European Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: European Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:47 am

jayramfootball wrote:
LMAO wrote:The cursed ratio:

That's a 28 point shift in a little less than 4 years :dizzy:

Macron is a few more f**k ups away from France embracing populism next year.

It's the end of the EU if Le Pen wins.
The EU is already on it's last legs now that the UK has left that stinking cesspit.
It may well be Le Pen that ends it for good.

Allez Le Pen! ;)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 pm

Macron is an egotistical a-hole of biblical proportions and he hates us so he won't find any friends over here.

Doubt the French will ever leave the EU though, they have too much influence as one of the joint top 2 runners of the EU club and have staked the house on its success, Le Pen can crap on it all she wants but she won't get it through their Government vote.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby AlexMills » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Macron is an egotistical a-hole of biblical proportions and he hates us so he won't find any friends over here.

Doubt the French will ever leave the EU though, they have too much influence as one of the joint top 2 runners of the EU club and have staked the house on its success, Le Pen can crap on it all she wants but she won't get it through their Government vote.

this is probably the more realistic take, the only reason that France isn't failing even harder is because of the euro common market.
AlexMills
Liam Brady

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Poland finding out very quickly what happens when you don't do as you're told by the EU.

I can see a few of those Eastern European countries exiting the EU before long. As the Polish PM said, its great to all be sat at the same table, but then when you see that some are drinking champagne whilst others drink water...
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Phil71 wrote:Poland finding out very quickly what happens when you don't do as you're told by the EU.

I can see a few of those Eastern European countries exiting the EU before long. As the Polish PM said, its great to all be sat at the same table, but then when you see that some are drinking champagne whilst others drink water...

Oh dear. What has Poland done now? Is it more anti-LGBT stuff, or is this about putting troops on their border with Belarus? Or something else entirely?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:19 pm

LMAO wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Poland finding out very quickly what happens when you don't do as you're told by the EU.

Oh dear. What has Poland done now? Is it more anti-LGBT stuff, or is this about putting troops on their border with Belarus? Or something else entirely?

Basically it's not paying the fine the EU imposed on them by not opening the email telling them about the fine
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:25 pm

They're also unhappy with Poland and Hungary for refusing to take immigrants.

The Poles and Hungarians have basically told Germany and France that if they want to flood their own country with foreigners that's up to them, but don't expect us to do it because we won't.

Sounds like the sort of leadership this country needs.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Jedi » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:00 am

Phil71 wrote:They're also unhappy with Poland and Hungary for refusing to take immigrants.

The Poles and Hungarians have basically told Germany and France that if they want to flood their own country with foreigners that's up to them, but don't expect us to do it because we won't.

Absolute nonsense. Hungary is a dictatorship. That's why they're not favored by the European Union, has f**k all to do with refugees.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:37 am

Jedi wrote:
Phil71 wrote:They're also unhappy with Poland and Hungary for refusing to take immigrants.

Absolute nonsense. Hungary is a dictatorship. That's why they're not favored by the European Union, has f**k all to do with refugees.

Do you know that the banks actively help to over throw dicatorships / monarchies from power?

That's why the EU will refuse to deal with them.

The biggest threat to the banks were Kings and dictators hence why they help to implant democracy everywhere ........ including the middle east.

You can buy / control politicians who don't hold real power, no one in office for 4 years is ever given real power.

Democracy is how the banks took over entire continents, by removing absolute authority by right and replacing it with a circus act.

The first thing Hitler did when he got in power was seize control of all the German banks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:54 am

The showrunners sure are getting predictable. I've already seen this story before:

Makes sense though. If Europe wants to join us as a superpower, then it's going to need to a federal government in order to project foreign policy and defense.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:58 am

LMAO wrote:The showrunners sure are getting predictable. I've already seen this story before:

Makes sense though. If Europe wants to join us as a superpower, then it's going to need to a federal government in order to project foreign policy and defense.

Looks like those sneaky germans are at it again......
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:30 am

There's nothing to suggest this in the Coalition agreement.

We may see different approaches to various topics that the Germans may want the EU to be a part of - such as greater pressure on China in relation to human rights, and democratic elections in Belarus. They also want to be tougher on Russia. Nothing about the EU becoming more of a Federation.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:38 pm

LMAO wrote:The showrunners sure are getting predictable. I've already seen this story before:

There's a difference though, America is a country broken down into states.

That is a completely different situation to Europe which had its own kingdoms, history and sovereignty, they don't even speak the same languages, I actually don't think you understand the underlying issues because as an American your ignorant towards the mind set of people from proper countries, I don't mean that as an insult I've just noticed when speaking to a lot of Americans that ........ you just don't get it.

This federation will never happen, they may edge toward it but a complete Federation turning countries into nothing but states of Europe ......... you'd likely see riots that put the covid protests to shame.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:47 pm

What? I know Europeans have different mentalities than us. I said if Europe wanted to be a superpower, not that they would want to.

That difference in mentality is why we have military bases all over Europe and spend so much on NATO.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:24 pm

LMAO wrote:What? I know Europeans have different mentalities than us. I said if Europe wanted to be a superpower, not that they would want to.

That difference in mentality is why we have military bases all over Europe and spend so much on NATO.

Who is Europe?

Europe is a continent made up of countries.

If you're on about the EU then that is France and Germany, the rest of the EU won't fancy going from 2nd rate members to nothing but an after thought.

Also that's not why you have military bases all over the world, its because your one of the biggest countries and so have a bigger budget for defence / war than European nations do.

Tell us about mentality? Britain had the biggest Empire the world has ever seen and we're a small Island nation.

We made you ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate