What happens after you die?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: What happens after you die?

Postby LegendaryKeown » Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:[
I've had moments where I've wanted life to end, but honestly, if I was given infinity right now with how life is, I'd probably take it

But how would that work?

Would you stay young and healthy? Would your friends and family never die?

If you're trying to pause time noting else in the world could move on, if you're not aging, that means no change in the world is occurring; which means you'd be bored af in about a year since earth would be stagnant.

You'd really want to life for eternity in a place where nothing changes?

No one dies, everyone stays healthy, but humans are ever changing and will still change.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 08, 2018 8:11 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
I've had moments where I've wanted life to end, but honestly, if I was given infinity right now with how life is, I'd probably take it

But how would that work?

If you're trying to pause time noting else in the world could move on, if you're not aging, that means no change in the world is occurring; which means you'd be bored af in about a year since earth would be stagnant.

No one dies, everyone stays healthy, but humans are ever changing and will still change.

So there's no aging then?

So basically we'd be watching the same Arsenal squad for the rest of time, be listening to the same musicians, Putin would forever be president of Russia etc?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LegendaryKeown » Tue May 08, 2018 8:19 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

But how would that work?

So there's no aging then?

So basically we'd be watching the same Arsenal squad for the rest of time, be listening to the same musicians, Putin would forever be president of Russia etc?

I'm okay with Putin as long as there would be no Granit Xhaka in my afterlife
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 08, 2018 8:21 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

But how would that work?

How long before the earth gets overpopulated and living conditions become horrible. Will oil run out, will water, will food? So many questions.

I know we are speaking hypothetically about everything, but still, I just don't think people can really fathom forever. We just think "yay we get to keep on living", so it seems awesome initially, until you really start to try to comprehend forever.

I have heard old people talk about death, and state how they are ready for it. They lived a long life, and are just tired of everything and want to go, and not because they're ill or old and can't do anything, but just the mind and being conscious. So just imagine how forever feels.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Besides hell, what would be a f***ked up afterlife?

Drifting through some next realm all alone for eternity.

You mean retaining consciousness with no senses?
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby LegendaryKeown » Tue May 08, 2018 8:41 pm

StLGooner wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

But how would that work?

How long before the earth gets overpopulated and living conditions become horrible. Will oil run out, will water, will food? So many questions.

I know we are speaking hypothetically about everything, but still, I just don't think people can really fathom forever. We just think "yay we get to keep on living", so it seems awesome initially, until you really start to try to comprehend forever.

I have heard old people talk about death, and state how they are ready for it. They lived a long life, and are just tired of everything and want to go, and not because they're ill or old and can't do anything, but just the mind and being conscious. So just imagine how forever feels.

You're assuming an Earth like planet here. I'm saying that in a hypothetical afterlife where conditions were like they are here, but just healthier, people would likely be happy.
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Wed May 09, 2018 4:55 am

Idk. No one has come back to tell us what's on the other side.

But I don't think there's anything awaiting us. It'll be like when you get hit with anesthesia: you don't remember anything between when you go under and when you wake up, except this time, you won't wake up, so you won't even realize you're dead.

If it becomes possible in the future, I'd wanna live for like a thousand years or so in good health to do everything I want, but f**k living forever after death. Other than torturous boredom, there's no other outcome for eternal life.

The mainstream Christian/Islamic heaven. Imagine standing for eternity singing praises to a insecure, narcissistic sky bully. That's true hell imo

If there is a heaven that's like that, please send me to hell. All the fun and interesting people will be there anyway.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed May 09, 2018 8:35 am

The Islamic afterlife is mostly sex and wine tbh.
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Wed May 09, 2018 8:43 am

LMAO wrote:Idk. No one has come back to tell us what's on the other side.

But I don't think there's anything awaiting us. It'll be like when you get hit with anesthesia: you don't remember anything between when you go under and when you wake up, except this time, you won't wake up, so you won't even realize you're dead.

If it becomes possible in the future, I'd wanna live for like a thousand years or so in good health to do everything I want, but f**k living forever after death. Other than torturous boredom, there's no other outcome for eternal life.

The mainstream Christian/Islamic heaven. Imagine standing for eternity singing praises to a insecure, narcissistic sky bully. That's true hell imo

If there is a heaven that's like that, please send me to hell. All the fun and interesting people will be there anyway.

As Jim Jefferies puts it, God and his family put out an autobiography and spent most of it slagging off the Devil. But that's God's book.... hardly going to be even handed if theyre having a row is it

As far as we know the Devil might be an alright Bloke, just being the bigger man by not rising to God's wumming
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 09, 2018 10:21 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:The Islamic afterlife is mostly sex and wine tbh.

Sounds like my life now .......... where do I sign?

if it ain't broke don't fix it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

If there's lots of wine involved I'm presuming it's gay sex
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

What "she" drinks is none of my business, I'm more of a Vodka & beer drinker but I'll drink wine if I have to.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed May 09, 2018 10:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

What "she" drinks is none of my business, I'm more of a Vodka & beer drinker but I'll drink wine if I have to.

I got into drinking Rekorderlig fruit ciders

So many calories in those c**** I put on quite a lot of weight

Actually lost weight again drinking guiness.

UFGN

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Red wine with food is great, any other time is a no no
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 pm

The buzz from red wine is nice. Hangover not so much.

Maybe after you die, you're just on a permanent buzz?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate