Chu does it again

Re: Chu does it again

Postby gzagee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Doesn't matter if we play there or not, Park is like Royalty there, Park playing for Arsenal = Potential fans = Potential revenue.

His cousin Park has generated a silly amount for Man Utd and he doesn't exactly average a lot of games a season...

Thing about Chu though is he is actually a very good striker with a bloody good engine, who just so happens to be in some good goalscoring form.

At the very least, i would have expected a sub appearence in the league, then again, maybe AW so scared of changing things and us doing even worse, that he doesn't want to give him a run out...

Time for AW to grow a pair me thinks.

As far as I'm concerned the key is playing Chu-Chu. If we don't play him exposure in his country will peak for a minute and tail off, despite his "Royal" status (we've seen this "royalty" lark before with Vela. I'd wager we no longer make as much money from Mexicans as we did initially [if at all we did....]).
Certainly not enough reason to buy him for commercial reasons. Don't presume the Far East fans are senseless. They understand consumerism better than most.
Ji Sung Park may not play that much BUT, he plays in crucial games. That's what his signing a commercial success in that part of the world. If indeed they needed it at all....

Anyways, I'm sure we'll see him before too long.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:03 pm

I agree with the above.

I've seen Park from his Monaco days and i think in our system he could potentially be very prolific, he is a striker who has so many roundabout attributes its hard to say what he is actually best at.

I hope we see him soon, i have a feeling we may see him against Sunderland after this run of form.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 am

GunnGunn wrote:
starmandb wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:I litreally havn't seen anything of this guy but I dont understand why Wenger wont use him, instead persisting with Chamakh. I mean lets be honest, Chamakh hasn't given us anything in the past 6 months yet he continues to get game.

What worries me is this whole national service this in 18 months!

he scored at blackburn

And we lost.

You can pull out as many statistics as you want but Chamakh for most part has been a poor buy, and thats taking into account the fact he was free.

God help what people would be like if we actually paid real money for him.

he gave us something.we have won the league on goal difference twice,
every minute and goal in every game matter
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby gzagee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:36 pm

gzagee wrote:His time will come.
Although I'm not getting all warm n fuzzy watching him put the likes of UAE to the sword...

:thumbsup: :arse fan:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby starmandb » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 pm

scored in the 90th minute today in a 2-0 win for south korea in the uae
was also given a yellow card
starmandb

Previous