Park Chu-Young

Re: Park Chu-Young

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:37 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Trina wrote:So apparantly he was on his way to Arsenal, Wouldnt be suprised if he saw the result and went back to take the rest of his medical with Lille!

:rofll:

Hopefully he'll take Djourou with him

+1 to all of this
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
Est83 wrote:

Never thought I'd say this, but... a few years ago when I used to be bang on pro-evo, I used to buy this guy all the time and he would always turn out to be one of the best strikers. :hiding:

Park Chu Young means PES to me. I had him and Schwarz as my front 2 for years in both my masters leagues. I think they may have overestimated his progression back then though :lol:

OMG! Like you two i brought this guy on PES for my Master League and he was great for me also.

Must be a pro evo thing :dontknow:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Re: Park Chu-Young

Postby Leody » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:37 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:
Est83 wrote:

Never thought I'd say this, but... a few years ago when I used to be bang on pro-evo, I used to buy this guy all the time and he would always turn out to be one of the best strikers. :hiding:

Park Chu Young means PES to me. I had him and Schwarz as my front 2 for years in both my masters leagues. I think they may have overestimated his progression back then though :lol:

OMG! Like you two i brought this guy on PES for my Master League and he was great for me also.

Must be a pro evo thing :dontknow:

De Jong and Jao Moutino were always BEAST for me in PES.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Lille must be so pissed off with us! not only do we sign one of their best players, and go after another in Hazard but we now steel potential signings right in the middle of a deal they made with Monaco? lol!
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby IMF » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Who fuckin cares?? We need someone better than this guy.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Better than nothing, and if his work rate is anything like utds Park, then it has to be a good thing, even if he turns out to be a squad player, surely better than Chamakh??
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:45 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Better than nothing, and if his work rate is anything like utds Park, then it has to be a good thing, even if he turns out to be a squad player, surely better than Chamakh??

And Bendtner...
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Trina » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:38 pm

We keep talking like we have signed him, but since he did the vanishing act there has been no more news about this :dontknow:
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby The Goats Horn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Trina wrote:We keep talking like we have signed him, but since he did the vanishing act there has been no more news about this :dontknow:

That's because he's vanished again after Yesterday ;)
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Henry_Fin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Park is at South Korea. Already signed.
Henry_Fin
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 pm

He's been and gone! flown back out for Korea's world cup qualifier

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... chu-young-
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Trina » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Lee71*98*02 wrote:He's been and gone! flown back out for Korea's world cup qualifier

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... chu-young-

Park passed the second part of his medical at Arsenal's London Colney training ground on Sunday and has agreed personal terms after the Premier League club dramatically stole him from under the noses of French champions Lille on Saturday morning.

The 26-year-old striker arrived at Incheon Airport in Seoul at 07:15 UK time on Monday to prepare for South Korea's World Cup qualifier against Kuwait on Tuesday week and told reporters: "I had to make a decision between Arsenal and Lille. And the decision had to be what I want and won't regret."

Park's move to Arsenal, which will cost an initial fee of around £3 million, has been endorsed by Cho Kwang Rae, the national team manager.

He said: "He [Park] will playing many games in the EPL, he will be able to grow into a better player. It might be helpful for the national team."

It is understood that Arsenal made bigger fee and contract offers than Lille, which was enough to seal the transfer. Park did not show for the second part of his medical on Saturday morning after undergoing the first part on Friday afternoon. Lille officials discovered that his hotel room was empty, with not a word about where he had gone, and tracked him down at the Eurostar terminal, where Park told them he was heading for London to sign for Arsenal.

Park's u-turn has left a sour taste at the French club, who had fully expected to unveil him at the weekend after all but finalising the player's move back to Ligue 1 from Ligue 2, where Monaco were relegated last season.

How long Park will be at Arsenal is unclear, as all able-bodied men in South Korea must begin military service for the country's armed forces before the age of 28. Unless the darling of the national team is excused service, he will have to leave Arsenal in 2013.

If he has signed and has completed all his medical, why isn't it announced?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Trina wrote:If he has signed and has completed all his medical, why isn't it announced?

It could be as simple as the fact that it's bank holiday Monday. I'm sure it'll be announced tomorrow, to the huge delight of the fans.
:rolleyes:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Trina wrote:If he has signed and has completed all his medical, why isn't it announced?

It could be as simple as the fact that it's bank holiday Monday. I'm sure it'll be announced tomorrow, to the huge delight of the fans.

Or maybe its because they want to unveil him with Alex,Cahill,Hazard and Messi :sneaky2:
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:30 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Or maybe its because they want to unveil him with Alex,Cahill,Hazard and Messi :sneaky2:

That would be nice. More likely that the club photographer is not working today or something.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Park Chu-young