Madeleine McCann

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Madeleine McCann

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat May 05, 2007 4:20 pm

Sniffer dogs have been brought in to help search for a three-year-old from Britain who may have been abducted on holiday with her family in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann's parents, from Leicestershire, were at a restaurant near the Mark Warner Ocean Summer Club in Praia da Luz when she went missing.

Kate and Gerry McCann returned at about 2145 GMT to find an empty bed and the apartment door and window wide open.

The apartment has been cordoned off and local people are helping with a search.

'Devoted family'

Gill Renwick, a friend of the family, said Madeleine's parents - both doctors - had been having a meal in a tapas restaurant a few hundred yards from the apartment and had been checking on the little girl and her younger brother and sister (two-year-old twins) every half hour.

"They're a devoted family and love their children to bits. They live for their children."

Madeleine was reported missing at about 2200 BST on Thursday and tourists joined the police in an all-night search.

McCann family
The McCann family had been holidaying with a larger group

Her aunt Trish Cameron, who lives in Glasgow, said she felt certain her niece had been abducted.

"They last checked at half past nine and they were all sound asleep, sleeping, windows shut, shutters shut.

"Kate went back at 10 o'clock to check. The front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it and Madeleine was missing...

"She's an absolutely beautiful, wee blonde girl, blue-green eyes - one distinguishing feature is that one of her pupils runs into the iris of her right eyes. She's an absolutely gorgeous wee girl."

She added: "We feel that what's been going on in Portugal has been ineffectual.

"My brother and sister-in-law are absolutely distraught."

But the manager of the Mark Warner resort in Portugal, John Hill, said about 60 staff and guests at the complex had searched until 0430 GMT while police notified border police, Spanish police and airports.

Officers sealed off the area of the apartment for forensic checks and extra police teams were brought in from Lisbon.

'Sensitive case'

"As you can imagine Madeleine's parents are distraught and not doing very well at all," Mr Hill said.

"It's still questionable as to whether it's abduction," he said.

"We are hoping that Madeleine is found as soon as possible and safe and well."

Map of Praia da Luz

The holiday firm has offered to fly other family members out to the resort.

A spokeswoman from the Portuguese police said they were being careful with the information being released.

"It is a sensitive case, it involves a child and we cannot give more information for now."

The British Embassy confirmed it had been informed about the toddler's disappearance.

The family was on holiday with a group of nine adults and eight children.

The toddler's father is a consultant cardiologist at Leicester's Glenfield Hospital.

Doug Skehan, another consultant cardiologist there, said: "(Dr McGann) is a popular hard working colleague, for whom we have great affection.

"The mood in the hospital is one of great concern and we hope that Kate and Gerry will have their daughter back very soon."

I sincerely hope that the little girl is found safe & well, as unlikely as it is seeming to look right now, my worse fear for her is that she has been kidnapped by paedophiles. Poor child must be petrified. :cry:
I do feel for the parents but had they taken the little girl & twins with them none of this would have happened, they have been extremely irresponsible & selfish imho, These people are meant to be health proffessionals, had they done that in the UK then socail services would have been right on their backs, i mean the little girl is ONLY 3yrs old FFS!
As well as leaving 2yr old twins! its shocking behaviour!

Who in their f***ing right mind would leave 3 children all under the age of 3yrs alone in an apartment??? NO matter how often you check them it only takes a few minutes!

Its an extremely hard lesson to learn, im really angry with the parents for their stupidity, but my thoughts are still with them & the rest of the family.

When we go away the kids are with us at all times, i wouldnt dream of letting them go off on their own, let alone leave them in the apartment while we went out, i dont even trust the babysitting service most places offer, nor kids clubs. If it means coming home early of an evening then so be it. My kids safety comes before our own pleasure.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fee » Sun May 06, 2007 11:11 am

what the f**k were they doing leaving the kids in the apartment on their own? selfish bastards!
Fee
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rvtheace » Sun May 06, 2007 5:35 pm

Really stupid behaviour. Let's just hope that is all end's well.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby whee » Sun May 06, 2007 9:00 pm

Just heard police believe she's still alive and within 5km of the hotel.

Wishful thinking, I reckon.

Usually these kids go missing, and then they're lying on a table in the morgue in 2 months time.

Some bloke in his mid 40's will be responsible, he'll have just split fomr his short term girlfriend, the one he'd left his wife for, and now innocent people have to pay for his pain and suffering. Another one of society's complete shit heads.

But she might be ok too.

Still, fingers crossed for this one eh.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rvtheace » Mon May 07, 2007 4:31 am

Seems to me the abduction was planned... they watched for the window when the parents wouldn't be around. So it probably is not something done by maniacs. I hope.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ken day » Wed May 09, 2007 5:08 pm

The parents were both doctors, TOSSERS
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby whee » Sat May 12, 2007 3:53 pm

ken day wrote:The parents were both doctors, TOSSERS

I don't think they need us to tell them that. I think they're going to be blaming themselves for the rest of their lives.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Sun May 13, 2007 7:17 pm

whee wrote:
ken day wrote:The parents were both doctors, TOSSERS

I don't think they need us to tell them that. I think they're going to be blaming themselves for the rest of their lives.

I agree, as stupid as they were they will have to live with it.
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby barca2-1 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:32 pm

this makes me feel sick, my little girls about the same age and also called madi that poor poor little girl.
eat me
barca2-1
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby whee » Sat May 26, 2007 3:17 pm

I think people need to remember that this isn't the first little child to be abducted from her bed either.

There's a lot of sick f***ers out there.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ozgooner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:40 am

it has been reported here in oz a few days ago that a cup and straw has been tested for madelines dna after a little girl matchin her description was sighted . i can't remember where and have not heard anymore about the cup and straw . i sincerely hope it was hers , because that at least means she is alive . what is the uk press saying about this latest development ?

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:27 am

Not a lot really.

The latest was, that a sniffer dog had been sent to the only suspects apartment, and this dog was trained in finding body parts. Nothing was found.

There have been reports of Maddie being seen in Belgium now, but again nothing conclusive.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CLS » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:55 am

been reports this morning that the sniff dog or death dogs as they are called have found some blood on a wall???
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:49 am

The chances of her now being found alive are very slim. :cry:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby CLS » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:15 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:The chances of her now being found alive are very slim. :cry:

SAD BUT TRUE
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to The Big Debate