Is Eurovision pointless?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Is Eurovision pointless?

Postby Trina » Mon May 14, 2007 10:02 am

Should the format be changed as western countries obviously have no chance of getting votes.

It doesnt go on the talent of the act anymore.

By the way I am not saying our act was any good :lol:
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 14, 2007 11:58 am

You still have to have a good act to win it. You can't really say a Western Country won't win it cos I guess Finland counts as that? And they won it last year. Over the 90's Western Europe dominated it.

There is still political voting which is blatently obvious but there isn't many who give max points for crap songs though (Like Malta giving us 12 points? WTF).
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon May 14, 2007 12:54 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:You still have to have a good act to win it. You can't really say a Western Country won't win it cos I guess Finland counts as that? And they won it last year. Over the 90's Western Europe dominated it.

There is still political voting which is blatently obvious but there isn't many who give max points for crap songs though (Like Malta giving us 12 points? WTF).

Damn right i agree 100% there, you can guarantee the scandinavians will vote for eachother as well as the Baltics ect ect ect.

I didnt watch it, cant stand the programme although i have seen Scooch trying to plug their act on other tv shows....what an embarrasment to the UK! :roll:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fee » Mon May 14, 2007 2:11 pm

unfortunately I watched some of it - about the first half hour and then the last half hour

have to be honest and say that I nearly pissed myself laughing at the Irish entry cos it was nearly as awful as the UK one, which was dreadful and embarrassing! :P

but then again, the one that actually won it was pretty shite as well :?
Fee
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ken day » Tue May 15, 2007 4:07 pm

Watched the scoring, what a joke, and what a joke the UK entry was
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby whee » Wed May 16, 2007 4:01 pm

I had a quiet night in on Saturday, just playing guitar and drinking beer, then noticed Eurovision was on, didn't think it was on for another couple of months?

So I watched it, the whole shebang. Every song, every single last song, was f***ing shite.

The blonde tart at the end interviewing the singers, was a bint, and i'd have liked to shoot her in the face......with some baby gravy, and thena f***ing bullet.

Terry Wogan made my Saturday night complete, funny, funny bastard.

The voting was comedy, I was hoping we'd end up with zilch, one because our act was wank, and 2, because f**k everyone else. If they don't like us, they can jog on. We could have had anyone performing that night and we'd have ended up near the bottom of the pile.

What does bug me, is how the UK continue to pile money into the shite, to keep it going. If we pulled out our funds, it wouldn't survive.

It's a simple choice really.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rvtheace » Wed May 16, 2007 5:12 pm

Well, it made Abba famous... that's all I know aboot it.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby sithlordwebb72 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:59 pm

TBF i do quite like Eurovision, but it has got stupid over the last few years! i mean its nothin to do with the song, its who likes who!

I think that the Italians had the right idea, not bothering to enter. It should be al about cheesy music but it has got abit stupid! I think we should not bother entering next year and see what happens without our Money! See if easern europe can afford to even run it. That should sort out this ridiculous voting!
sithlordwebb72
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Return to The Big Debate