onside.Szcznesy rightly come's off his line but his angle's are wrong and he's not ready for Yakubu's quick finish.

2nd goal - Free kick from our left after Arshavin's foul is floated in,pathetic attempt to win the header results in the ball coming down towards Sagna who avoids it.The result is that Song wasn't ready and his involuntary reaction from his leg hits the ball and rolls past the hapless Szcznesy.

3rd goal - Corner comes in and Koscielny misses the header at the back post,the ball is picked up by the Blackburn player who drives it across the goal line.Yakubu is clearly offside,the linesman makes a poor decision.In fact its a very poor decision because there is no player obstructing his view and the player he must think is playing Yakubu onside is actually behind him,Andre Santos(again). Zonal marking is to blame initially.

4th goal - Arsenal are caught up field and a ball is played down the line for the on rushing Olson.Djourou makes up the ground but his tackle is half hearted and feeble,which results in the ball bouncing kindly for Olson.He makes his way into the box until confronted by Song who he skips past easily (in fact could have won a penalty,Songs tackle was so shite) plays a ball into the near post and Koscielny turns into Bambi on ice and gets his legs all f**ked up.
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 pm

TGH he didn't get his legs tangled, watch it again... He had more than half a chance to 'jump it' [obv don't do that as a defender], HOOF it wherever or face away from goal [quite frankly, same w/ Song's OG...] He literally tapped it toward goal, he obviously [I hope] thought he was the other side of the near post...

As for the FK which allowed Song's OG... It was never a FK to begin w/. Arshavin clearly got the ball.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:49 pm

What annoys me as well with these own goals is that in both scenarios the defenders didn't expect the ball to reach them and it pretty much bounced off them and into the goal.
Exactly the same thing happened at the other end when we were trying to score from a corner and the ball sailed through various players bouncing off one of ours and rolling into touch.
Chamakh's chance for example in the last few seconds of the game.
People always seem to assume that the ball will never reach them without being intercepted.

I thought these players were taught to expect the ball to come to them and attack it in advance. If it gets intercepted they'll do an air shot but who cares?
RVP did it at least twice in the last two games.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:01 am

Pretty sure Kos was the "Last man standing" in defence when the Blackburn player [can't remember who and don't wanna be racist by naming the only two black players I know lol] knocked it, in his direction??

How the hell would he think the ball wouldn't reach him? No offence to you or him lol but he was about six feet away if that... I honestly feel in his defence he thought he was the 'other' side of the post so was knocking it out for a corner, because quite frankly if he didn't - Then the only other option is, he did it on purpose.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:20 am

If he was trying to turn it around the post,why would he try that so close to the post?

Surely he should have hooked/blasted/hoofed it back towards Olson and out for a corner,I have played center back for over 10 years and I have never scored an own goal even though I have been in that exact situation hundreds of times in the past.

Obviously Koscielny plays at a much higher level but in all fairness,its a basic art of defending to turn the ball around the post.It could even be called instinctive,I usually get rid of the danger without thinking about it..

I can't understand how professional players can make mistakes that are so stupid?
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:24 am

Just looking at it makes my throat tighten, every single time... I know it's "Blasphemy" to say one of our own players scored an OG on purpose but just the way he did it.

And the look after was like "Well that's [however much] in my bank account but I feel SO shitty".
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby The Goats Horn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:50 am

Koscielny didn't score on purpose,he just had a brain fart in the wrong place at the wrong time
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 am

If you look at our team from a non-bias perspective, you would say we no longer are a title contender side, are in direct competition with Liverpool and Spurs for Fourth, and have fallen off completely of our early 2000's glory. As a fan I'd like to be a little more opptomistic than that and will give the players time, but damn, results like this are really making me believe we are just above average.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby friedslice » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:31 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:Just looking at it makes my throat tighten, every single time... I know it's "Blasphemy" to say one of our own players scored an OG on purpose but just the way he did it.

And the look after was like "Well that's [however much] in my bank account but I feel SO shitty".

Why on earth would a footballer on 3 million a year + sponsorships ever need to take a bribe. He's just a shit defender.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2011-12