Salary Cap/Wage Cap

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Salary Cap/Wage Cap

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Leody wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Leody wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:I don't see Chelsea having any problems if Romen leaves. I think their income covers the wage structure. It will be different for City though, I hope there is something in place in the takeover deal if he ever decides he got bored.

I can just imagine us signing Gerrard on a 5 year deal paying him 500k a week, he fucks off after 2 years and we'll be bankrupt by Christmas :lol:

I kinda doubt this new group is crazy enough to pay anybody 500k a week. :lol:

Never know though...

I know it's just Newspapers but that's what they're saying over here that he is saying he will pay that for Gerrard and Essien.

I need some of what that guy's smoking...

Seriously...

What paper is that in? Surely that can't be real. This guy is on some SERIOUSLY wacky shit.

He's seriously that rich to not notice it.

If he leaves us in the shit though, it's an example of where salary caps can save clubs from ending up in these situations instead of using it to try even things out.

I'm off to the pub, I'll continue this later. :D

I would do very naughty things for 500k a week, cause the would convert to a million a week in dollars, and that would be about $52 mil a year. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I would do very naughty things for 500k a week, cause the would convert to a million a week in dollars, and that would be about $52 mil a year. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the bar with a friend last Thursday and I'll quote him on this one.

"I would kill everybody in this bar to have sex with Jessica Biel and not even think twice... and I like you guys"

I would do the same for £500k a week.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I would do very naughty things for 500k a week, cause the would convert to a million a week in dollars, and that would be about $52 mil a year. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the bar with a friend last Thursday and I'll quote him on this one.

"I would kill everybody in this bar to have sex with Jessica Biel and not even think twice... and I like you guys"

I would do the same for £500k a week.

Hmmm................so you're saying you like me? :cheerleader: :smartass:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabby » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:31 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:I don't see Chelsea having any problems if Romen leaves. I think their income covers the wage structure. It will be different for City though, I hope there is something in place in the takeover deal if he ever decides he got bored.

I can just imagine us signing Gerrard on a 5 year deal paying him 500k a week, he fucks off after 2 years and we'll be bankrupt by Christmas :lol:

HOW?!? You think if Roman leaves they will be ok? They aren't going to replace him with someone of equeal expense, before Citehs new owners came along Roman was in a financial league of his own. Before Roman, Chelsea were considering a £6m bid for Joe Cole and considered it huge business. Since hes been there they piss £20 or £30 million on anyone they fancy.

If Roman leaves, Chelsea are f***ked to put it plainly, all the debt repayments and players wages will cripple them.They rely on that Rich Russian, we dont rely on anyone which is why when people talk about all this 'success' they've had, im less worried about that than o-zone layer when i get in my car.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fordy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Fabbyulous wrote:

HOW?!? You think if Roman leaves they will be ok? They aren't going to replace him with someone of equeal expense, before Citehs new owners came along Roman was in a financial league of his own. Before Roman, Chelsea were considering a £6m bid for Joe Cole and considered it huge business. Since hes been there they piss £20 or £30 million on anyone they fancy.

If Roman leaves, Chelsea are f***ked to put it plainly, all the debt repayments and players wages will cripple them.They rely on that Rich Russian, we dont rely on anyone which is why when people talk about all this 'success' they've had, im less worried about that than o-zone layer when i get in my car.

when he bought chelsea they were a nothing club with little income now they are a major premier league team and there income will have doubled.

Im pretty sure they would be ok with out him now, they might have a big wage bill but it is no bigger than man utd's and if he left they would be debt free so in theory they will still better be off than man utd and still have spending power.
Fordy

who thinks its time for a salary cap?

Postby gooner90 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:35 am

does anyone else think that football needs a salary cap in place I know its hard becuase theres so many leagues but some of the salaries are going overboard and teams like man city and chelsea are allowed to just go and spend ridiculous aounts of money for players, im not targeting them 2 teams its an example as it could happen with any club

If there was a salary cap in place maybe some players may see a more loyal approac to their team and club as at the moment they can winge about wanting more money until they get it or bugger off

I cant really see it happening myself but anyone else think this would be pretty useful in todays game?

I guess t would also mean clubs not struggling so much going into alot of debt or administration
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: who thinks its time for a salary cap?

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:55 am

It's been 'time for a salary cap' for years. I wish we had a system like the NFL, but it just wouldn't work unless it was worldwide
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:38 am

it would be very useful, but it would be very hard for the modern game to have one.

It's nice (in the NRL) that they have salary caps so the top 8 are different every year, we don't know who's going to do well. (Apart from the consistent performers).

It would be very difficult for the big 4 to initiate this
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Git » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:01 am

CynicalGooner wrote:It's been 'time for a salary cap' for years. I wish we had a system like the NFL, but it just wouldn't work unless it was worldwide

All there is to it really.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gzagee » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:29 am

Bindun.

Merged.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008