Park Chu-Young

Re: Park Chu-Young

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Trina wrote:If he has signed and has completed all his medical, why isn't it announced?

It could be as simple as the fact that it's bank holiday Monday. I'm sure it'll be announced tomorrow, to the huge delight of the fans.
:rolleyes:

Or maybe its because they want to unveil him with Alex,Cahill,Hazard and Messi :sneaky2:

That would be nice. More likely that the club photographer is not working today or something.

Wenger probably sold the secretary that updates the website to City for like 5 million.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby The Goats Horn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
That would be nice. More likely that the club photographer is not working today or something.

Probably off until September

"Well we looked hard for super quality but when we found them our photographer was on holiday, so we didn't bother signing them"

:doh:
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:32 pm

He left his bus pass at the hotel in Lille and has to go back to collect it?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby tkmullan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:16 pm

Gs1981 wrote:Really don't want this guy, but considering we are relegation fodder now and worse than teams like Fulham, he will fit right in.

Oh come on, there's no way we're relegation fodder, and we're not worse than Fulham. I know we're in a bad position, but be a bit realistic for fucks sake.

I don't pay much attention to French football, but from people who do (including a couple in this thread I think) I've heard good reports about this guy. Has the potential to be a decent buy and replace Bendtner.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 pm

This done yet?
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Trina wrote:If he has signed and has completed all his medical, why isn't it announced?

It could be as simple as the fact that it's bank holiday Monday. I'm sure it'll be announced tomorrow, to the huge delight of the fans.
:rolleyes:

arsenal.com is the slowest site ever! so just be patience ;)

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Deano » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:28 pm

All i know is he needs to be a good player or we will be well short in that position as well as most others !!!
Deano
Liam Brady

Park Chu-Young

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:31 pm

emkay wrote:
Gs1981 wrote:Really don't want this guy, but considering we are relegation fodder now and worse than teams like Fulham, he will fit right in.

Oh come on, there's no way we're relegation fodder, and we're not worse than Fulham. I know we're in a bad position, but be a bit realistic for fucks sake.

I don't pay much attention to French football, but from people who do (including a couple in this thread I think) I've heard good reports about this guy. Has the potential to be a decent buy and replace Bendtner.

I'd rather we kept nik and played him in his proper position!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:48 pm

However good this guy allegedly is, he's back up, he's replacement for Bendtner so basically he's not what we want.
We need a top class player who can actually REPLACE RVP when he's injured or play alongside him when he's not.
We already have plenty of back up.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:49 pm

What's the fee supposed to be?
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Deano » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm

who is the "plenty of back up " he signed one striker and i dont think he got his visa
Deano
Liam Brady

Postby Massa » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:30 pm

He left his Oyster card in France so can't pose for any pictures
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Est83 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Inchpractice wrote:That would be nice. More likely that the club photographer is not working today or something.

Wenger didn't want to pay time and a half! :lol:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby liam_cork » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:44 am

'I won't regret joining Arsenal' - South Korea captain Park Chu-Young to complete £3m move with backing of national team manager
The forward completed the second part of his medical with the Gunners on Sunday and is set to join the club on Monday for an initial fee believed to be in the region of £3 million

Park passed the second part of his medical at Arsenal's London Colney training ground on Sunday and has agreed personal terms after the Premier League club dramatically stole him from under the noses of French champions Lille on Saturday morning.

The 26-year-old striker arrived at Incheon Airport in Seoul at 07:15 UK time on Monday to prepare for South Korea's World Cup qualifier against Kuwait on Tuesday week and told reporters: "I had to make a decision between Arsenal and Lille. And the decision had to be what I want and won't regret."

Park's move to Arsenal, which will cost an initial fee of around £3 million, has been endorsed by Cho Kwang Rae, the national team manager.

He said: "He [Park] will playing many games in the EPL, he will be able to grow into a better player. It might be helpful for the national team."

It is understood that Arsenal made bigger fee and contract offers than Lille, which was enough to seal the transfer. Park did not show for the second part of his medical on Saturday morning after undergoing the first part on Friday afternoon. Lille officials discovered that his hotel room was empty, with not a word about where he had gone, and tracked him down at the Eurostar terminal, where Park told them he was heading for London to sign for Arsenal.

Park's u-turn has left a sour taste at the French club, who had fully expected to unveil him at the weekend after all but finalising the player's move back to Ligue 1 from Ligue 2, where Monaco were relegated last season.

How long Park will be at Arsenal is unclear, as all able-bodied men in South Korea must begin military service for the country's armed forces before the age of 28. Unless the darling of the national team is excused service, he will have to leave Arsenal in 2013.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... chu-young-
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 am

liam_cork wrote:'I won't regret joining Arsenal' - South Korea captain Park Chu-Young to complete £3m move with backing of national team manager
The forward completed the second part of his medical with the Gunners on Sunday and is set to join the club on Monday for an initial fee believed to be in the region of £3 million

Park passed the second part of his medical at Arsenal's London Colney training ground on Sunday and has agreed personal terms after the Premier League club dramatically stole him from under the noses of French champions Lille on Saturday morning.

The 26-year-old striker arrived at Incheon Airport in Seoul at 07:15 UK time on Monday to prepare for South Korea's World Cup qualifier against Kuwait on Tuesday week and told reporters: "I had to make a decision between Arsenal and Lille. And the decision had to be what I want and won't regret."

Park's move to Arsenal, which will cost an initial fee of around £3 million, has been endorsed by Cho Kwang Rae, the national team manager.

He said: "He [Park] will playing many games in the EPL, he will be able to grow into a better player. It might be helpful for the national team."

It is understood that Arsenal made bigger fee and contract offers than Lille, which was enough to seal the transfer. Park did not show for the second part of his medical on Saturday morning after undergoing the first part on Friday afternoon. Lille officials discovered that his hotel room was empty, with not a word about where he had gone, and tracked him down at the Eurostar terminal, where Park told them he was heading for London to sign for Arsenal.

Park's u-turn has left a sour taste at the French club, who had fully expected to unveil him at the weekend after all but finalising the player's move back to Ligue 1 from Ligue 2, where Monaco were relegated last season.

How long Park will be at Arsenal is unclear, as all able-bodied men in South Korea must begin military service for the country's armed forces before the age of 28. Unless the darling of the national team is excused service, he will have to leave Arsenal in 2013.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... chu-young-

:think:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Park Chu-young