Shame on our club

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Shame on our club

Postby VCC » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34 am

Guys Both parties are f***ked and have made a mistake of sorts,
I am just shocked Arsenal haven't had the tea lady sent to china to sort this along with ozils logo designer, that's the f***ing state of things
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Human rights should not be a political issue, but sadly it is. Ozil has every right to speak out about China's treatment of Muslims and is his pet subject. I didn't appreciate him endorsing Erdogan but he is being true to his own culture and beliefs.

The bigger issue in all this was China's response. Just as they did the NBA, just as they do everyplace in the world now they throw their weight around. China is engaged in a not so subtle effort to economically colonize the globe, and following "investment" they send Chinese nationals to run those investments and run the businesses. Those folks stay.

China has built ports and roads all over the third world on credit and when the country can't pay or they have bought the politicians off they take over 100%. This has happened in Sri Lanka, Pakistan, the Pacific Rim, South and Central America. In Africa they are converting subsistence farming into mega farms and "cooperating" government officials are confiscating lands and requiring villagers to work for the new landlords. I was working in the Marshall Islands a decade ago when the Chinese bribed a local chief on Rongelap Island and in they came to rape the resources. One pass with thousands of sharks the one year was barren the next season and thousands of finned sharks were washed up in the lagoon and on the reefs. Nearly all of the trevally were gone, as were most all predatory fish.

Ozil's complaints are just the tip of the iceberg. These people are out to rule the world, and given how they treat their own people not to mention the utter destruction they have inflicted on the environment they need to be confronted at every level. They think they have sports teams and other companies over the barrel...and is seems our club has fallen right in line.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Human rights should not be a political issue, but sadly it is. Ozil has every right to speak out about China's treatment of Muslims and is his pet subject. I didn't appreciate him endorsing Erdogan but he is being true to his own culture and beliefs.

The bigger issue in all this was China's response. Just as they did the NBA, just as they do everyplace in the world now they throw their weight around. China is engaged in a not so subtle effort to economically colonize the globe, and following "investment" they send Chinese nationals to run those investments and run the businesses. Those folks stay.

China has built ports and roads all over the third world on credit and when the country can't pay or they have bought the politicians off they take over 100%. This has happened in Sri Lanka, Pakistan, the Pacific Rim, South and Central America. In Africa they are converting subsistence farming into mega farms and "cooperating" government officials are confiscating lands and requiring villagers to work for the new landlords. I was working in the Marshall Islands a decade ago when the Chinese bribed a local chief on Rongelap Island and in they came to rape the resources. One pass with thousands of sharks the one year was barren the next season and thousands of finned sharks were washed up in the lagoon and on the reefs. Nearly all of the trevally were gone, as were most all predatory fish.

Ozil's complaints are just the tip of the iceberg. These people are out to rule the world, and given how they treat their own people not to mention the utter destruction they have inflicted on the environment they need to be confronted at every level. They think they have sports teams and other companies over the barrel...and is seems our club has fallen right in line.

Great speech - but missing the point of employee responsibility completely ... well done
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:17 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Human rights should not be a political issue, but sadly it is. Ozil has every right to speak out about China's treatment of Muslims and is his pet subject. I didn't appreciate him endorsing Erdogan but he is being true to his own culture and beliefs.

Great speech - but missing the point of employee responsibility completely ... well done

Are you beholding to your employer to the point that you feel constrained in expressing your opinion on your own time?

Thankyou. I worked hard on this! :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Are you beholding to your employer to the point that you feel constrained in expressing your opinion on your own time?

Thankyou. I worked hard on this! :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

That's the thing. Where things like this are concerned you are never on your own time.

Let's use an alternative example:

You are employed in a high profile role for a company that gets significant income from a customer of theirs who are in the energy business. You meet regularly with the executives of that company and they are very familiar with your face.

That customer are currently all over the news because they are carrying out deforestation in order to create a new mine. There are large scale protests ongoing at the site. One day you decide that your drive to be an eco-warrior means you should head over to the site and join in the protests. That night you are all over the news, giving an in-depth interview stating your opposition to the deforestation whilst waving a placard condemning the energy company.

What do you think the outcome might be?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Funny how the same people criticising him for not being a good employee for doing this had exactly the opposite point of view when he refused to wear the rainbow armband at the request of his employer
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:52 pm

UFGN wrote:Funny how the same people criticising him for not being a good employee for doing this had exactly the opposite point of view when he refused to wear the rainbow armband at the request of his employer

I hope you're not including me in that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Funny how the same people criticising him for not being a good employee for doing this had exactly the opposite point of view when he refused to wear the rainbow armband at the request of his employer

If you supported him not wearing that armband then yes I am, if not then no. But there id absolutely no dodging the double standards shown by some posters on this

* Political issues only matter if it ticks their personal boxes

* Ozil should toe the club line..... unless its something they agree with Ozil on then he can do his own thing
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:00 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

If you supported him not wearing that armband then yes I am, if not then no. But there id absolutely no dodging the double standards shown by some posters on this

* Political issues only matter if it ticks their personal boxes

* Ozil should toe the club line..... unless its something they agree with Ozil on then he can do his own thing

My view is if the club are promoting LGBT rights all of our players should support it. Same with wearing the Poppy. These are both causes supported by the club.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:11 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I agree with EK.

Sports and politics shouldn't mix, individual sportsmen can, but not an actual club.

A clubs fans come in all sorts of political backgrounds but sports is often a place people want to leave all that crap behind for a few hours and just be together as fans.

Clubs shouldn't ram their own political views down peoples throats.

The poppey isn't political, if your English you know that, its about remembering those who died for this country in WWII, many of those were our family members like my Great Grandfather.

The LGBT armband, yeah I don't like it, it smacks of PC pandering, why don't they have an armband for Straight people? ......... because it would be silly, that's how I feel about it vice versa.

The kick out racism isn't about just picking up a political cause, its an issue in Football itself and effects the actual players while their playing for their clubs, as its a football issue not for political reasoning then that one is fine

Lets play spot the mixed race straight bloke

Racism is an issue in football that affects the players while theyre playing for their clubs

But gay players dont exist so homophobia in football doesn't effect them.... its political

Ooooooo kkkkaaaaayyyy

How about we play spot the touchy gay guy instead?

I didn't say gay players don't exist, what I said was we don't hear chants of "Oi you f*ggot" from the crowd, but we do hear Monkey chants etc.

We have straight players in the league, shall we wear an arm band for them as well? unless there's a rife problem with homophobia in football effecting players then why do we need to show support for it?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:56 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:I agree with EK.

Sports and politics shouldn't mix, individual sportsmen can, but not an actual club.

A clubs fans come in all sorts of political backgrounds but sports is often a place people want to leave all that crap behind for a few hours and just be together as fans.

Clubs shouldn't ram their own political views down peoples throats.

The poppey isn't political, if your English you know that, its about remembering those who died for this country in WWII, many of those were our family members like my Great Grandfather.

The LGBT armband, yeah I don't like it, it smacks of PC pandering, why don't they have an armband for Straight people? ......... because it would be silly, that's how I feel about it vice versa.

The kick out racism isn't about just picking up a political cause, its an issue in Football itself and effects the actual players while their playing for their clubs, as its a football issue not for political reasoning then that one is fine

Lets play spot the mixed race straight bloke

Racism is an issue in football that affects the players while theyre playing for their clubs

But gay players dont exist so homophobia in football doesn't effect them.... its political

Ooooooo kkkkaaaaayyyy

How about we play spot the touchy gay guy instead?

I didn't say gay players don't exist, what I said was we don't hear chants of "Oi you f*ggot" from the crowd, but we do hear Monkey chants etc.

We have straight players in the league, shall we wear an arm band for them as well? unless there's a rife problem with homophobia in football effecting players then why do we need to show support for it?

There is.

UFGN

Postby Rerktyne » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:40 am

Mud has as I hate that parasite Ozil I have to agree with him!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Previous

Return to The Big Debate