Arsenal vs QPR – Match Preview

Read the latest match report written by a Goonersworld member.

Arsenal vs QPR – Match Preview

Postby Trina » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 pm

The match preview threads will be locked, but feel free to comment on the blog.

Two back-to-back defeats for Arsenal, first at the hands of Norwich and more recently to Schalke in the Champions League has Gunners’ fans questioning their clubs credentials already this season.

Truth-be-told I can’t blame them. Losing two games on the bounce to two teams they should be beating is unacceptable, yet I can’t help but feel this is merely a blip in the Arsenal season, one to be expected in almost any season but still one that needs addressing. So I ask you, what’s a better place to relay some footballing dominance than at home to bottom of the table QPR?
No disrespect intended but Mark Hughes’ men have failed to pick up a win so far this season and should prove the perfect pick-me-up for Arsenal fans and players alike.

To get the 3 points they desperately need though Arsenal will need to do something they have failed to do in two games now – Score. For all their impressive possession and pass completion stats the Gunners have failed to create anything of note for 180 minutes. Arsenal will need to settle on the ball early and be clinical in front of goal; no wasted chance will go unnoticed by the fans as they demand the best from their side who need to get back to winning ways.

Make no mistake though; QPR will fight tooth and nail for a win at the Emirates on Saturday afternoon to relieve some pressure on Mark Hughes and their hard fought point against Everton last time out could prove to be the catalyst they needed.

Despite our current poor form I feel very confident. I actually feel we could go on a romp if we score an early goal and confidence is high. Maybe that is just the innocent optimistic child in me.

Score prediction: 4-0 Arsenal

Arsenal Team News:

Due some good news Gunners’ fans could be looking at the return of long-term absentee Bacary Sagna. I can’t see his starting but maybe if we are dominating he’ll get a welcome run out. This I’d expect would be the same with a certain Mr Wilshere who I can’t wait to see back in action.

One change I am almost begging to see is Thomas Vermaelen being moved to left-back with Koscielny slotting in at center-back. Santos doesn’t even deserve a place on the bench after his dismal display midweek.

I’d like to see Gervinho replaced but Walcott and Chamberlain are both not expected to make their return until Reading at the earliest.

Expected Arsenal Line-up:

Mannone, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla,Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud.

Match Facts:

The last time QPR won away at Arsenal was the famous day John Jensen scored his only goal for the Gunners, on December 31, 1994
After that victory over the Gunners, QPR beat Wimbledon in March 1995, but have since won none of their 12 top-flight London derbies away from home (D2 L10), including losing all four last season
Mark Hughes has lost all five of the Premier League games as coach away from home against Arsenal
Arsenal have won just one of their last six Premier League games at the Emirates (W1 D3 L2)
QPR have gone 20 Premier League games on the road without a clean sheet
Rangers have lost 14 and won none of their last 17 Premier League away games, picking up just three points from the last 51 on offer
The Gunners have conceded a league high 83 per cent of their goals in the first half of matches
QPR have shipped a league high four goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches
Arsenal have only allowed their opponents 25 shots on target against them this season, fewer than any other team
After facing a Norwich side looking for their first win of the season last week, Arsenal host QPR who are yet to win this campaign

http://thearsenalpost.co.uk/2012/10/26/ ... h-preview/
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Return to Arsenal Match Reports