Immigration, your view?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Immigration, your view?

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:12 am

Sims wrote:VVV is American?

Yh. American mother, British father.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:01 am

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:09 am

Massa wrote:Like you could even smash GA's face in

You can take the Mod out of the WUM, but you can't take the WUM out of the Mod.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:19 am

UFGN wrote:
Dejan wrote:Depends. For me refugees that come directly from a warzone are welcome for me, They deserve a chance for a better life.
However, I live in the Netherlands where we have alot of Maroccans. In my opinion they should not be allowed anymore.
Because 1) We are almost full.
2) There is alot of friction, between dutch people and Maroccans especially.

Often I hear foreigners call the Dutch racists. This is simply not true.
We have a television show on the national broadcast. Its about the police that are looking for people that have committed a crime. And basically 90% of those people are youth from Marocco. This is what changes peoples mind. Enough is enough.

I forget the name of the politician who was killed in the Netherlands. The guy who was murdered. I forget the details of the story as well but if I remember correctly he was gay and had voiced opposition to immigrants with prejudiced views coming to Netherlands and spoiling the liberal atmosphere in the country.

That sums up my biggest opposition to immigration.... People are welcome to live their lives and enjoy our freedoms but it's a two way Street.

Intolerance can not be tolerated.

Pim Fortuin.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

The best combination of passports you have there then!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:36 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

The best combination of passports you have there then!

Yep. :P
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Big17 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:49 pm

f***ing hell. I've just spent a good minute crying at DG's post. As soon as I read GA's comment on him I knew that would rattle him and get him biting :rofll: :rofll: Oh I love this forum!

Dejan wrote:Depends. For me refugees that come directly from a warzone are welcome for me, They deserve a chance for a better life.

This is sort of how I feel on the situation.

I feel the same when I see a homeless person on the street. Usually after a drunken night out ill actually speak to them about their situation/life and give them some money (not because they asked for it). I know the two are somewhere different but I would just hate to be in either one of those positions in life.

But then you've got the ones that come from a warzone and want to carry on over here....
Big17
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Big17 wrote:f***ing hell. I've just spent a good minute crying at DG's post. As soon as I read GA's comment on him I knew that would rattle him and get him biting :rofll: :rofll: Oh I love this forum!

This is sort of how I feel on the situation.

I feel the same when I see a homeless person on the street. Usually after a drunken night out ill actually speak to them about their situation/life and give them some money (not because they asked for it). I know the two are somewhere different but I would just hate to be in either one of those positions in life.

But then you've got the ones that come from a warzone and want to carry on over here....

You evil troll, you knew that'd get me to bite

Or summat :rofll:
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Slick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:49 pm

I can't speak on the situation in Europe but I can in regards to the USA and Mexico/Central America.

When I lived in the States, the first 34 years of my life, I was a residential electrician. I would meet many immigrants on the job sites. (mostly illegals) I worked around some of these guys for at least 10 years. It used to piss me off to no end that they wouldn't learn English. They would fly their Mexican flags and talk about how great their country was. I found it to be extremely disrespectful. Rooting for Mexico to beat the US in a futbol match is one thing. Celebrating Cinco de Mayo or Mexican Independence Day is another. I would counter, "if it's so great, why are you here?" -no reply----silence

If you move to a new country you need to be respectful/thankful for the opportunity. Try to integrate into the society. Don't try to recreate the place you left.

Most of the people who come to the US do just that. The one exception are the latinos. Even the Muslims become more Americanized. For the most part, they're not trying to enact sharia law in Denver, Colorado.

9 and a half years ago I decided to quit my job and sell my house to chase a dream of mine to become a dive instructor and open up or buy my own shop. I moved to the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, a place I knew well from many years of vacationing. I was very fortunate and was able to do so. In the first year, I learned the language, made new friends and adapted to life in a new country. I didn't try to recreate my old life here. It's a new chapter. i had to show the same respect that I wanted others to show me when I was back home.

I have read that in some places in France and England that there are neighborhoods where the police don't go, where they're afraid to go. That if an English woman walks down a street in that neighborhood in a miniskirt she may be met with malice and hate. That to me is unacceptable and needs to change if that is true. Maybe you guys could shed some light on what that is like in Europe.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Slick wrote:I can't speak on the situation in Europe but I can in regards to the USA and Mexico/Central America.

When I lived in the States, the first 34 years of my life, I was a residential electrician. I would meet many immigrants on the job sites. (mostly illegals) I worked around some of these guys for at least 10 years. It used to piss me off to no end that they wouldn't learn English. They would fly their Mexican flags and talk about how great their country was. I found it to be extremely disrespectful. Rooting for Mexico to beat the US in a futbol match is one thing. Celebrating Cinco de Mayo or Mexican Independence Day is another. I would counter, "if it's so great, why are you here?" -no reply----silence

If you move to a new country you need to be respectful/thankful for the opportunity. Try to integrate into the society. Don't try to recreate the place you left.

Most of the people who come to the US do just that. The one exception are the latinos. Even the Muslims become more Americanized. For the most part, they're not trying to enact sharia law in Denver, Colorado.

9 and a half years ago I decided to quit my job and sell my house to chase a dream of mine to become a dive instructor and open up or buy my own shop. I moved to the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, a place I knew well from many years of vacationing. I was very fortunate and was able to do so. In the first year, I learned the language, made new friends and adapted to life in a new country. I didn't try to recreate my old life here. It's a new chapter. i had to show the same respect that I wanted others to show me when I was back home.

I have read that in some places in France and England that there are neighborhoods where the police don't go, where they're afraid to go. That if an English woman walks down a street in that neighborhood in a miniskirt she may be met with malice and hate. That to me is unacceptable and needs to change if that is true. Maybe you guys could shed some light on what that is like in Europe.

Wow man, that's f***ing awesome. Congrats on chasing and achieving your dream. I'm jealous!

:1990_dancing.gif: :cheerleader:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Slick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:14 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Slick wrote:I can't speak on the situation in Europe but I can in regards to the USA and Mexico/Central America.

Wow man, that's f***ing awesome. Congrats on chasing and achieving your dream. I'm jealous!

Thanks! I make a lot less money than I used to but I am much happier. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can!
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Slick wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Thanks! I make a lot less money than I used to but I am much happier. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can!

Very noble of you sir! Being much happier is worth way more imo as well.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm all for legal immigration. I know it's a plain and simple perspective, but there is an adverse affect of illegals being in the USA. I'm all for compassion and there are legal ways to come to the US and get that well needed start to a new life.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 22-0 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 pm

nothing wrong with protecting your borders.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Luzh 22 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:36 am

I have no issue with immigration, as long as the levels are kept at manageable rates, and the people coming here are willing to integrate with the people already here.

I'm not sure I agree with the whole points based system that is being proposed though. Unskilled workers are just as important to the economy as skilled workers.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate