Iranian Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Iranian Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... h-cover-up

Thirteen years of lying for the government. I hope she survives.

Meanwhile demonstrators are being shot in the street...again. How anyone could offer a bit of support for this fascist regime is beyond all reason.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Iranian Politics

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/13/journalists-quit-iranian-state-broadcaster-over-crash-cover-up

Meanwhile demonstrators are being shot in the street...again. How anyone could offer a bit of support for this fascist regime is beyond all reason.

Who's supporting them?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:58 pm

UFGN wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/13/journalists-quit-iranian-state-broadcaster-over-crash-cover-up

Who's supporting them?

Putin, Pelosi, the whole Dem party establishment. Obama sure did with that 150 billion in cash.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:18 pm

AP FACT CHECK: Trump says Pelosi, Dems defended Iran general

Dems supporting Iran:
TRUMP: “Where have the Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats gone when they have spent the last 3 days defending the life of Qassem Soleimani.” — tweet Saturday.

TRUMP: “You know what bothers me? When I see a Nancy Pelosi trying to defend this monster from Iran ... When Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats want to defend him, I think that’s a very bad thing for this country.” — remarks Thursday at event on environmental regulations.

THE FACTS: That’s a misrepresentation.

Pelosi and other Democrats have questioned the strategy behind Trump’s order to kill Iran’s general, which was made without prior approval from Congress, pointing to potential consequences of heightened tensions that could endanger U.S. troops and lead to war with Iran. The Democrats haven’t defended Soleimani or spoken positively about him.

Following the military strike, Pelosi, for instance, called it a “dangerous escalation of violence” that put U.S. troops and diplomats at risk “by engaging in provocative and disproportionate actions.” She also criticized Trump’s “lack of strategy.” But Pelosi also made it clear at her news conference last Thursday that Democrats had “no illusions about Iran, no illusions about Soleimani.”

“He was a terrible person, did bad things,” she said.

Similarly, there is no evidence the Democratic presidential candidates defended Soleimani.

Former Vice President Joe Biden said that “no Americans will mourn Qassem Soleimani’s passing.” Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., who questioned the timing of the military strike, called Soleimani a “a murderer, responsible for the deaths of thousands, including hundreds of Americans.” Pete Buttigieg, a former mayor of South Bend, Ind., said if the U.S. has no plan, “taking out a bad guy is not necessarily a good idea.”

Last week, Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., was forced to apologize after he made a similar assertion as Trump, claiming that Democrats were “in love with terrorists.”

“I left parts of my body in Iraq fighting terrorists,” Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth, a former Army pilot who lost both her legs while serving in Iraq, told CNN after hearing Collins’ initial remarks. “I don’t need to justify myself to anyone.”

Iran getting $150B:
TRUMP: “Iran’s hostility substantially increased after the foolish Iran nuclear deal was signed in 2013. And they were given $150 billion, not to mention $1.8 billion in cash.” — address Wednesday.

TRUMP: “Iran now is not wealthy like it was when President Obama handed him $150 billion..” — remarks Thursday.

TRUMP: “They gave around $150 billion including $1.7 billion in the hard cold cash, can you imagine? No, no, can you imagine? $1.7 billion, $1.8 billion in cash.” — Toledo rally.

THE FACTS: There was no $150 billion payout from the U.S. treasury or other countries. The U.S. made a separate payment of roughly $1.8 billion to cover a decades-old IOU.

When Iran signed the multinational deal to restrain its nuclear development in return for being freed from sanctions, it regained access to its own assets, which had been frozen abroad. Iran was allowed to get its money back. The deal actually was signed in 2015, after a 2013 preliminary agreement. Trump has taken the U.S. out of it.

As for the $1.8 billion: In the 1970s, Iran paid the U.S. $400 million for military equipment that was never delivered because the Iranian government was overthrown and diplomatic relations ruptured. After the nuclear deal, the U.S. and Iran announced they had settled the matter, with the U.S. agreeing to pay the $400 million principal along with about $1.3 billion in interest.

The $400 million was paid in cash and flown to Tehran on a cargo plane, which gave rise to Trump’s previous dramatic accounts of money stuffed in barrels or boxes and delivered in the dead of night. The arrangement provided for the interest to be paid later, not crammed into containers.

https://apnews.com/fe69ae12ed9e85cdcedefff0301333d4

Any other myths that need dispelling?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:31 pm

Any idea what Iran used the cash for? I do.

Not a myth, a deadly mistake by Obama that has impacted millions of people negatively to say the least in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon and Iran itself.

So now please explain what good did providing that capital do for anyone other than the Iranian fascist government. Nobody was under any obligation to return any money to the biggest terror organization on the planet. An IOU? Seriously? I know you were not around in the late 70s but please read about the events that led to the freezing of those assets.

This is exactly what I am talking about, the left has demonstrated very little common sense about Iran's current theocracy. Thankfully the people of Iran are being supported by Trump and that he is willing to make the hard calls others since Reagan have not.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:33 am

It seems the Grand Puba and much of the ruling class has contracted Coronavirus. :goal1:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to The Big Debate