New Cold War

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

New Cold War

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:09 pm

All looking very ominous.

The Russians said today that if any missiles are fired at Syria, Russia will respond by targeting the source of the missile.

The return of the cold war could be here.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: New Cold War

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Hillary the War monger.....
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Phil71 wrote:All looking very ominous.

The Russians said today that if any missiles are fired at Syria, Russia will respond by targeting the source of the missile.

More grand standing BS from Russia.

Russia is forever talking a big game but the reality of it is America has them marked up from top to bottom.
They have contingencies for any Russian attack which have been drilled 100's of times, if Russia so much as sneezes at America, America will put Moscow in Valhalla.

Even though I don't mind Russia sticking up for Assad because America wants Syria to become another Iraq, I don't like the way Russia has fly by's near the UK etc simply to push peoples buttons.

Maybe another round of sanctions should be introduced to push Russia back again into the state they were in the 80's.

Make no mistake about it if it wasn't for the US, Russia would be trying to conquer Europe, they would be the be next Hitler, no doubt, so fk them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:16 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Russia is forever talking a big game but the reality of it is America has them marked up from top to bottom.
They have contingencies for any Russian attack which have been drilled 100's of times, if Russia so much as sneezes at America, America will put Moscow in Valhalla.

Even though I don't mind Russia sticking up for Assad because America wants Syria to become another Iraq, I don't like the way Russia has fly by's near the UK etc simply to push peoples buttons.

Maybe another round of sanctions should be introduced to push Russia back again into the state they were in the 80's.

Make no mistake about it if it wasn't for the US, Russia would be trying to conquer Europe, they would be the be next Hitler, no doubt, so fk them.

Yes. I absolutely agree regarding their expansionist ideas.

I think when they just waltzed into Crimea and flicked the bird at everyone with no real response, they thought they can do whatever they like.

I also agree regarding Syria. The different Muslim sects in that part of the world have been killing each other since Mohammed died. The only thing that seems to bring peace is a ruler with an iron fist. Like Saddam, or Assad.

Assad is the last of the Ba'athists. The Gulf Arabs have been trying to do away with them since they began. Mainly because they wanted a pan-Arabian super state, with no Royal families, and religion playing 2nd fiddle to politics and the law. That is clear in the make up of Assad's government, and also in the fact that Saddam Hussein (a Sunni Muslim), had Tariq Aziz (a Christian) as his most trusted advisor.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I think when they just waltzed into Crimea and flicked the bird at everyone with no real response, they thought they can do whatever they like.

I also agree regarding Syria. The different Muslim sects in that part of the world have been killing each other since Mohammed died. The only thing that seems to bring peace is a ruler with an iron fist. Like Saddam, or Assad.

Assad is the last of the Ba'athists. The Gulf Arabs have been trying to do away with them since they began. Mainly because they wanted a pan-Arabian super state, with no Royal families, and religion playing 2nd fiddle to politics and the law. That is clear in the make up of Assad's government, and also in the fact that Saddam Hussein (a Sunni Muslim), had Tariq Aziz (a Christian) as his most trusted advisor.

I do agree regarding Saddam. As time as passed, those who defended his presidency (while aknowlaging that he was an utter c***) have been proven right

According to an Iraqi friend of mine, Saddam described himself as "the manhole cover on top of the sewer"

Most apt analogy I've ever heard.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:00 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I do agree regarding Saddam. As time as passed, those who defended his presidency (while aknowlaging that he was an utter c***) have been proven right

According to an Iraqi friend of mine, Saddam described himself as "the manhole cover on top of the sewer"

This is the point.

While Saddam was what he was, he was also a modernist, put money into the Iraqi infrastructure and in those days Iraq had buildings higher than 3 stories tall (a rarity these days), he also kept out Al-Qaida because they were actually scared of him and he kept Shia and Sunni relations civil, it was also one of the most religiously liberal Arab countries in the Mid East .......... now look.

I also wasn't impressed with the demonizing tactics America used, "Saddam gasses his own people" ....... no, Saddam gassed Kurdish guerillas marching toward the capital because America put them up to it and said they'd back them in over throwing Saddam, which they didn't.

Same thing with Assad, Syria was a relatively thriving country, now America expects us to back rebels led by ISIS and which has resulted in the country being in ruins, okay then .........?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:08 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

The west and the gulf Arabs conspired to cause the first gulf war to try to get rid of him.

He was encouraged by all of them to go to war with Iran. He did so for ten years, all the while buying weapons from the Americans, British, French, etc. Then when the war stopped, with each side saying they had won, he set about rebuilding his country. For that he needed to sell his only commodity. Oil.

He'd been selling the same amounts regularly to the Americans, then suddenly in 1990 the volume in the orders dropped dramatically. It turns out that the Kuwaitis were selling oil to his biggest customer at below the agreed OPEC rate. Of course this made him furious. They denied it. He tried to use political and diplomatic means to resolve it. He used OPEC, where he demanded that the other Arab states enforce the OPEC agreement on Kuwait. They refused. He was backed into a corner, and threatened Kuwait that he would invade and take over their oil fields if they didn't stop. They ignored his calls.

His next stop was to his old friends and military allies, America. He asked them on the quiet if they would intervene were he to take forcible action against Kuwait. They told him it was an Arab issue, for the Arabs to resolve. He took that as the green light.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yago » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 pm

nah, it'll be fine, title is a bit dramatic
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Yeah its not like the good old days, when people said they'd be a war they fkin mean't it, literally every nation pitched in, it was great.

:tumbleweed:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:21 pm

UFGN wrote:Hillary the War monger.....

To be fair this is exactly what Hillary wanted, she wanted a no fly zone over Syria too which would've cornered Russia even more. Trump on the other hand tricked his voters. He was saying time and time again he was going to leave Syria to the Russians which i think he should've done.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Phil71 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:33 pm

It wasn't Assad who started a war in his own country, causing the deaths of tens of thousands, the maiming of thousands more, and the displacement of millions.

The blame for that lies with those who encouraged the rebellion, and armed the rebels.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Return to The Big Debate