Santos is a target of Galatasaray

Re: Santos is a target of Galatasaray

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I think we need to pay Galatasaray to take him after this performance.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby WelshGunner » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Still can't believe we spent 6.2 million on him.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
WelshGunner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Cannot defend eos. Get rid.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:57 am

Santos is a big mystery to me. Logically he couldn't be that bad. He has 22 caps for Brazil under two different coaches. But his performances has been awful so far.
Last edited by Fran Solo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 am

Fran Solo wrote:Santos is a big mystery to me. Logically he couldn't be that bad. He has 22 caps for Brazil under two different coaches. But is performances has been awful so far.

Do Brazil still cap players to enable them to get work permits in Europe?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:Santos is a big mystery to me. Logically he couldn't be that bad. He has 22 caps for Brazil under two different coaches. But is performances has been awful so far.

I've heard about that, but 22 times? Anyway, he never plays for Brazil again after he join Arsenal. And that makes sense. :arse fan:
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

I've heard about that, but 22 times? Anyway, he never plays for Brazil again after he join Arsenal. And that makes sense. :arse fan:

:lol:
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby prolific » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Arsenal defender Andre Santos defends swapping shirts with Robin van Persie
By Paulo Freitas. - Last Updated: December 4, 2012 12:53pm
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... van-Persie

Arsenal defender Andre Santos has revealed his close friendship with Manchester United striker Robin van Persie. The Brazilian swapped shirts with the Dutchman at half-time during the two teams' clash at Old Trafford in the Premier League last month. The gesture infuriated some Arsenal fans and Santos eventually publicly apologised to his team-mates and the supporters. However, the 29-year-old has now played down the incident and says that he is good friends with Van Persie. "We Brazilians are used to it," Santos told Globo Esporte. "For me, it will not change anything. Van Persie is a great friend. We talk weekly, he is an extraordinary guy. Whenever he sees a bad expression on my BBM (instant messenger), he supports me, speaks positive words."

Santos also played down talk of a departure from Arsenal despite his limited first-team appearances so far this season. "I received calls from interested clubs in Brazil, Turkey and Italy, but it's just speculation," he said. "Nobody handed me anything. The coach, who's also a manager, never said anything to me. I know he is very transparent and I am focused on staying at Arsenal, winning a title, doing well in the Champions League, and I have three more years of contract. I am happy here. I hope to play more and have more opportunities."

just go!
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:28 pm

prolific wrote:
Arsenal defender Andre Santos defends swapping shirts with Robin van Persie
By Paulo Freitas. - Last Updated: December 4, 2012 12:53pm
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... van-Persie

Arsenal defender Andre Santos has revealed his close friendship with Manchester United striker Robin van Persie. The Brazilian swapped shirts with the Dutchman at half-time during the two teams' clash at Old Trafford in the Premier League last month. The gesture infuriated some Arsenal fans and Santos eventually publicly apologised to his team-mates and the supporters. However, the 29-year-old has now played down the incident and says that he is good friends with Van Persie. "We Brazilians are used to it," Santos told Globo Esporte. "For me, it will not change anything. Van Persie is a great friend. We talk weekly, he is an extraordinary guy. Whenever he sees a bad expression on my BBM (instant messenger), he supports me, speaks positive words."

Santos also played down talk of a departure from Arsenal despite his limited first-team appearances so far this season. "I received calls from interested clubs in Brazil, Turkey and Italy, but it's just speculation," he said. "Nobody handed me anything. The coach, who's also a manager, never said anything to me. I know he is very transparent and I am focused on staying at Arsenal, winning a title, doing well in the Champions League, and I have three more years of contract. I am happy here. I hope to play more and have more opportunities."

just go!

Liar!! Van Persie handed you his shirt, did you forget that??? :angry: :angry:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Just f*ck off you pr*ck
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kyle? » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Don't understand all the hate. He's not a good player, but he's a bit of a card, and we haven't had one since Eboue. Our team is more sterile than a top secret laboratory, we need 1 character.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 pm

He's a very decent left winger, ahead of Arshavin, and a hell of a lot more confident with his final ball than Gervinho. He's a positive player, I want him to stay.... just nowhere near the LB position!!!!!!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Est83 wrote:He's a very decent left winger, ahead of Arshavin, and a hell of a lot more confident with his final ball than Gervinho. He's a positive player, I want him to stay.... just nowhere near the LB position!!!!!!!!

This is what I want as well. Just Wenger never will play him on the wing. When players should be played out of position Wenger doesn't play them there but when they shouldn't he does.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 am

:lol:

He's played there on a couple of occasions to be fair, and it won't be long before Meade permanently demotes Santos.

Santos came on as an a winger against the Scum and did well. If he finds himself in the corner with nowhere to go, he wont shit himself and go on full-on mental r***rd like Gervinho. He's got the composure and footwork to hold up play and do something more sensible.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:04 pm

A target of Galatasaray? What kind? As in coveting him or as in Copenhagen?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to On loan - 11. Andre Santos