Was there any point in this signing other than financial?

Re: Was there any point in this signing other than financial

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:53 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:we should start him against Wigan just before the Chelsea game
Wigan at home is quite possibly the easiest fixture of the whole season, they are awful enough at home, and they're even worse on the road

They drew with Liverpool and Chelsea in the space of 4-5 days.

You can't go into these games underestimating them.

I feel Parks season is over now unless there is nobody else left at all. He should of been used earlier on when you were looking shit.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby arsenalyank » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:00 pm

I could see us using him is we were still in a few competitions. Now that we're only in one, and we will hardly ever play more than one game a week, we need to be putting out our strongest side every game, regardless if it's Chelsea, or QPR. I'm not expecting him to get any time at all for the rest of the season
arsenalyank
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:20 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:we should start him against Wigan just before the Chelsea game
Wigan at home is quite possibly the easiest fixture of the whole season, they are awful enough at home, and they're even worse on the road

They drew with Liverpool and Chelsea in the space of 4-5 days.

You can't go into these games underestimating them.

I feel Parks season is over now unless there is nobody else left at all. He should of been used earlier on when you were looking shit.

yes, and they were both at Wigan, our game against them isn't
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Herrpoja » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:39 am

South Korea has allowed the Arsenal striker Park Chu-young to delay his compulsory military service for 10 years.

South Korea's Military Manpower Administration said on Friday that Park's 10-year residency visa from Monaco means he can put off his service until 2022.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ry-service

also think he was a panic buy for worst case scenarios
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby VCC » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:41 am

gzagee wrote:

Start him against Wigan? You must be off your trolley. We want to win the game.

Park is a jaffa, mate, same as Chamkh (who must've had a vasectomy sometime around Decmeber 2010).
They both play like eunuchs.

This has to make the quote of the week,well done Gzagee. :rofll: :rofll:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Park is Jaffa?

Because he's been given the time of day to show he's Jaffa? And in fact when playing games he hasn't been bought on in the 88th minute of; he's done exceptional for us. Reserve or not.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:07 pm

According to a blog, we knew 2 days before Park signed that he was able to delay his military service by 10 years as he gained permanent residency in Monaco.

Its also come to light that he didn't actually cost £3.5m, he will cost us £6.5m as we have to pay for his postponement. Finally, according to said blog, the deal has only officially been sealed.

No idea what is going on but it might explain why AW has been reluctant to play him much. Either way, there is deiniftely something more to this than simply not being good enough, AW always gives signings a fair chance and Park has been quite impressive in the games he has started.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

GunnGunn wrote:According to a blog, we knew 2 days before Park signed that he was able to delay his military service by 10 years as he gained permanent residency in Monaco.

Its also come to light that he didn't actually cost £3.5m, he will cost us £6.5m as we have to pay for his postponement. Finally, according to said blog, the deal has only officially been sealed.

No idea what is going on but it might explain why AW has been reluctant to play him much. Either way, there is deiniftely something more to this than simply not being good enough, AW always gives signings a fair chance and Park has been quite impressive in the games he has started.

There doesn't have to be anything weird going on all the same. Van Persie is our captain and best player, Wenger wants him on the field as long as possible. Therefore, Park would need to come in on the wing, and why play him when we can bring on Chamberlain or Benayoun. He isn't playing I'm almost sure of it because in training he has probably not made a case to be played. Not that he has been poor, but I'm saying he most likely hasn't done anything to convince Wenger to bring him on in front of other players.

Campbell will knock him out of the lineup anyway so we should just sell him along with Chamakh, Vela and Bendtner and strengthen from the combined cash being spent on two impact squad players or one class winger.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 pm

When Wenger got Henry during ACON , it was a dead give away that Wenger has no faith in the lad. I feel for him but if he does not enjoy the confidence of the manager he has to be sold cos i can see Campbell being ahead of him in the pecking order as well.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby FrustratedGooner » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:11 pm

saw a random facebook update that we are planning on loaning him out for the rest of the season?>
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm

mg86 wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:According to a blog, we knew 2 days before Park signed that he was able to delay his military service by 10 years as he gained permanent residency in Monaco.

There doesn't have to be anything weird going on all the same. Van Persie is our captain and best player, Wenger wants him on the field as long as possible. Therefore, Park would need to come in on the wing, and why play him when we can bring on Chamberlain or Benayoun. He isn't playing I'm almost sure of it because in training he has probably not made a case to be played. Not that he has been poor, but I'm saying he most likely hasn't done anything to convince Wenger to bring him on in front of other players.

Campbell will knock him out of the lineup anyway so we should just sell him along with Chamakh, Vela and Bendtner and strengthen from the combined cash being spent on two impact squad players or one class winger.
mg you misseg GG point i think,AW plays park ahead of chamak who would do that in there right mind if there was no need to ?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:26 am

I think it'll be another season before we see Campbell involved in the first team. No point ranking him alongside bench players.

GG, can you post this blog you read?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:45 am

They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mel4 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:25 am

What surprises me is that Park keeps scoring for reserves when he plays and carling cup. And in those games, he played with Charmakh, who still flunks chance upon chance. Park even scored in a behind closed doors friendly today, YET charmakh still makes the bench ahead of Park.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 am

mel4 wrote:What surprises me is that Park keeps scoring for reserves when he plays and carling cup. And in those games, he played with Charmakh, who still flunks chance upon chance. Park even scored in a behind closed doors friendly today, YET charmakh still makes the bench ahead of Park.

why so suprised AW does not really ever pick on form.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Park Chu-young