Was there any point in this signing other than financial?

Re: Was there any point in this signing other than financial

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:14 am

Panic buy or not, he is a good striker who hasn't been given a fair chance. He is better than any other striker we have available other than Van Persie, so why not give him a chance?

We didn't even give him a chance when we were in 4 competitions.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 am

Park must have p!ssed wenger off. he never got a chance to prove himself. You cant compare him to chamakh who had plenty of chances
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 am

I am not ready to see the club waste one more year giving chance to somebody . Next year if we have any sort of title aspirations the first choice and first back-up should be proven and ready and not the kind on trial. Park did not get the chances for whatever reason i feel for him but he has to be sold. Same with Diaby . We cannot wait for him eternally to get fit only to be injured within no time. For me we should be cutting our losses with the deadwood and injury prone players who cannot get fit even if their life depended on it. We skimp for wages for top players at one end while are hapilly feeding the likes of Diaby, Almunia and co to munch popcorn on the sidelines/treatment table.

The following players must be sold.

Chamakh
Almunia
Squillaci
Diaby
Park
Bendtner
Vela
Denilson
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:00 pm

No point, when Henry was brought back in from being on loan you knew this signing was not working out.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:06 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Panic buy or not, he is a good striker who hasn't been given a fair chance. He is better than any other striker we have available other than Van Persie, so why not give him a chance?

I agree with you but if we didn't even give him a chance when we were in 4 comps there must be a reason why, and I suspect that the reason is that he has not impressed in training and like Chamakh he's just not good enough for this level.

If he is good enough then why didn't we give him a go?

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I am not ready to see the club waste one more year giving chance to somebody . Next year if we have any sort of title aspirations the first choice and first back-up should be proven and ready and not the kind on trial. Park did not get the chances for whatever reason i feel for him but he has to be sold. Same with Diaby . We cannot wait for him eternally to get fit only to be injured within no time. For me we should be cutting our losses with the deadwood and injury prone players who cannot get fit even if their life depended on it. We skimp for wages for top players at one end while are hapilly feeding the likes of Diaby, Almunia and co to munch popcorn on the sidelines/treatment table.

The following players must be sold.

Chamakh
Almunia
Squillaci
Diaby
Park
Bendtner
Vela
Denilson

+1

I can't be bothered to wait anymore, if a player has done f**k all over five months then it probably isn't going to happen.
Use the wages for Campbell or someone who can make an impact.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:13 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote: We cannot wait for him eternally to get fit only to be injured within no time. For me we should be cutting our losses with the deadwood and injury prone players who cannot get fit even if their life depended on it.

Were you calling for RvP's head last year then? :sneaky:

I don't agree with people that are referring to him as "deadwood" when he hasn't even been given a chance... Chamakh's been given chance after chance ahead of Park, and that's just f**king ludacris!!!!!

Still, you have to wonder why he hasn't been given a chance. Although I don't think any conclusion to that question will matter, he's a footballer who's got f**k-all minutes under his belt this season, he will almost certainly hand in a transfer request.

It'd be nice to have a few high scoring games. i.e. being 3-0 with 20 minutes to go, and then seeing the man come on.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:32 am

GunnGunn wrote:Panic buy or not, he is a good striker who hasn't been given a fair chance. He is better than any other striker we have available other than Van Persie, so why not give him a chance?

+1
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:35 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:

+1

+2 and no offence to retards but we have played fair few.Give the man a chance,and seven minutes here and there dont count.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:54 am

we should start him against Wigan just before the Chelsea game
Wigan at home is quite possibly the easiest fixture of the whole season, they are awful enough at home, and they're even worse on the road
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 am

I'd bet anyone here if he was given a run in the side, he would become a fan favourite in a few games. Tireless work ethic, great finisher and fast.

He needs a chance, and yes, i know that chances come few and far between with Van Persie in this form, but Van Persie can't play every game, its time for other players to step up, Chamakh has been given that chance countless times this season and f***ked it up.

If we are not going to start him, at least bring him on with 30 mins to go, take off a midfielder and play him up front alongside RvP.

All i am asking is a chance, not one 5 minute cameo, a proper chance.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:05 am

GunnGunn wrote:I'd bet anyone here if he was given a run in the side, he would become a fan favourite in a few games. Tireless work ethic, great finisher and fast.

He needs a chance, and yes, i know that chances come few and far between with Van Persie in this form, but Van Persie can't play every game, its time for other players to step up, Chamakh has been given that chance countless times this season and f***ked it up.

If we are not going to start him, at least bring him on with 30 mins to go, take off a midfielder and play him up front alongside RvP.

Most people agree that he needed to be given a proper opportunity to shine. But there must be a compelling reason as to why Wenger hasn't done than Gunn Gunn. I have nothing against Park . He cannot be worse than Chamakh but if the manager does not want to play him he has to be sold. Wenger bringing th14 back was a damning testament to the fact that Park simply has no confidence of the manager. For me if we are not using him he has to be sold as simple as that.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:15 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:I'd bet anyone here if he was given a run in the side, he would become a fan favourite in a few games. Tireless work ethic, great finisher and fast.

Most people agree that he needed to be given a proper opportunity to shine. But there must be a compelling reason as to why Wenger hasn't done than Gunn Gunn. I have nothing against Park . He cannot be worse than Chamakh but if the manager does not want to play him he has to be sold. Wenger bringing th14 back was a damning testament to the fact that Park simply has no confidence of the manager. For me if we are not using him he has to be sold as simple as that.

that reason could be because Wenger's just not a very good manager
he does a lot of really stupid stuff, and it wouldn't surprise me if Wenger's lost it so much that he thinks Chamakh is better than Park
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:23 am

Got say, it is mind boggling that he can't get a match ahead of Chamakh... he can't possible worse than him can he?

As long as RVP is healthy and banging in goals for fun though, it doesn't really matter all that much. Would be nice to have an option off the bench to change the tactics later in the match though when we're having a spot of trouble.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gzagee » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:18 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:we should start him against Wigan just before the Chelsea game
Wigan at home is quite possibly the easiest fixture of the whole season, they are awful enough at home, and they're even worse on the road

Start him against Wigan? You must be off your trolley. We want to win the game.

Park is a jaffa, mate, same as Chamkh (who must've had a vasectomy sometime around Decmeber 2010).
They both play like eunuchs.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:29 am

Arsenal flop Park targeted by Belgian side Anderlecht

Anderlecht want Arsenal striker Park Chu-young, who was demoted to the reserves after scoring one goal in six appearances.

Arsenal are expected to listen to offers for the striker in the summer with Fulham and Monaco also interested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Spurs.html
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Park Chu-young