Smacking kids

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:17 pm

Hit the nail on the head there Whee.

Corporal punishment wasnt banned until i reached comprehensive & id had the slipper & the ruler across the knuckles...bastard i hated that teacher... but i didnt disrupt his classes again.

But your right we now live in a compensation world.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby ken day » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:29 am

its the lack off the cane, and parents lack of the odd slap, that is producing the gang culture that is now leading to the knife and gun killing we are seeing now.
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby whee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:21 pm

That and all the people in South Central LA wondering around in red and blue busting caps in each other's asses.

Then you get the wannabe rude-boys in South London giving it large.

Get jobs you c****.

behave Pee-Whee, regards SGW. ;)
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ken day » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:20 pm

whee wrote:That and all the people in South Central LA wondering around in red and blue busting caps in each other's asses.

Then you get the wannabe rude-boys in South London giving it large.

Get jobs you c****.
Behave Whee my freind the word is not acceptable, you had any pms yet

Edit for the reason you said yourself. SGW
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:39 pm

some of the bastards need it :D
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby spurswho?gunner4life » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:51 pm

i personally as a 16 yr old who was smacked as a child believe that there is no such thing as a little smack. i grew up living in fear that if i did anything slightly wrong my dad would hit me. yes it starts with a little smack, but how do you know that little smack that child got in the supermarket wont turn into a beating at home. its all very well to discipline your child but smackin is not the answer. to this day i still remember being hit for not doing silly things and it worrys me that people say you tend to marry a man who reminds you fo your father. do i really want to marry a man whos going to smack a child. i dont think so.
spurswho?gunner4life
Liam Brady

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:55 pm

Im soo sorry to hear of your experience. ((hugs))

There is a difference between a light smack & violence, its knowing where those barriers are and using common sense, which the majority of parents do.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Libertine » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:09 am

Spare the rod, spoil the child!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ken day » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:52 pm

spurswho?gunner4life wrote:i personally as a 16 yr old who was smacked as a child believe that there is no such thing as a little smack. i grew up living in fear that if i did anything slightly wrong my dad would hit me. yes it starts with a little smack, but how do you know that little smack that child got in the supermarket wont turn into a beating at home. its all very well to discipline your child but smackin is not the answer. to this day i still remember being hit for not doing silly things and it worrys me that people say you tend to marry a man who reminds you fo your father. do i really want to marry a man whos going to smack a child. i dont think so.
the lack of respect to parents is why kids of 13-15 are running riot, i think a smack does no harm at all.
All this bollox about the naughty step is so PC its ridiculace, how are children to learn right from wrong, no canning at school, no smacking at home.
Why is it that kids are getting stabbed and shot on the streets, coz they fear nobody, including the police and there parents.
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby REG » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:10 pm

To right there's nothing wrong with a smack if your bad
Then the child learns that if he/she does ti again it will result to a smack
The child at times will be scared but it gets them sorted out & then they don't turn out as a yob prick just wanting attention
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:27 am

ken day wrote:the lack of respect to parents is why kids of 13-15 are running riot, i think a smack does no harm at all.
hhow are children to learn right from wrong, no canning at school, no smacking at home.
Why is it that kids are getting stabbed and shot on the streets, coz they fear nobody, including the police and there parents.

Spot on Ken.
A bit of fear is healthy.

Who never had the "wait 'til your dad get's home" moment as a kid?
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ozgooner » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:40 am

a smack on the bum or legs is ok . it is not ok for a smack on the face though . i got a few floggings with the feather duster , wooden spoon or belt when i was young and deserved every one of em . i grew up in the 80's though and maybe those methods are out of touch now .

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:02 pm

yeah a slap on back now and again can act as a strict signal to kids and if done at the right time is highly effective as it tells them in no uncertain terms they have done something wrong.

stop mollychodilling kids (100% wrong spelling lol)
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Trina » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:26 am

ozgooner wrote:a smack on the bum or legs is ok . it is not ok for a smack on the face though . i got a few floggings with the feather duster , wooden spoon or belt when i was young and deserved every one of em . i grew up in the 80's though and maybe those methods are out of touch now .

I remember the belt when I was at my grandparents when I was very young. It never did me any harm. Yet now your not even supposed to give kids a smack on the bum, legs or anything.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:33 pm

PE teachers are not allowed to make contact "touch" any kid anymore
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate