Immigration, your view?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Immigration, your view?

Postby LMAO » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:19 am

1991 wrote:if you have leaky pipes turn off the tap. You couldn't tell the Japs with a straight face that a few million Somalis, Afghans, Pakistanis etc is going to make their society demonstrably better yet when it comes to our countries it's a policy we're just supposed to accept without question. Nothing of true value would be lost if we limmited immigration to educated Europeans and countries with similar living standards.

I'm not debating this as it's painfully obvious.

Further more, Britons, and all Europeans for that matter should have the same right to self determination as any other people on the planet, opposing our demographic, cultural and political dispossession in our own countries is logical and morally correct. End of.

Playing devil's advocate, but don't you think India, the indigenous populations of North America and Australia/New Zealand, and the various countries of Africa (cba to name them all) had that same right before the British Empire invaded?

Also limiting immigration to "educated Europeans and countries with similar living standards" is asinine. Some immigrants to America:
India: Subranhmanyan Chandrasekhar (important physicist), Amar Bose (yeah, those Bose audio systems), Satya Nadella (Microsoft CEO)
Russia: Sergey Brin (Google co-founder), Ayn Rand (novelist)
Cuba: Rita M. Rodriguez (international finance)
Taiwan: David Ho (AIDS research), Ang Lee (entertainment), Jerry Yang (Yahoo! co-founder)

Idk much about the UK's immigrants, but there's:
Aarti Jagannath from India, Jung Chang from China, Anish Kapoor from India, Zaha Hadid from Iraq, Mo Farah from Somalia, Al Bangura from Sierra Leone.

Banning people solely because they come from a different background can lead a country to miss out on making "society demonstrably better."
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:32 am

I think the issue is within these countries. All the Pakistani terrorists for example, are from smaller villages in Punjab, instead of say, from Karachi or Lahore, the bigger cities. When you import people from villages, or now Syrian refugees from villages to cities, they get a huge shock.

Karachi's a shit city in many ways, but it's still a big city, there's zero cultural shock for someone shifting from there to London, because they're used to the lack of religion, and the facilities, etc.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:08 am

Brandon wrote:
1991 wrote:if you have leaky pipes turn off the tap. You couldn't tell the Japs with a straight face that a few million Somalis, Afghans, Pakistanis etc is going to make their society demonstrably better yet when it comes to our countries it's a policy we're just supposed to accept without question. Nothing of true value would be lost if we limmited immigration to educated Europeans and countries with similar living standards.

Further more, Britons, and all Europeans for that matter should have the same right to self determination as any other people on the planet, opposing our demographic, cultural and political dispossession in our own countries is logical and morally correct. End of.

Playing devil's advocate, but don't you think India, the indigenous populations of North America and Australia/New Zealand, and the various countries of Africa (cba to name them all) had that same right before the British Empire invaded?

Also limiting immigration to "educated Europeans and countries with similar living standards" is asinine. Some immigrants to America:
India: Subranhmanyan Chandrasekhar (important physicist), Amar Bose (yeah, those Bose audio systems), Satya Nadella (Microsoft CEO)
Taiwan: David Ho (AIDS research), Ang Lee (entertainment), Jerry Yang (Yahoo! co-founder)

Aarti Jagannath from India, Jung Chang from China, Anish Kapoor from India, Zaha Hadid from Iraq, Mo Farah from Somalia, Al Bangura from Sierra Leone.

Banning people solely because they come from a different background can lead a country to miss out on making "society demonstrably better."

No-one here knows who any of those people are except for Mo Farah. The point that people make is that people from similar ecnomically developed countries can be trusted not to take the p*** on immigration as there is a fairly equal and proportional exchange of migration between them. When you have countries of lesser economic development (not LEDC), like Poland, and give them a blank cheque to come, then they will and there will be unequal migration between the two.

The problem with people from the LEDCs is that most of the time, they take jobs then send the money overseas and don't involve to intergrate themselves into the community. It's things like that that cause disharmony and the reasons why normal people are so against immigration now. That's why there do need to be restrictions on people coming from LEDCs in order to stem the tide.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby 1991 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:22 am

Brandon wrote:

Yes, and they knew it which is why they fought against it. We haven't.

Back to Japan (I like this comparison because using a non white country seems to clear the brain of the OMG RACIST mental handbrakes put on us by a lifetime of brainwashing) do you think you could argue importing hundreds of thousands/millions of Somalis will be a net positive for their country because they might get one who's really good at long distance running? :rofll: The geniuses are much more needed in their country of origin, human beings are not inter changeable economic units and our countries are not corporations.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:33 am

Japan is a ridiculous example.

They barely have space for their own people on that tiny island.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:37 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:

No-one here knows who any of those people are except for Mo Farah. The point that people make is that people from similar ecnomically developed countries can be trusted not to take the p*** on immigration as there is a fairly equal and proportional exchange of migration between them. When you have countries of lesser economic development (not LEDC), like Poland, and give them a blank cheque to come, then they will and there will be unequal migration between the two.

The problem with people from the LEDCs is that most of the time, they take jobs then send the money overseas and don't involve to intergrate themselves into the community. It's things like that that cause disharmony and the reasons why normal people are so against immigration now. That's why there do need to be restrictions on people coming from LEDCs in order to stem the tide.

Aarti Jagannath is a neuroscientist, Jung Chang is a novelist, Anish Kapoor and Zaha Hadid (deceased now) are architects who played a role in the 2012 Olympics, Al Bangura is a football player who's raised awareness for sex trafficking. Tbh I never heard of them before googling them, either.

And fair, I agree with you on that. I'm not against immigration from any country per se, but I'd prefer it if only people who could improve American society (e.g., scientists, international students accepted into top universities, entrepreneurs, doctors, etc.) were given priority to immigrate here and become permanent residents, no matter their country of origin (i.e., I'd take a student from Malawi accepted to UChicago over a middle class family from Sweden). It's a fair trade-off from open borders and a ban, or severe restriction, for anyone not from a developed country imo

1991 wrote:Yes, and they knew it which is why they fought against it. We haven't.

Back to Japan (I like this comparison because using a non white country seems to clear the brain of the OMG RACIST mental handbrakes put on us by a lifetime of brainwashing) do you think you could argue importing hundreds of thousands/millions of Somalis will be a net positive for their country because they might get one who's really good at long distance running? :rofll: The geniuses are much more needed in their country of origin, human beings are not inter changeable economic units and our countries are not corporations.

tbh it might be a net positive for birth rates since Japan's is dangerously low.

Ending being a devil's adovacate: regarding other factors like economic development and discrepancies in living standards, of course it'd be a problem if there was an influx of millions of immigrants from an un(der)developed country to a developed country. Yes, geniuses may be more needed in their country of origin, but I'd much rather have the best and the brightest the world has to offer here in America. Given a do-over, I still wouldn't have Albert Einstein, Elon Musk, or Ahmed Zewail (1999 Nobel Prize in Chemistry and professor at Caltech) turned away. I'd welcome multiple Einsteins, Musks, and Zewails, even if it meant a brain drain for Germany, South Africa, and Egypt, respectively, because it would mean America continues to solidify its position as the world's leader.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby MesutOzil11 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:54 pm

MesutOzil11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:57 pm

MesutOzil11 wrote:Ship the lot of them. ****.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBritai ... f=NEWSFEED

ur posting a britain first video when the top bloke of it was seen today just going round aggravating muslims who were trying to help aid the cause of the tower fire

scum
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Cripps » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:57 pm

People still go to pubs? Lol

Do they think they live in EastEnders or something?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Sims wrote:

ur posting a britain first video when the top bloke of it was seen today just going round aggravating muslims who were trying to help aid the cause of the tower fire

scum

Britain First make me sick and I'll tell you why .........

They are basically the modern NF who think they have got around how to be racist by instead of shouting P*ki's (because they know they can't get away with that today) use Islam instead.

However, I've noticed how they only go to Pakistani majority areas .......... they never go to the Turks, or Kurds, or Iranian areas who are also muslim, only the Pakistani communities.

Wonder why that is?

Even if they're issue is that Pakistanis up north tend to make muslim heavy enclaves it still doesn't make sense that they never confront any other races bar Pakistanis.

I've also seen them deliberately agitate people when they're not getting a reaction and then go "see look at the aggressive muslims" ......... just after they called Muhammed a padeo?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby 1991 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:

scum

They are basically the modern NF who think they have got around how to be racist by instead of shouting P*ki's (because they know they can't get away with that today) use Islam instead.

However, I've noticed how they only go to Pakistani majority areas .......... they never go to the Turks, or Kurds, or Iranian areas who are also muslim, only the Pakistani communities.

Wonder why that is?

Even if they're issue is that Pakistanis up north tend to make muslim heavy enclaves it still doesn't make sense that they never confront any other races bar Pakistanis.

I've also seen them deliberately agitate people when they're not getting a reaction and then go "see look at the aggressive muslims" ......... just after they called Muhammed a padeo?

Same reason they go around confronting Muslims and not Hindus or Sikhs.
Jonathan Pearce - "Regarding any new transfers you are not going to give me a clue are you?"
Arsene Wenger - "I cannot give you what i don't have"
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:59 pm

1991 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:

scum

Wonder why that is?

Same reason they go around confronting Muslims and not Hindus or Sikhs.

Do explain that reason as this is a question no one ever asks / answers.

The answer will be like a revelation, just remember the accusation is they "don't" go around confronting just Muslims and not Hindu's and Sikhs, the accusation is they only confront Pakistani muslims, not muslims in general.

There are black, Iranian, Arabic, chinese, Kurdish and Turkish muslims etc, I've never seen one video of them confronting those groups.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:41 pm

because people who are part of Britain first are f***ing stupid

guarantee 3/4 of them think that people wearing a turban are muslim
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:08 pm

Sims wrote:because people who are part of Britain first are f***ing stupid

The reason is because they hate Pakistani's, this goes back to the 70's and used to be known as the NF.

Today's lot do the same thing but use "Islam" as a front because they can't use the word "p*ki" anymore without getting beaten up, so they attack their religion instead because "its not racist to attack a religion", racists towing the PC line, quite funny really.

.......... again I ask if this is untrue then why do they "only" confront Pakistani's?

There's a whole world of other race muslim's they tend to ignore.

I'd just rather they were honest.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:because people who are part of Britain first are f***ing stupid

The reason is because they hate Pakistani's, this goes back to the 70's and used to be known as the NF.

Today's lot do the same thing but use "Islam" as a front because they can't use the word "p*ki" anymore without getting beaten up, so they attack their religion instead because "its not racist to attack a religion", racists towing the PC line, quite funny really.

.......... again I ask if this is untrue then why do they "only" confront Pakistani's?

There's a whole world of other race muslim's they tend to ignore.

I'd just rather they were honest.

In terms of rotherham and grooming in the uk isn't it the Pakistani community mainly responsible for that, they target Islam as they view that as the reason that things like Rotherham happen.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate