European Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: European Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:31 pm

UFGN wrote:Seriously. This is rather ridiculous.

It's not semantics by any stretch. The two phrases mean entirely different things.

Looks to me like someone read a headline, decided it fitted his narrative and didn't bother reading the rest

.....and according to you I apparently don't know what I'm talking about

Jesus wept

You obviously are clueless - just look at what you said

Either he's on crack or the Kuwaiti dinar has been brought in as the new Russian currency and renamed the ruble

Explain how a currency that has been the strongest performer in 2022 (not my words but straight from the NYT's article in May) is in anyway worse than the Kuwaiti Dinar? - you simply and very obviously didn't have a clue, now as always once you've been educated you're trying to pretend you knew it all along, guess that was a Kuwaiti Dinar private joke right?. We can all read you like a book - you're simply full of it.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:40 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

It's not semantics by any stretch. The two phrases mean entirely different things.

Looks to me like someone read a headline, decided it fitted his narrative and didn't bother reading the rest

Jesus wept

Either he's on crack or the Kuwaiti dinar has been brought in as the new Russian currency and renamed the ruble

Explain how a currency that has been the strongest performer in 2022 (not my words but straight from the NYT's article in May) is in anyway worse than the Kuwaiti Dinar? - you simply and very obviously didn't have a clue, now as always once you've been educated you're trying to pretend you knew it all along, guess that was a Kuwaiti Dinar private joke right?. We can all read you like a book - you're simply full of it.

Because the Kuwaiti Dinar is consistently one of the strongest currencies in the world, and the Ruble is very much not.

That's why I said it

Are you quite alright?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:47 pm

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Jesus wept

Because the Kuwaiti Dinar is consistently one of the strongest currencies in the world, and the Ruble is very much not.

That's why I said it

Are you quite alright?

Hahahahahahaha what utter shit - the topic was the Ruble since the Russian oil sanctions were applied in May since when its up over 10%. the strongest performing currency in the world this year, Over the same post sanction period the Kuwaiti Dinar is down about 2% ..... but you knew that being an expert, you were just testing us.

Or are you talking about the Ruble/Dinar since WW2 a totally meaningless analogy as there were of course no Russian oil sanctions until this year.

How deep a hole are you going to dig here? whilst it's fun to watch you try and squirm out of your feck up, it's now getting a bit easy.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:56 pm

I'm not digging a hole, I'm standing on the edge of a sandpit watching you eat the sand.

PRISS said that the Ruble is the strongest currency in the world. It isn't. It extremely isn't. It is improved from a weak position, AND artificially propped up by the Russian government using various fiscal hocus pocus.

It's not the strongest currency in the world. It's not even a strong currency at all really. It's increased in strength. That's the only thing worth saying. And even then, off the back of artificial manipulation.

PRISS tried to use the strength of the ruble to strengthen his argument. Sadly it's not a particularly strong currency and it's not a particularly strong argument
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:26 pm

UFGN wrote:I'm not digging a hole, I'm standing on the edge of a sandpit watching you eat the sand.

PRISS said that the Ruble is the strongest currency in the world. It isn't. It extremely isn't. It is improved from a weak position, AND artificially propped up by the Russian government using various fiscal hocus pocus.

It's not the strongest currency in the world. It's not even a strong currency at all really. It's increased in strength. That's the only thing worth saying. And even then, off the back of artificial manipulation.

PRISS tried to use the strength of the ruble to strengthen his argument. Sadly it's not a particularly strong currency and it's not a particularly strong argument

You are arguing long term currency values in a conversation about the strength of the Ruble since the West's failed attempts to destabilise the Russian currency. In the very obvious context of this debate, as the NYT's rightly says, the Ruble has been the strongest currency in the world in 2022.

If you thought this discussion had anything to do with long term values of the Kuwati Dinar versus the Ruble then you were sadly mistaken.

Frankly you're once again seem out of your depth. The Ruble has performed as the strongest currency in the world in 2022, the US/EU sanctions have had the opposite impact to that expected, that is the point of the debate, something that you seem to completely fail to grasp.

It's a waste of time trying to educate you, on any subject, you are so bias or have such an untenable position, you simply don't listen - artificially propped up by the Russian government using various fiscal hocus pocus - did you just read that on a cracker? No government can compete with the currency market, remember when the UK tried? the ONLY serious reason the Ruble is strong is the price of oil, everything else is window dressing.

Nobody apart from you has ever said that the Ruble pre 2022 was weak, moderate, or strong, that is not the debate for anyone but you. We are talking about European Politics and their failed attempt at destabilising the Russian currency, nobody knows what the hell you're discussing I suspect not even you.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:06 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:I'm not digging a hole, I'm standing on the edge of a sandpit watching you eat the sand.

You are arguing long term currency values in a conversation about the strength of the Ruble since the West's failed attempts to destabilise the Russian currency. In the very obvious context of this debate, as the NYT's rightly says, the Ruble has been the strongest currency in the world in 2022.

If you thought this discussion had anything to do with long term values of the Kuwati Dinar versus the Ruble then you were sadly mistaken.

Frankly you're once again seem out of your depth. The Ruble has performed as the strongest currency in the world in 2022, the US/EU sanctions have had the opposite impact to that expected, that is the point of the debate, something that you seem to completely fail to grasp.

It's a waste of time trying to educate you, on any subject, you are so bias or have such an untenable position, you simply don't listen - artificially propped up by the Russian government using various fiscal hocus pocus - did you just read that on a cracker? No government can compete with the currency market, remember when the UK tried? the ONLY serious reason the Ruble is strong is the price of oil, everything else is window dressing.

Nobody apart from you has ever said that the Ruble pre 2022 was weak, moderate, or strong, that is not the debate for anyone but you. We are talking about European Politics and their failed attempt at destabilising the Russian currency, nobody knows what the hell you're discussing I suspect not even you.

It's not a debate.

He said the Ruble is the strongest currency in the world.

It isn't. It isn't even close. And even it's gains are largely, although not solely, off the back of artificial manipulation.

It simply isn't a debate.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:23 pm

I understand that some people are going to feel that the financial consequences of the Ukraine war are too great.

I look at the consequences of alternative courses of action and I draw the conclusion that what's being done is, broadly speaking, the right approach.

We can't let Russia walk all over another European country. I'm sorry, it's not an option. They absolutely will continue to threaten other countries as is their form if they feel they've got away with their invasion of Ukraine.

Our close friends Sweden and Norway, and peaceful Baltic nations like Estonia are being bullied and threatened. It has to stop once and for all.

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:25 pm

UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

It's not a debate.

It isn't. It isn't even close. And even it's gains are largely, although not solely, off the back of artificial manipulation.

Then why are you posting?

For everyone else it was a debate until you poisoned the thread. Now it's just you arguing utter nonsense.

The Ruble is the strongest currency in the world this year - only an utter feckwit couldn't grasp the context of that statement, all the world's media seem to understand, so why cant you?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ruble-currency-2022/#:~:text=The%20Russian%20ruble%20is%20the,against%20the%20dollar%20since%20January.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-11/russian-ruble-surpasses-brazilian-real-as-world-s-best-currency

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/russias-ruble-hits-strongest-level-since-april-2018/2595486

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/rouble-firms-heading-back-towards-multi-year-highs-vs-dollar-euro-2022-05-23/

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/russian-ruble-best-performing-currency-in-world-sanctions-20220512
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:30 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

It's not a debate.

Then why are you posting?

For everyone else it was a debate until you poisoned the thread. Now it's just you arguing utter nonsense.

The Ruble is the strongest currency in the world this year - only an utter feckwit couldn't grasp the context of that statement, all the world's media seem to understand, so why cant you?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ruble-currency-2022/#:~:text=The%20Russian%20ruble%20is%20the,against%20the%20dollar%20since%20January.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-11/russian-ruble-surpasses-brazilian-real-as-world-s-best-currency

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/russias-ruble-hits-strongest-level-since-april-2018/2595486

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/rouble-firms-heading-back-towards-multi-year-highs-vs-dollar-euro-2022-05-23/

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/russian-ruble-best-performing-currency-in-world-sanctions-20220512

It is the strongest performing. From a piss weak position, with government manipulation.

To say it's the strongest currency in the world, or is a strong currency, or is "strong" in any context, is both factually incorrect and disingenuous if you are trying to trumpet that barefaced lie to defend a position. You know..... bias. That thing you're always on about.

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Beyond ridiculous, it is pathetic to simply dismiss the real consequences of this foolishness brought on by foolish policies pursued by foolish politicians elected by foolish people. UFGN, facts are always your kryptonite thus must be avoided at all costs to protect some entrenched belief system that is driven by hate for some strange reason. Sadly you are not alone as most of the left does the same. But on the bright side, there are fewer and fewer of you lot as reality does set in for most.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:54 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Beyond ridiculous, it is pathetic to simply dismiss the real consequences of this foolishness brought on by foolish policies pursued by foolish politicians elected by foolish people. UFGN, facts are always your kryptonite thus must be[b] avoided at all costs to protect some entrenched belief system[/b] that is driven by hate for some strange reason. Sadly you are not alone as most of the left does the same. But on the bright side, there are fewer and fewer of you lot as reality does set in for most.

What you mean like the Ruble is not even close to being the strongest currency in the world?

You shouldn't have lied, then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Let's talk about your "belief system" shall we? But I don't think you'll like your moralising thrown back in your face very much. You kill animals for leisure, and got paid to put on a government uniform and go and kill people for money in the name of what? Patriotism? ...... and you label me as hateful?

I think I stand up quite well by comparison actually

UFGN

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:04 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Beyond ridiculous, it is pathetic to simply dismiss the real consequences of this foolishness brought on by foolish policies pursued by foolish politicians elected by foolish people. UFGN, facts are always your kryptonite thus must be avoided at all costs to protect some entrenched belief system that is driven by hate for some strange reason. Sadly you are not alone as most of the left does the same. But on the bright side, there are fewer and fewer of you lot as reality does set in for most.

You're wasting your breath - FACT - the Rouble has been the strongest performing currency in 2022 - when that interferes with UFGN's warped belief system he just flatly refuses to acknowledge it - proof positive you simply can't fix stupid.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:19 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:Beyond ridiculous, it is pathetic to simply dismiss the real consequences of this foolishness brought on by foolish policies pursued by foolish politicians elected by foolish people. UFGN, facts are always your kryptonite thus must be avoided at all costs to protect some entrenched belief system that is driven by hate for some strange reason. Sadly you are not alone as most of the left does the same. But on the bright side, there are fewer and fewer of you lot as reality does set in for most.

You're wasting your breath - FACT - the Rouble has been the strongest performing currency in 2022 - when that interferes with UFGN's warped belief system he just flatly refuses to acknowledge it - proof positive you simply can't fix stupid.

Oh and here's tweedle Dee to complete the hard right wing weirdo fest

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:38 am

I'm not sure what is mean't by "performing" and maybe that should be clarified but as far as currency "value" then the pound is stronger than the rouble .........but again the criteria for "performing" should be outlined to avoid the squabbling.

1.31 Pound sterling = 100 Roubles

So just seen this posted above ...........

the topic was the Ruble since the Russian oil sanctions were applied in May since when its up over 10%. the strongest performing currency in the world this year

.......... so I really don't see the confusion, in that criteria Elite is correct as I'm sure he's posted the sources to back that claim?

Performing and actual value of currency are two different things, you guys are smart enough to know the difference so again, not sure what the arguments about?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:00 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I'm not sure what is mean't by "performing" and maybe that should be clarified but as far as currency "value" then the pound is stronger than the rouble .........but again the criteria for "performing" should be outlined to avoid the squabbling.

1.31 Pound sterling = 100 Roubles

So just seen this posted above ...........

the topic was the Ruble since the Russian oil sanctions were applied in May since when its up over 10%. the strongest performing currency in the world this year

.......... so I really don't see the confusion, in that criteria Elite is correct as I'm sure he's posted the sources to back that claim?

Performing and actual value of currency are two different things, you guys are smart enough to know the difference so again, not sure what the arguments about?

The argument is precisely because they are two different things. It is not semantics, there is a fundamental difference.

PRISS stated that the Ruble is now the "strongest currency in the world"........ which he did because he wanted to suggest that the West's handling of the War is benefitting Russia.

This in fact is entirely different to the truth, which is merely that it is "performing strongly"...... ie it has improved*. Improved that is, from a piss weak position. It's not a strong currency by any measure. And even that improvement is underpinned by manipulation by the Russian government.

(* Improved.... Stronger......ie it's value Vs other currencies and it's usefulness to buy commodities)

PRISS either deliberately misrepresented the facts to bolster his claim (wouldn't put it past him,) or read the headline but not the article and lazily decided it would be a good fit for his opinion (wouldn't put that past him either)

EK is just along for the ride, sniping at me as per usual and humping PRISS's leg

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate