British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Callum wrote:The leader of the United Kingdom should not duck out of a scheduled press conference because some protestors showed up. It was a scheduled media appearance he was lined up to appear at, and then he cancelled it and ran away.

The Luxembourg PM went ahead with it as planned. Why should he cancel an appearance because of Johnson's cowardice?


The press conference was originally planned for inside the building. On the day (after rent a mob turned up) they decided to move it outside.

It was a deliberate attempt to embarrass the Prime Minister. The silly rant that the Luxembourg PM went off on is testament to that.

Johnson was right to swerve it.


Was he also right to dodge questions during the leadership election, avoid leadership debates, close Parliament to shut up MPs, expell descenting voices from his party and not put forward a single scrap of EU policy other than "leave"?

Taken on its own on this issue you might have a point. But its part of a clear policy to simply not engage with difficult situations.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18928
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:
Phil71 wrote:What an embarrassment that Luxembourg PM is.

No dignity at all. Pull yourself together man.

No dignity? Boris tucked his tail between his legs and buggered off like the coward that he is as soon as a few protestors showed up. Why should the Luxembourg PM have to cancel his appearance because Johnson ran away?

I loved every second of that press conference. Everything Luxembourg's PM said was spot on. Johnson allowed himself to be humiliated by the leaders of one of the smallest EU nations because he's a total coward. He has no-one but himself to blame.


Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Boris ditched the conference because he knew he was being hung out to dry in an ambush.

The conference had baying activist Remainers shouting and a Luxembourg PM looking to denounce him with a sympathetic conference media........... Boris swerved it.

I don't blame him.


Every single time he dodges scrutiny you defend him.


It wasn't scrutiny though, it was a shameful ambush by the EU on a British Primeminister designed to wheel him out like a circus freak so people could throw eggs at him.

Have some fkin respect, you don't have to like him, you don't have to agree with him, but the childish antics and dismissive attitude of the EU towards this country is an insult to every British establishment we have.

They are trying to claim Gibraltar, trying to claim our fishing waters, dismissing every Prime minister we've sent out there, not just Boris.

If you want to lick the boots of the EU that's fine, they care nothing for you, all they want is our money, our armed forces, our immigration and our participation in their schemes.

Remember that.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19758
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:
Phil71 wrote:What an embarrassment that Luxembourg PM is.

No dignity at all. Pull yourself together man.

No dignity? Boris tucked his tail between his legs and buggered off like the coward that he is as soon as a few protestors showed up. Why should the Luxembourg PM have to cancel his appearance because Johnson ran away?

I loved every second of that press conference. Everything Luxembourg's PM said was spot on. Johnson allowed himself to be humiliated by the leaders of one of the smallest EU nations because he's a total coward. He has no-one but himself to blame.


Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Boris ditched the conference because he knew he was being hung out to dry in an ambush.

The conference had baying activist Remainers shouting and a Luxembourg PM looking to denounce him with a sympathetic conference media........... Boris swerved it.

I don't blame him.


Every single time he dodges scrutiny you defend him.


It wasn't scrutiny though, it was a shameful ambush by the EU on a British Primeminister designed to wheel him out like a circus freak so people could throw eggs at him.

Have some fkin respect, you don't have to like him, you don't have to agree with him, but the childish antics and dismissive attitude of the EU towards this country is an insult to every British establishment we have.

They are trying to claim Gibraltar, trying to claim our fishing waters, dismissing every Prime minister we've sent out there, not just Boris.

If you want to lick the boots of the EU that's fine, they care nothing for you, all they want is our money, our armed forces, our immigration and our participation in their schemes.

Remember that.


Yeah ok and im going to ask you for the tenth time because you keep dodging just like Boris

You wanted to hold him to account, hes done absolutely nothing except threaten no deal and stifle all scrutiny.

Yet you carry on cheering him on

I know you change your mind daily, like for example two days ago you were done with both sides, now youre spitting brexit feathers again.... but have some honesty at least

Why are you refusing to criticise him when he REFUSES to be held to account and REFUSES to put forward policy?
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18928
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:20 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:I’m just surprised they (the Express) didn’t find a way to include a conspiracy theory about Princess Diana’s death into the story!

Anyway, at least Call me Dave is feeling shit about the whole thing.....clearly something he’ll never live down!


That and something about extreme weather.

Worst Winter in Decades to Smash Cameron & Diana Scandal.


And we're off...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/ ... now-freeze
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:43 am

UFGN wrote:Yeah ok and im going to ask you for the tenth time because you keep dodging just like Boris

You wanted to hold him to account, hes done absolutely nothing except threaten no deal and stifle all scrutiny.

Yet you carry on cheering him on

I know you change your mind daily, like for example two days ago you were done with both sides, now youre spitting brexit feathers again.... but have some honesty at least

Why are you refusing to criticise him when he REFUSES to be held to account and REFUSES to put forward policy?


I did want Leave to be held to account, I'm happy they're in power.

Boris hasn't done nothing, he's pushed the agenda as far as he can push it meaning we get to finish this sham 1 year quicker than we otherwise would.
He's also highlighted that No Deal is really the only thing Leave can offer with any amount of certainty ........... at the very least its nice to know that much.

Yes I am cheering him on, not necessarily his policies but certainly his continued insistence that we get this crap done with and stop the pussy footing around.

I am done with both sides, me wanting this fiasco to hurry up is not an endorsement of policy.

He has put a policy forward "No Deal" and him refusing to be held to account as you put it, he's being held to account right now doing the job, just because he refuses to answer or engage in EU and Remainer pre-trap questions doesn't bother me as they've been fkin us around for 3 years.

Lastly you keep begging for him to magic up a deal etc, wtf are you even talking about? if we couldn't do it in 3 years you think it'll happen in 3 weeks?
Let me spare you ............. there is 90% chance that there will be NO DEAL to speak of, I already stated that weeks ago, he's not going to get a deal.

Yes they said they could get one but reality is another situation entirely, Leave are only offering No Deal.

Why do even you not appreciate the fact that has been resolved? its clear, we have our answer.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19758
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:18 am

Don't think you're understanding the game ... let's keep it very simple

Boris has promised that the UK will Leave, Parliament are making it very difficult for the UK to force that decision - so what else can he do?

Well the EU have said that the UK must Leave on the 31st October if no Deal is agreed ... so if the UK Parliament won't force us to Leave then why not the EU?

So here's a cunning plan, string the EU along with talk about a Deal that is simply not achievable, piss off a few EU member countries (because any one of them can block an extension) get to Leave on the 31st ... so how's that cunning plan working out?

Rinne said: “We both agreed that it is now time for Boris Johnson to produce his own proposals in writing – if they exist. If no proposals are received by the end of September, then it’s over” .... there's one convert to Leave

Macron has said “We must have written proposals put forward if the Prime Minister’s deal is to stand a chance of being accepted by the European Union" that's not happening so there's two

Bettel "As long as UK proposals remain flabby and aspiration Brussels is unlikely to budge" so there's three

So the EU have effectively backed themselves into a corner if the UK doesn't come up with acceptable written proposals then we're out, so all Boris has to do now is precisely nothing ... he's good at that.

Whilst the Remain boys spend their time in the courts trying to overturn a decision that ultimately makes no difference, if they couldn't sort it out in three years an extra 10 days won't matter, in the real world the cunning plan to have the EU kick us out on the 31st seems to be going very well.

Right now it looks like we will be Leaving on the 31st courtesy of our EU overlords kicking us out .... who still thinks Boris isn't getting what he wants?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3592
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby VCC » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:53 am

EliteKiller wrote:Don't think you're understanding the game ... let's keep it very simple

Boris has promised that the UK will Leave, Parliament are making it very difficult for the UK to force that decision - so what else can he do?

Well the EU have said that the UK must Leave on the 31st October if no Deal is agreed ... so if the UK Parliament won't force us to Leave then why not the EU?

So here's a cunning plan, string the EU along with talk about a Deal that is simply not achievable, piss off a few EU member countries (because any one of them can block an extension) get to Leave on the 31st ... so how's that cunning plan working out?

Rinne said: “We both agreed that it is now time for Boris Johnson to produce his own proposals in writing – if they exist. If no proposals are received by the end of September, then it’s over” .... there's one convert to Leave

Macron has said “We must have written proposals put forward if the Prime Minister’s deal is to stand a chance of being accepted by the European Union" that's not happening so there's two

Bettel "As long as UK proposals remain flabby and aspiration Brussels is unlikely to budge" so there's three

So the EU have effectively backed themselves into a corner if the UK doesn't come up with acceptable written proposals then we're out, so all Boris has to do now is precisely nothing ... he's good at that.

Whilst the Remain boys spend their time in the courts trying to overturn a decision that ultimately makes no difference, if they couldn't sort it out in three years an extra 10 days won't matter, in the real world the cunning plan to have the EU kick us out on the 31st seems to be going very well.

Right now it looks like we will be Leaving on the 31st courtesy of our EU overlords kicking us out .... who still thinks Boris isn't getting what he wants?

You couldn't script that lol, it reads like an episode of Black adder lmao
User avatar
VCC
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7448
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:59 am

David Cameron says he worked with various people from across the political spectrum including Blair, Brown, Ashdown and others for the Remain campaign, but despite repeated requests fro Corbyn to join them, he didn't want to know.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4052
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Yeah ok and im going to ask you for the tenth time because you keep dodging just like Boris

You wanted to hold him to account, hes done absolutely nothing except threaten no deal and stifle all scrutiny.

Yet you carry on cheering him on

I know you change your mind daily, like for example two days ago you were done with both sides, now youre spitting brexit feathers again.... but have some honesty at least

Why are you refusing to criticise him when he REFUSES to be held to account and REFUSES to put forward policy?


I did want Leave to be held to account, I'm happy they're in power.

Boris hasn't done nothing, he's pushed the agenda as far as he can push it meaning we get to finish this sham 1 year quicker than we otherwise would.
He's also highlighted that No Deal is really the only thing Leave can offer with any amount of certainty ........... at the very least its nice to know that much.

Yes I am cheering him on, not necessarily his policies but certainly his continued insistence that we get this crap done with and stop the pussy footing around.

I am done with both sides, me wanting this fiasco to hurry up is not an endorsement of policy.

He has put a policy forward "No Deal" and him refusing to be held to account as you put it, he's being held to account right now doing the job, just because he refuses to answer or engage in EU and Remainer pre-trap questions doesn't bother me as they've been fkin us around for 3 years.

Lastly you keep begging for him to magic up a deal etc, wtf are you even talking about? if we couldn't do it in 3 years you think it'll happen in 3 weeks?
Let me spare you ............. there is 90% chance that there will be NO DEAL to speak of, I already stated that weeks ago, he's not going to get a deal.

Yes they said they could get one but reality is another situation entirely, Leave are only offering No Deal.

Why do even you not appreciate the fact that has been resolved? its clear, we have our answer.


I'll tell you what DG, if your spinmaster act has lead you to a place where you "just want it concluded" then good f***ing luck with that. Ive held the same opinion for four years because I am certain that leaving the EU will be bad for the country. Youve held every single opinion there is to be held, youve only ever been interested in the soap opera rather than what the actual consequences have been and will be.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18928
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:07 am

UFGN wrote:I'll tell you what DG, if your spinmaster act has lead you to a place where you "just want it concluded" then good f***ing luck with that. Ive held the same opinion for four years because I am certain that leaving the EU will be bad for the country. Youve held every single opinion there is to be held, youve only ever been interested in the soap opera rather than what the actual consequences have been and will be.


Your talking out of your arse.

I've changed my opinion on receiving new information as it happens, like normal intelligent people do.

You act like being the ideologue you are is a good thing, its not, your a sheep activist who gets upset that other people are free thinkers who can change their mind.

You talk like a communist, everyone has to be a Remain or Leaver in your small world because your an extremist, a Guardian article swooner, you can't handle people who can think for themselves or be bi-partisan.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19758
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I'll tell you what DG, if your spinmaster act has lead you to a place where you "just want it concluded" then good f***ing luck with that. Ive held the same opinion for four years because I am certain that leaving the EU will be bad for the country. Youve held every single opinion there is to be held, youve only ever been interested in the soap opera rather than what the actual consequences have been and will be.


Your talking out of your arse.

I've changed my opinion on receiving new information as it happens, like normal intelligent people do.

You act like being the ideologue you are is a good thing, its not, your a sheep activist who gets upset that other people are free thinkers who can change their mind.

You talk like a communist, everyone has to be a Remain or Leaver in your small world because your an extremist, a Guardian article swooner, you can't handle people who can think for themselves or be bi-partisan.


No information has "become apparent"

It was all known

Its just that you didn't know. Youre not a flexible thinker, you are an ignorant reactionary.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18928
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:27 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I'll tell you what DG, if your spinmaster act has lead you to a place where you "just want it concluded" then good f***ing luck with that. Ive held the same opinion for four years because I am certain that leaving the EU will be bad for the country. Youve held every single opinion there is to be held, youve only ever been interested in the soap opera rather than what the actual consequences have been and will be.


Your talking out of your arse.

I've changed my opinion on receiving new information as it happens, like normal intelligent people do.

You act like being the ideologue you are is a good thing, its not, your a sheep activist who gets upset that other people are free thinkers who can change their mind.

You talk like a communist, everyone has to be a Remain or Leaver in your small world because your an extremist, a Guardian article swooner, you can't handle people who can think for themselves or be bi-partisan.


No information has "become apparent"

It was all known

Its just that you didn't know. Youre not a flexible thinker, you are an ignorant reactionary.


It wasn't all known, it still isn't.

How can you know what deals Leave will put into place once we leave the EU, how can you know what deals the EU would of offered us as they've already offered Theresa May one?

So stfu you Far Left radical and stop trying to drag everyone else into your little miserable Right vs Left battles you obviously live for.

Its extremists like you who make everyone else's lives a fkin misery, incapable of accepting people have differing opinions.

All you do is come on here and attack everyone .......... what if I want No Deal? then what, you have nothing, no accusations of "where's the deal".

Fact is I will do as I've stated all along, I'll support what's best for the UK, as has been for the last 3 years its yet to be seen which is the best option as we're still in negotiations and we still don't know what Leave are offering although my personal opinion is that they're forecast to only offer "No Deal".

I will also continue to applaud Boris Johnson for pushing the issue so much that the opposition actually have to take a stance so we the public can get this concluded.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19758
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:16 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I'll tell you what DG, if your spinmaster act has lead you to a place where you "just want it concluded" then good f***ing luck with that. Ive held the same opinion for four years because I am certain that leaving the EU will be bad for the country. Youve held every single opinion there is to be held, youve only ever been interested in the soap opera rather than what the actual consequences have been and will be.


Your talking out of your arse.

I've changed my opinion on receiving new information as it happens, like normal intelligent people do.

You act like being the ideologue you are is a good thing, its not, your a sheep activist who gets upset that other people are free thinkers who can change their mind.

You talk like a communist, everyone has to be a Remain or Leaver in your small world because your an extremist, a Guardian article swooner, you can't handle people who can think for themselves or be bi-partisan.


No information has "become apparent"

It was all known

Its just that you didn't know. Youre not a flexible thinker, you are an ignorant reactionary.


It wasn't all known, it still isn't.

How can you know what deals Leave will put into place once we leave the EU, how can you know what deals the EU would of offered us as they've already offered Theresa May one?

So stfu you Far Left radical and stop trying to drag everyone else into your little miserable Right vs Left battles you obviously live for.

Its extremists like you who make everyone else's lives a fkin misery, incapable of accepting people have differing opinions.

All you do is come on here and attack everyone .......... what if I want No Deal? then what, you have nothing, no accusations of "where's the deal".

Fact is I will do as I've stated all along, I'll support what's best for the UK, as has been for the last 3 years its yet to be seen which is the best option as we're still in negotiations and we still don't know what Leave are offering although my personal opinion is that they're forecast to only offer "No Deal".

I will also continue to applaud Boris Johnson for pushing the issue so much that the opposition actually have to take a stance so we the public can get this concluded.


Youre an absolute clown. I never mentioned left or right. Youre getting called out on your bullshit so youre lashing out like a spoiled brat.

Label me an extremist because youve run out of words, then accuse me of not being able to cope with people having different points of view? Ok lol

What I cant cope with is you having every single opinion at various points in time, based on whatever is popular at the time, then having the brass neck to criticise anyone, for anything. Best for the UK? You havent got a clue what you want until someone tells you what you want. You cover all bases then sit back and snipe at other people who hold opinions which you have supported.

Johnson is steaming towards no deal, and the reason you now DGAS about no deal is because you cant be arsed. Its too much thinking for you and you cant cope with another PM you backed being a useless t**t.

You dont get to criticise anybody.

I don't give a fk what you do or dont think, never did. What I cant stand is reactionaries and hypocrites, and you are both.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18928
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 am

Your the worst reactionary on here.

For the last 3 weeks you've been reeling off Guardian articles claiming the end of democracy, end of food and medicine, a take over of the Far Right.

Its been down right embarrassing.

The reason as you say "IDGAF" is because unlike you (and I've been doing this for a while) I've read enough of the political landscape to forecast practically everything .......... and I've been right numerous times in these discussions.

So let me give you another Mystic Meg moment ............ No Deal is highly likely all Boris can offer, but No Deal will never be allowed by Parliament, so why your sh*ting your kegs is just sad to watch because it ain't gonna happen.

Yes I DGAF because I know this charade is far from over.

Do you know what it'll take to enact No Deal?

So unlike what your Guardian will admit I'll tell you ..............

To enact No Deal the Con's will need no less than a GE with a majority win and then / or a new Referendum for the mandate.

A Referendum where they will have to convince all of the 52% (whom probably at least half only voted based on Leave getting a deal) to go for No Deal.

Now UFGN .......... do yourself a favor, stop embarrassing yourself and do the maths, what percentage do you give to No Deal ever fkin happening based on that?

I give it ........... 10% chance at best.

The only way Leave could squeeze through No Deal is win a large majority, of that majority the Con seats will have to be almost all Leavers ........... but even that outside chance relies on Parliament agreeing a GE to begin with, which they've already declined.
On top of that Boris won't call a referendum because he know's he won't win a majority running on No Deal as his only option.

So that is why I'm not panicking or reacting, they'll play out what's left of the sideshow so that the plebs like you have a tune to dance to while the political class ride it out.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 19758
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby Tony_Adams » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:09 am

Johnson is playing a blinder. There is a general election on the horizon, public services are at breaking point, living standards are the worst they've been in decades and everyone is still talking about Brexit.
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35093
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest