Arsenal vs Barcelona 16/2/11 chat thread

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona 16/2/11 chat thread

Postby Leody » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:It gets a bit deep though. What is the difference between an off form Liverpool and an on form Wolves for example. How deep should we go for a few ratings :lol:

Exactly.

And I believe I'm more even keeled than most people. Sure I'm excited about the win tonight and everybody played great, but I'm not thinking that what I saw was the greatest display of football that man has ever seen. That's probably why my ratings are a bit lower, because to me they're more realistic.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh on Wilshere, because he probably was our best player... a case could be made for Sneezy, but I probably shouldn't have rated RVP higher.

RVP did have a ridiculous finish though, that I believe was 100% intentional. And had he gotten a bit more support and better supply I feel he would have done much more.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Leody wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:It gets a bit deep though. What is the difference between an off form Liverpool and an on form Wolves for example. How deep should we go for a few ratings :lol:

Exactly.

And I believe I'm more even keeled than most people. Sure I'm excited about the win tonight and everybody played great, but I'm not thinking that what I saw was the greatest display of football that man has ever seen. That's probably why my ratings are a bit lower, because to me they're more realistic.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh on Wilshere, because he probably was our best player... a case could be made for Sneezy, but I probably shouldn't have rated RVP higher.

RVP did have a ridiculous finish though, that I believe was 100% intentional. And had he gotten a bit more support and better supply I feel he would have done much more.

True. The possiblities are endless.

Do we take the player's age into consideration ie would Wilshire get more points for turning in a performance like that at 19 than say a seasoned vet?

Would the degree of difficulty of RvPs finish influence his score over the whole match as oppose to him having stuck a pen away?

Would you rate solely on stats alone (completed passes, bookings etc)?

Does personal bias come into it (EVERYONE has their favourites who they will give alowances to)?

Its too deep for right now, we just dealt with Barca!!!

Come on you Gunnnnnneeeerrrrss :arsenal3:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:36 am

Just as a bit of comparison... here are my ratings next to Sky's.

(sky rating)

Szchezny: 8 (7)
Eboue: 7 (8)
Djourou: 7 (7)
Koscielny: 8 (8)
Clichy: 7 (7)
Song: 7 (7)
Fabregas: 5.5 (7)
Wilshere: 7.5 (8)
Walcott: 7 (7)
Nasri: 7 (8)
RVP: 8 (8)

Arshavin: 8 (7)
Bendtner: 7 (6)

Perhaps my expectations are a bit high for Cesc, but he gave the ball away far too often for my liking. Apart from that, I was really close to what Sky thought. :dontknow:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:41 am

:hail: Jack!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:02 am

Leody wrote:Just as a bit of comparison... here are my ratings next to Sky's.

(sky rating)

Szchezny: 8 (7)
Eboue: 7 (8)
Djourou: 7 (7)
Koscielny: 8 (8)
Clichy: 7 (7)
Song: 7 (7)
Fabregas: 5.5 (7)
Wilshere: 7.5 (8)
Walcott: 7 (7)
Nasri: 7 (8)
RVP: 8 (8)

Arshavin: 8 (7)
Bendtner: 7 (6)

Perhaps my expectations are a bit high for Cesc, but he gave the ball away far too often for my liking. Apart from that, I was really close to what Sky thought. :dontknow:

Sky got that wrong imo.
Giving Shezza a 7 is stingy when you think of the number of times he saved our arses. If the best player in the world can't beat you, you must be f***ing f***ing good.
Clichy also deserves a good score because his assist for RVP's goal was absolutely inch perfect! What a ball, and from a LB!

Koscielny, Jack and Shezza stood out for me but you only beat Barca with a complete team performance so they all deserve huge credit.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby AZGooner » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:08 am

holy crap. what a game. me and my crew (the Arizona Gooners were going crazy). what a result!
AZGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to Player of the Season 2010/11