British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:24 am

Pro leave campaigners went about their business in a civilised manner.

Pro remain people use insults, rioting and physical violence to try to get their way.

And remoaners have the cheek to talk about democratic processes.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Phil71 wrote:Pro leave campaigners went about their business in a civilised manner.

Pro remain people use insults, rioting and physical violence to try to get their way.

And remoaners have the cheek to talk about democratic processes.


The reason people are not getting on anymore is a fundamental breakdown in democratic practice.

Portions of the Left have become Far Left socialist in thinking not just Centre Left socialist leaning on a capitalist economy which results in sections of the Left simply not accepting a democratic result because it goes against their ideology.

Same way Hitler as Far Right stagnated the German parliament and caused revote after revote, then went as far as to sabotage the building to get what he wanted.

How can democracy work when the opposition simply reject the outcome of the majority, this has become more than Labour vs Conservative now, we used to vote win/lose then wait 4 years to have our next say, now we get a result and fillerbuster and fight tooth and nail rejecting it before even waiting to see if its good or bad.

I honestly think Far Left Socialists / Communists should just fk off and form their own dive in another country, move to Cuba or whatever, take over a state in the US or go to a socialist country in the EU, but if you can't hack it here then piss off and stop causing issues, we don't need it at this time, Covid is making things hard enough as it is.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23075
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Pro leave campaigners went about their business in a civilised manner.

Pro remain people use insults, rioting and physical violence to try to get their way.

And remoaners have the cheek to talk about democratic processes.


The reason people are not getting on anymore is a fundamental breakdown in democratic practice.

Portions of the Left have become Far Left socialist in thinking not just Centre Left socialist leaning on a capitalist economy which results in sections of the Left simply not accepting a democratic result because it goes against their ideology.

Same way Hitler as Far Right stagnated the German parliament and caused revote after revote, then went as far as to sabotage the building to get what he wanted.

How can democracy work when the opposition simply reject the outcome of the majority, this has become more than Labour vs Conservative now, we used to vote win/lose then wait 4 years to have our next say, now we get a result and fillerbuster and fight tooth and nail rejecting it before even waiting to see if its good or bad.

I honestly think Far Left Socialists / Communists should just fk off and form their own dive in another country, move to Cuba or whatever, take over a state in the US or go to a socialist country in the EU, but if you can't hack it here then piss off and stop causing issues, we don't need it at this time, Covid is making things hard enough as it is.



They tried...it is called Liberia.
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: British Politics

Postby Sims » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 pm



this evil witch looking thicc I can’t lie
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 31721
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: British Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:04 pm

Sims wrote:

this evil witch looking thicc I can’t lie



She attended Parliament in her dressing gown?
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:40 am

Sims wrote:

this evil witch looking thicc I can’t lie


:rofll: :rofll:
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23075
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 am

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
They tried...it is called Liberia.


Hell on earth, literally.

The senseless slaughter that happened there and in Sierra Leone is biblical, life means nothing over there.

I remember watching this reporter who wanted to go to Freetown and interview people, the rubbish had completely piled over the beach there was no sand, he was led down some underground bunker to speak to some locals and he almost didn't make it out.

Some woman scag head started pestering him as he was trying to leave and a commotion broke out, even his African guide started looking shook.

Imagine being in an underground crack den ......... in Sierria Leone ffs, chances of making it out are 50% at best imo if your not armed.

You can get killed in a heart beat over there.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23075
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:44 am

Sims wrote:

this evil witch looking thicc I can’t lie

Image

post of the year contender
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36443
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: British Politics

Postby Callum » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:25 pm



Slowly, we edge closer. 20 point gap bridged since April.

Image
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36443
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:41 pm

Voting intentions years before an election are utterly meaningless - Labour led in every single poll in 2013 by as much as 13% - no question this Tory government are making a right balls-up of Covid but will that matter come 2024? It will be all about the economic recovery, assuming there is one.
EliteKiller
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:56 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Voting intentions years before an election are utterly meaningless - Labour led in every single poll in 2013 by as much as 13% - no question this Tory government are making a right balls-up of Covid but will that matter come 2024? It will be all about the economic recovery, assuming there is one.


Especially with 35% responding "Don't Know".
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: British Politics

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:22 am

650 SEATS I SAY
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36443
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Kieran Tierney's back pocket

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

Keir Starmer pronounces British as Briddish.

Enough reason not to vote for him.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:41 am

Callum wrote:

Slowly, we edge closer. 20 point gap bridged since April.

Image


The election is 4 years away.
Polls are utterly meaningless at this point.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:47 am

He's got that same nasal wally voice that Miliband has. He's not convincing at all.

He won't win anything.
User avatar
Phil71
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests