Smacking kids

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Smacking kids

Postby Fordy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:53 pm

People are calling for it to be banned to smack a child in a public place, for example in the supermarket, because some people find it offensive.

Do you agree or disagree with this and what are your opinions on smacking?
Fordy

Postby ken day » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:22 pm

Nothing wrong with a little smack to the legs or bum, my two kids hardly got smacked coz if they were naughty they knew what would happen, one warning was enough
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CLS » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:56 am

I PERSONAL HAVE NEVER SMACKED ARRON
BUT HES ONLY 2 1/2 BUT I DONT THINK I EVER WILL,
I DONT THING A LITTLE SMACK ON THE LEGS WILL DO ANY HARM THOUGH

I DO HATE SEEING THESE WOMAN OR MEN HAVING A BLAZING ROW AND SMACKING A TWO YEAR OLD ALL ROUND SAINSBURYS
IT YUST SHOWS A SIGN OF LOST CONTROL,
BUT I KNOW HOW STRESSFUL IT CAN GET

BUT IF SMACKING WORKS YOU WOULD ONLY EVER HAVE TO DO IT ONCE.......
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fee » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:59 am

I think that parents should be able to control their children's behaviour without resorting to hitting them and if they can't, then perhaps they should be rethinking their approach to parenthood.
Fee
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:44 am

To be honest im not against smacking but there is knowing when to draw the line, there is a difference between a disciplinary smack & violence, when a parent takes out a bed temper on kids.
I got smacked as a kid & it never did me any harm, i was a bit rebellious as a teenager but that was down to my parents being strict.

However i dont agree with smacking toddlers who are not old enough to know right from wrong, but if this law is to be brought in you can just picture the nations kids pushing parents to the limit in public.

Ive never had to smack my youngest, but my eldest has had a clip, and as CLS says it SHOULD only need to be done once, for me it worked & Jake never stole again.

I dont think its all down to the parents, as parents the best we can do is put our kids on the right path but by the time they reach a certain age, they become impressionable, personalities start to come out & kids have a mind of their own, often thinking they are the adult & can do what they want, so no matter how well you have brought them up it can all be thrown back in your face, ive seen this 1st hand with friends kids.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Piston Broke » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:12 pm

meh Batter em it's the only way they'll learn
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:55 pm

Piston Broke wrote:meh Batter em it's the only way they'll learn

Does thou practice thy preachings? I thinketh not!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Piston Broke » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:01 pm

rvtheace wrote:
Piston Broke wrote:meh Batter em it's the only way they'll learn

Does thou practice thy preachings? I thinketh not!

Yup Sure do if she Steps outta line she gets a good old fashioned clip round the ear
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby slappy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:22 pm

I dont agree with smacking your kids whether its a clip round the ear, a whack on the legs etc. Once you lay your hands on your kids, you get used to it and its not going to make them better kids in the long run. Smacking your kids is just proving that something is lacking in the parenting department.

None of us got hit by our parents and we turned out alright. As long as you're taught right to respect stuff and people, you'd be right. I've not hit any of my kids and wont ever do that.

I saw this woman in Asda who wouldnt buy her son a sweets pack to which he started crying and she dragged him round the aisle by his arm with him screaming in pain...I told her that she was a f***ing disgrace as a mother.
slappy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Piston Broke » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:05 am

slappy wrote: I saw this woman in Asda who wouldnt buy her son a sweets pack to which he started crying and she dragged him round the aisle by his arm with him screaming in pain...I told her that she was a f***ing disgrace as a mother.

It's people like you who are a disgrace Slappy poking their nose where it ain't wanted you know nothing about that mother and what she might of been through or any of the history between her and her child basically you know f**k all about her but i doesn't stop you thinking you know it all and having a pop

Someone did that to my wife once in Tesco's my daughter had been a nightmare all day tantrum after tantrum then when my daughter was having another tantrum and she was telling her off(not smacking her) and they basically came up and started ranting at my wife calling her a bad mother etc it left my wife in tears and completely shocked luckily i was in another aisle and came and found her then i went and let them have a piece of MY mind at top volume which they didn't like too much and were almost in tears themselves when i said see how do you like it !!! In future mind your own business i had about 5 parents come up to me and congratulate me on sticking up for ourselves saying they were sick of people just like you slappy :evil:
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CLS » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:34 am

Piston Broke wrote:
slappy wrote: I saw this woman in Asda who wouldnt buy her son a sweets pack to which he started crying and she dragged him round the aisle by his arm with him screaming in pain...I told her that she was a f***ing disgrace as a mother.

It's people like you who are a disgrace Slappy poking their nose where it ain't wanted you know nothing about that mother and what she might of been through or any of the history between her and her child basically you know f**k all about her but i doesn't stop you thinking you know it all and having a pop

Someone did that to my wife once in Tesco's my daughter had been a nightmare all day tantrum after tantrum then when my daughter was having another tantrum and she was telling her off(not smacking her) and they basically came up and started ranting at my wife calling her a bad mother etc it left my wife in tears and completely shocked luckily i was in another aisle and came and found her then i went and let them have a piece of MY mind at top volume which they didn't like too much and were almost in tears themselves when i said see how do you like it !!! In future mind your own business i had about 5 parents come up to me and congratulate me on sticking up for ourselves saying they were sick of people just like you slappy :evil:

I Agree,kids can be very very stessful and know how to manipulate a parent to boiling point so you dont automaticly know that person is a bad parent, and you shouldnt get involed in a bad negative way as you just make the mother feel worse than she already does
i alway try to help the mother by staring at the kids and smiling it amazing how they stop crying straight away once a stanger is around.
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby slappy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:56 pm

This was completely different to your case. The kid was thrown into our trolley so thats why I had a go... and it wasnt one where the whole store could hear, it was between me and her.

your wife was telling ur kid off which is fair enough but this woman physically harming her child made me say something.

Sorry if you still think i'm a disgrace or whatever but I dont give a flying f**k to be honest
slappy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby barca2-1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:09 pm

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT 8)
eat me
barca2-1
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby slappy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:41 pm

i apologise for my colourful language in the previous post.

Shouting at a child is fair enough if they're throwing tantrums but to physically hurt them like that is wrong especially in public. I know people like me stick their nose in but why do that sort of thing in front of many people.

I'm sorry but I still dont see the need to put your hands on a child whether or not they throw a tantrum or not and if they're too much for you. I've never shouted or hit any of my 5 kids and I really hope we never have to do that. Once you hit your child or even if you include women in that ( domestic abuse ), you've open the floodgates for it to happen again in the future.

But thats just my opinion and you dont need to agree with me
slappy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby whee » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:44 pm

"once you hit them once, you open the floodgates for it to happen again"

Yeah, if you're a bell end with an uncovered love of tw*tting people.

I was given a thrashing once, and I never had a riot van outside my house again.....

A parent's child is for them to bring up, not for anybody else to stick their wick in about.

If one mother agrees in physical disciplining, her choice, if another mother finds a different approach works best, her choice...

Years and years ago, when kids had respect, i'm talking about those of you the wrong side of 30 here I expect, you were probably given a good clip if you toed the line, and you wouldn't toe it again. I imagine your teachers wouldn't have hesitated a clip round the ear either.

Nowadays, with kids throwing chairs at each other, then telling a teacher "you can't touch me or i'll sue," is it any wonder we're a nation of w*nkers?

No, it f*cking isn't.

Absolute w*nkers. The lot of us.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to The Big Debate