Corona Scoreboard

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Corona Scoreboard

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 pm

A post designed to see how many forum members are personally affected by or contract Coronavirus.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Corna Scoreboard

Postby Sims » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm

if I disappear again it’s not cos I’ve died it’s cos I’m bored of people on here

But the reality is I’d expect 90% to get it at some point
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Re: Corona Scoreboard

Postby Phil71 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm

My daughter told me she went into Aldi today and most of the beer was gone - except Corona! Apparently there was loads of it there.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm

Sims wrote:if I disappear again it’s not cos I’ve died it’s cos I’m bored of people on here

I will either be dead or gone fishing. I hope fishing!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:57 pm

Nobody yet? I guess Tom Hanks is "special".
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Nobody yet? I guess Tom Hanks is "special".

Both me and my father have coughed a bit today. But I'm pretty sure It's because we're both massive hypochondriacs so unless i get a fever i ain't buying it.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:04 pm

I feel awful ...............

But that's because I have a hang over and had about 500 calories all day yesterday.

Had to order in a Fried breakfast at 8am to save myself from going into shock.

As far as illness, I have no symptoms thankfully.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:10 pm

So it has hit home personally. They closed all schools here today...and suddenly our cell provider has been overwhelmed due to kids all calling each other so all we get are "all circuits are busy" notices!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Corna Scoreboard

Postby Rockape » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:02 am

Sims wrote:if I disappear again it’s not cos I’ve died it’s cos I’m bored of people on here

But that's why we need a 14 day lock down.....its the only way to get all those already infected through the infectious stage and out the other side. By that time no one (in theory) should be able to catch it.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:07 am

This is a very simplified and helpful bit of info....was to me anyway, so sharing on here:

Thought you might find this useful.

OK a bit of a primer on coronavirus COVID-19.

Coronaviruses are enveloped RNA viruses, this means they can survive and remain infective on surfaces for some time, some scientists saying for up to three days. The envelope is made of a lipid (fatty) bilayer which can be disrupted by soap causing the virus to literally fall apart. This is why hand washing, surface washing etc is best done with soap.

So what happens if you touch a contaminated surface and don't wash your hands? Infective virus particles are transferred to your fingers and if you touch your mouth, nose or eyes the virus will be transferred to the mucous membranes so *DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE*

Now the virus has some protein receptors sticking out of its surface (under electron microscopy this makes the virus look like a crown, corona = crown). These receptors attach the virus to your cell, it then injects its RNA into your cell.

You are now infected but not infectious or symptomatic.

The virus RNA hijacks your DNA and causes it to start making copies of itself, at the end of approx 3 days all these new copies are released to infect new cell and be released into the environment.

You are now infected and infectious but not symptomatic.

in fact during this phase which may last 2 days you are at your most infectious, you are a super shedder leaving active virus everywhere. When you are shedding you can disperse viruses on your breath for approx 1 meter which is why the recommended distance you keep from other people is 2 meters.

Your body's immune system now mounts a response, trying to clear the virus from your system, this is when you get symptoms such as cough, fever, headache, difficulty breathing etc. These are due to your immune response not the virus. For most people these symptoms are fairly mild.

You are now infected, infectious and symptomatic.

The consensus is that this phase lasts 7 days and although you will test positive as you are still infected you are no longer infectious.

You are still infected but no longer infectious or symptomatic.

Why so many deaths then? In some people the immune system over-reacts causing a cytokine cascade and you develop bilateral, interstitial pneumonia. Bottom line - your lungs fill up with fluid and you drown. This is why the panic about ICU beds and ventilators.

OK to explain the quarantine/self-isolation lengths:

If you have possibly been exposed but are showing no symptoms then 14 days will allow the virus to run through its course and at the end of 14 days you will no longer be infectious.

If you are showing symptoms or you test positive then 7 days will take you to the end of the infective period.

The purpose of this is to protect other people from you not vice versa. If it turns out you don't have coronovirus then you've just had to spend some boring time at home.

So:

Wash your hands with soap and water

Don't touch your face

Stay 2 meters away from other people

Don't shake hands, and most, most definitely don't do Spanish style greeting kisses. Namaste is becoming popular.

Follow the govt advice on self-isolating.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:40 pm

I’ve had three jabs and covid twice, the last time this Christmas, so ended up spending it with just the Missus ( who also had it) and my dog.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:17 am

Rockape wrote:I’ve had three jabs and covid twice, the last time this Christmas, so ended up spending it with just the Missus ( who also had it) and my dog.

No jabs.

Still alive, Covid once.

Hate to say it bud but god know's what you've put in your system with those jabs and your obviously still susceptible to catching it.

Have to ask, what good do you think the jab has done for you?

I have zero regrets about my decision to not have one and if anything, time since has only re-enforced my belief that I made the right choice.

Now its all said, wondering how you feel about it?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:36 am

Both jabs, no boosters, Covid FOUR times.

Had a short spell on furlough which was nice, I got to use my teaching experience to home school my boy. But then the company I was working for at the time decided to send all their chefs to their two pastry kitchens. I feel dirty just saying that, didn't enjoy it one bit, desserts aren't interesting at all for me.

Anyway, was forced to travel into work on a reduced service tube, which was when I realised that f**k all was being done to help those who still had to work. Reminders to wash hands, everyone wearing masks etc etc... but I spent most commutes with my face in someone's armpit, the 2 metre rule just wasn't a thing, it was impossible to implement.

So yea, that's how I got it four times... completely symptomless three of those times though, and a scratchy throat with one.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby VCC » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:16 am

Had two jabs because no jab no work, still covid free, if the jab was not mandated here I would not of had a jab
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:38 am

VCC wrote:Had two jabs because no jab no work, still covid free, if the jab was not mandated here I would not of had a jab

That's terrible that you can be forced to have the jab.

The jab is to protect yourself, not others ..........and we've seen that it doesn't even really do that anyway.

We really threw our rights out of the window in a panic during covid, but obviously if they're threatening your livelihood then what are you to do? the issue is that we now know they can do this to us at any time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to The Big Debate