How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi mag

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby LMAO » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 pm

UFGN wrote:To anyone who's worried about an attack, I say f***ing grow a pair and get on with your life


This.

It's the same here in America. The right-wing crying out about Muslims coming to destroy the US conveniently ignore the homegrown terrorism we have.

Unabomber
Federal building bombing in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Centennial Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta, Georgia
Columbine High School shooting in Columbine, Colorado
Virginia Tech shooting in Blacksburg, Virginia
Holocaust Museum security office murder in Washington, D.C.
Movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado
Sikh temple killings in Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut
Jewish community shooting in Overland Park, Kansas
Church shooting in Charleston, South Carolina
Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs, Colorado
etc. etc. etc.

But when it's non-Muslims doing it, you'll never (or very rarely) hear the perpetrators labeled as terrorists by the right-wing media; it's always "mentally ill" or some bullshit like that.

And blaming moderate Muslims (and really Arabs in general) for not speaking out against this Islamic terrorism is hypocrisy when those same standards aren't held to white, black, and Asian people when there are acts of terrorism committed by those groups. Agendas to push everywhere.

Also as a side note and not meant to distract from this thread: it's interesting to see the vernacular distinction of 'Asian' between American English and British English. In AE, it's usually referring to East and Southeast Asians, whereas Arabs, Persians, Indians, and Turkic peoples are specifically referred to. In BE, it's literally anyone of Asian descent.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby UFGN » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Something DG mentioned before about wondering why ISIS etc havent been wiped out.....I do share this sentiment

I don't think it takes a military brain to realise that special forces will be the key to actually finishing them.

Let's look at some of the countries who would like to see the back of ISIS

USA, France, UK, Israel

ISIS might be a difficult enemy to defeat, but up against Delta Force, the Seals, the SAS, the SBS, Marine Nationale, and f***ing MOSSAD?

Bitch, please

MOSSAD would do it on their own ffs
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 16290
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Manoban wrote:not scared of being attacked it has just become a shithole

bit better here in scandinavia


If you think Europe is a shithole, what continents/countries do you think are nice?
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 19285
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Cripps » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:04 am

Threat is at a severe level from any terrorist attack
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43238
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:57 am

UFGN wrote:Something DG mentioned before about wondering why ISIS etc havent been wiped out.....I do share this sentiment

I don't think it takes a military brain to realise that special forces will be the key to actually finishing them.

Let's look at some of the countries who would like to see the back of ISIS

USA, France, UK, Israel

ISIS might be a difficult enemy to defeat, but up against Delta Force, the Seals, the SAS, the SBS, Marine Nationale, and f***ing MOSSAD?

Bitch, please

MOSSAD would do it on their own ffs


Which begs the question as to why they haven't yet? It's by the by though. I think there are far more pressing issues (as far as the British public are concerned) with "homegrown" Jihadi's.

It absolutely pisses me off that this stuff is freely available for download, and none of the web hosting services appear to give a shit. Someone is paying for this stuff to be hosted, and someone is accepting the money for it.

DG asked earlier in the thread about what can we do about it. I think a good place to start would be taking down the sites that host such material.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
User avatar
Luzh 22
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 am

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, far from being put off by the violence associated with the radical side of their faith, it is today the fastest growing religion in the world ...

If just 10% of Muslims have been radicalised (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... -the-world) then that's 160m people, many reports now put the number closer to 20% and rising .... by comparison there were only 120m Germans and Japanese combined at the outbreak of WW II, remember Hitler started his assent to power in 1924 with less than 7% support ...

It's hard to imagine that people who supported Hitler in 1924 believed they could turn a population weary of war (just like the Muslim community is today) into the evil Nazi nation of 1939 ... but put out enough extremist propaganda, paint yourselves as the 'victims' of the ruling elite countries (just like extremist muslims do today) and the unthinkable happened and 60m people died ...

When you can also add in some religious fantasises and a few dozen virgins ... bingo .....

To bury your head in the sand and pretend that the radicalisation of 1.6 billion people is not possible? that would be spitting in the face of History ... stupidity of the highest order ....

The Muslin community needs our support in rooting out the 10% that are already poisoning their weaker minded followers, just saying 'it can't happen' sound very like Chamberlain and the League of Nations in 1938, and we all know how that ended up ....

However make no mistake this is a world issue, if the Muslim community can't do it then we must, appeasement is not, has never been, and never will be the answer ...

To people who say "don't be worried, grow a pair" I advise you to go read some history ..... sure it sounds big and brave, but what you actual are saying is let's do nothing and carry on as normal .... history has shown us over and over that doing nothing empowers the extremists - Hitler - Stalin - Pol Pot - Sedong - Pasha - Suhato- Amin - Milosovic all allowed to take power right under out noses, just ignoring extremism never works -

What you should be saying is: how can I help? what can I do to break down barriers? how can I stand against radicals? .... the answer is grow a pair and take some feckin' action because if we do nothing then history tells us that sure as eggs is eggs that a Muslim version of Hitler/Pol Pot/Amin will rise up, and when that happens my friends, we'll all be very fecked ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:31 am

Luzh 22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Something DG mentioned before about wondering why ISIS etc havent been wiped out.....I do share this sentiment

I don't think it takes a military brain to realise that special forces will be the key to actually finishing them.

Let's look at some of the countries who would like to see the back of ISIS

USA, France, UK, Israel

ISIS might be a difficult enemy to defeat, but up against Delta Force, the Seals, the SAS, the SBS, Marine Nationale, and f***ing MOSSAD?

Bitch, please

MOSSAD would do it on their own ffs


Which begs the question as to why they haven't yet? It's by the by though. I think there are far more pressing issues (as far as the British public are concerned) with "homegrown" Jihadi's.

It absolutely pisses me off that this stuff is freely available for download, and none of the web hosting services appear to give a shit. Someone is paying for this stuff to be hosted, and someone is accepting the money for it.

DG asked earlier in the thread about what can we do about it. I think a good place to start would be taking down the sites that host such material.


I don't see how that would help, though. All someone would have to do is host the website from a different country where laws are more lax. Sure, the owner of the site—if they reside in the UK—will have to also have to abide by UK law, but transferring domain ownership (to someone or an alias in a country where laws are more lax) is easy.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:12 am

A relevant update

The attacker had a long history of violent offences, public order offenses and possession of weapons.

Which kinda paints a picture of him in my mind. A violent loser who latched on to extremism because it gave him a mechanism to be a big time Charlie instead of a small-time knuckle head
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 16290
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Luzh 22 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:22 am

Brandon wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Something DG mentioned before about wondering why ISIS etc havent been wiped out.....I do share this sentiment

I don't think it takes a military brain to realise that special forces will be the key to actually finishing them.

Let's look at some of the countries who would like to see the back of ISIS

USA, France, UK, Israel

ISIS might be a difficult enemy to defeat, but up against Delta Force, the Seals, the SAS, the SBS, Marine Nationale, and f***ing MOSSAD?

Bitch, please

MOSSAD would do it on their own ffs


Which begs the question as to why they haven't yet? It's by the by though. I think there are far more pressing issues (as far as the British public are concerned) with "homegrown" Jihadi's.

It absolutely pisses me off that this stuff is freely available for download, and none of the web hosting services appear to give a shit. Someone is paying for this stuff to be hosted, and someone is accepting the money for it.

DG asked earlier in the thread about what can we do about it. I think a good place to start would be taking down the sites that host such material.


I don't see how that would help, though. All someone would have to do is host the website from a different country where laws are more lax. Sure, the owner of the site—if they reside in the UK—will have to also have to abide by UK law, but transferring domain ownership (to someone or an alias in a country where laws are more lax) is easy.


AFAIK governments and ISP's have the ability to block access to certain addresses and domains, whether abroad or at "home".
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
User avatar
Luzh 22
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Manoban » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:31 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Manoban wrote:not scared of being attacked it has just become a shithole

bit better here in scandinavia


If you think Europe is a shithole, what continents/countries do you think are nice?

New Zealand and Canada perhaps. Can't say with certainty without having been there.
TOP
User avatar
Manoban
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Nuggets » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 am

UFGN wrote:A relevant update

The attacker had a long history of violent offences, public order offenses and possession of weapons.

Which kinda paints a picture of him in my mind. A violent loser who latched on to extremism because it gave him a mechanism to be a big time Charlie instead of a small-time knuckle head


:clap: We are too soft in the UK, too many tree huggers. :angry:
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 12644
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Nuggets wrote:
UFGN wrote:A relevant update

The attacker had a long history of violent offences, public order offenses and possession of weapons.

Which kinda paints a picture of him in my mind. A violent loser who latched on to extremism because it gave him a mechanism to be a big time Charlie instead of a small-time knuckle head


:clap: We are too soft in the UK, too many tree huggers. :angry:


Some things unfortunately you just have to deal with as they happen, this isn't minority report, how can we go around arresting people who have yet to commit a crime?

You could use that argument for every murder regardless of it being a terrorist act or not.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: Somewhere, showing someone all my energy.

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Nuggets » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
UFGN wrote:A relevant update

The attacker had a long history of violent offences, public order offenses and possession of weapons.

Which kinda paints a picture of him in my mind. A violent loser who latched on to extremism because it gave him a mechanism to be a big time Charlie instead of a small-time knuckle head


:clap: We are too soft in the UK, too many tree huggers. :angry:


Some things unfortunately you just have to deal with as they happen, this isn't minority report, how can we go around arresting people who have yet to commit a crime?

You could use that argument for every murder regardless of it being a terrorist act or not.


Too fooking right !!
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 12644
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
UFGN wrote:A relevant update

The attacker had a long history of violent offences, public order offenses and possession of weapons.

Which kinda paints a picture of him in my mind. A violent loser who latched on to extremism because it gave him a mechanism to be a big time Charlie instead of a small-time knuckle head


:clap: We are too soft in the UK, too many tree huggers. :angry:


Some things unfortunately you just have to deal with as they happen, this isn't minority report, how can we go around arresting people who have yet to commit a crime?

You could use that argument for every murder regardless of it being a terrorist act or not.


Too fooking right !!


Im not sure what your point is here

Do you want everyone to wear a body camera at all times because, well if you've got nothing to hide etc etc?

If not then what do you expect to be done?
Oh he is awful..... but I like him!
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014
Member of the Year 2014
 
Posts: 16290
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: How serious is the Jihadi threat to GB? 50K+ DL Jihadi m

Postby Nuggets » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:50 pm

UFGN wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
UFGN wrote:A relevant update

The attacker had a long history of violent offences, public order offenses and possession of weapons.

Which kinda paints a picture of him in my mind. A violent loser who latched on to extremism because it gave him a mechanism to be a big time Charlie instead of a small-time knuckle head


:clap: We are too soft in the UK, too many tree huggers. :angry:


Some things unfortunately you just have to deal with as they happen, this isn't minority report, how can we go around arresting people who have yet to commit a crime?

You could use that argument for every murder regardless of it being a terrorist act or not.


Too fooking right !!


Im not sure what your point is here

Do you want everyone to wear a body camera at all times because, well if you've got nothing to hide etc etc?

If not then what do you expect to be done?


As you seem happy with the status quo and the way the UK deals with things it's pointless furthering this chat.
Image Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
 
Posts: 12644
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests