British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:22 pm

Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:What sort of jobsworth killjoy would want to ban people having a few drinks on a flight?


So you're cool with other people being regularly searched by the police when they go to buy a pint of milk in the name of safety, just so long as no-one takes away your G and T in name of safety


There's my question answered I guess.


And there's mine answered

Other peoples Civil Rights don't matter but don't take away my G&T


Two completely different things.

One is done to prevent serious violent crime. The other is done to relax when flying home after a law-abiding day's work.


Until someone throws a f***ing strop while pissed up on a massive flying machine, thus disrupting the safety of everyone on that flight and underneath it.

It's the same thing mate. You being penalised for others inability to act normal on a plane while pissed is comparable to random innocent people getting stopped to hopefully weed out the 0.001% that might be carrying a weapon.

You just dont like the idea of alcohol being banned on flights because it directly affects you.


I take about 40+ flights every year, and have never once seen any sort of incident caused by alcohol consumption on the aircraft that would endanger anyone.

Not once.

I'd suggest that virtually all alcohol related incidents on aircraft are caused through people who were already drunk when they boarded. So nothing to do with alcohol being served in-flight.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4516
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:What sort of jobsworth killjoy would want to ban people having a few drinks on a flight?


So you're cool with other people being regularly searched by the police when they go to buy a pint of milk in the name of safety, just so long as no-one takes away your G and T in name of safety


There's my question answered I guess.


And there's mine answered

Other peoples Civil Rights don't matter but don't take away my G&T


Two completely different things.

One is done to prevent serious violent crime. The other is done to relax when flying home after a law-abiding day's work.


Until someone throws a f***ing strop while pissed up on a massive flying machine, thus disrupting the safety of everyone on that flight and underneath it.

It's the same thing mate. You being penalised for others inability to act normal on a plane while pissed is comparable to random innocent people getting stopped to hopefully weed out the 0.001% that might be carrying a weapon.

You just dont like the idea of alcohol being banned on flights because it directly affects you.


I take about 40+ flights every year, and have never once seen any sort of incident caused by alcohol consumption on the aircraft that would endanger anyone.

Not once.

I'd suggest that virtually all alcohol related incidents on aircraft are caused through people who were already drunk when they boarded. So nothing to do with alcohol being served in-flight.



Well, you're wrong. They also get drunk at the airport btw

I leave my house about 365 times a year. Been doing it since I was a kid. Never seen anyone get stabbed.

But you don't care that innocent people have to be put up with being stopped by the police regularly just in case they've got a knife.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:What sort of jobsworth killjoy would want to ban people having a few drinks on a flight?


So you're cool with other people being regularly searched by the police when they go to buy a pint of milk in the name of safety, just so long as no-one takes away your G and T in name of safety


There's my question answered I guess.


And there's mine answered

Other peoples Civil Rights don't matter but don't take away my G&T


Two completely different things.

One is done to prevent serious violent crime. The other is done to relax when flying home after a law-abiding day's work.


Until someone throws a f***ing strop while pissed up on a massive flying machine, thus disrupting the safety of everyone on that flight and underneath it.

It's the same thing mate. You being penalised for others inability to act normal on a plane while pissed is comparable to random innocent people getting stopped to hopefully weed out the 0.001% that might be carrying a weapon.

You just dont like the idea of alcohol being banned on flights because it directly affects you.


I take about 40+ flights every year, and have never once seen any sort of incident caused by alcohol consumption on the aircraft that would endanger anyone.

Not once.

I'd suggest that virtually all alcohol related incidents on aircraft are caused through people who were already drunk when they boarded. So nothing to do with alcohol being served in-flight.



Well, you're wrong. They also get drunk at the airport btw

I leave my house about 365 times a year. Been doing it since I was a kid. Never seen anyone get stabbed.

But you don't care that innocent people have to be put up with being stopped by the police regularly just in case they've got a knife.


The two topics don't even compare.

Your just a f***ing clown mate. Give it up.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4516
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:32 pm

The two topics dont compare in your own head because youre a f***ing hypocrite

Inconvenience others in name of safety but not you because youre special
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:40 pm

UFGN wrote:The two topics dont compare in your own head because youre a f***ing hypocrite

Inconvenience others in name of safety but not you because youre special


If it was a safety risk, they'd have banned it long ago. People have been drinking at airports since BAA first opened it's doors.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8947
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

UFGN wrote:The two topics dont compare in your own head because youre a f***ing hypocrite

Inconvenience others in name of safety but not you because youre special


I'm on a flight Thursday evening where I'll have a couple of large G&Ts.

Lovely.

Might even have one in the airport lounge if I have time.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4516
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

UFGN wrote:The two topics dont compare in your own head because youre a f***ing hypocrite

Inconvenience others in name of safety but not you because youre special


You could cut the sexual tension between you two with a knife.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20482
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 am

Seems like Remain's idea that hordes of people have changed their mind seem to be unfounded.

Leave seems as determined as ever, Brexit party is going to storm the EU elections.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... our-corbyn
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20482
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 15, 2019 7:16 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Seems like Remain's idea that hordes of people have changed their mind seem to be unfounded.

Leave seems as determined as ever, Brexit party is going to storm the EU elections.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... our-corbyn


I'm looking forward to seeing this :sneaky2:
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8947
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed May 15, 2019 10:57 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Seems like Remain's idea that hordes of people have changed their mind seem to be unfounded.

Leave seems as determined as ever, Brexit party is going to storm the EU elections.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... our-corbyn


Ah Nigel Farage.... the guy who said before the referendum that if Leave lost by 2% he'd want another referendum

Well seeing as he's so popular with Leavers im sure they wont mind us following his advice that a 2% differential is not conclusive

Lets have the second referendum that Nigel himself suggested
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 12:49 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Seems like Remain's idea that hordes of people have changed their mind seem to be unfounded.

Leave seems as determined as ever, Brexit party is going to storm the EU elections.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... our-corbyn


Ah Nigel Farage.... the guy who said before the referendum that if Leave lost by 2% he'd want another referendum

Well seeing as he's so popular with Leavers im sure they wont mind us following his advice that a 2% differential is not conclusive

Lets have the second referendum that Nigel himself suggested


Regardless of the tick for tack mentality I think Parliament is about to get a massive reminder that for all their BS wavering in the Halls of Westminster, they may of swayed or cowed each other but the impressions I got from the local council elections and now what's on the horizon for the EU elections ........... the public are fkin fuming.

........... and they're not going to melt away the way Parliament was obviously hoping they would.

Some things subside over time the longer you fillerbust things but as I warned over a year ago, the affront and cynical throwing to the way side of democracy that Parliament and Remain have engaged in was going to cause a backlash that would last years if not longer.

That seems to be becoming a reality.

Leave is being swelled and hardened by the complete lack of respect Parliament has shown for the democratic process of which its built on.

I don't even think I'd want Leave because the chance I gave Leave to impress with concrete solutions to move forward has long past its sell by date and the calls of "Just get us ouuuut!" (shrieked in a Southern council estate accent) has shown me its more about populism now rather than economic prosperity but that doesn't change the circumstances.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20482
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed May 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Bottom line is its all very well presuming that under xyz situation we could have got a better deal but it is just conjecture. I really don't think we could have

No deal is too risky. The only people who want it are idealistic wreckers who don't live in the real world

Leave spouted a lot of shit which is now proven to be shit

We need another referendum
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 15, 2019 3:26 pm

I think the only way they could salvage this would be to go for a Norway deal so they could at least announce "We've left the EU" fulfilled the referendum ......... then from there over 5 years or so propose if the people want to rejoin full membership.

Which would be easily transitional as we would still be aligned rules and customs wise.

Barring us completely from fulfilling the Ref is going to cause long term issues of our constitution and make Leave dig their heels with a chip on their shoulder to a take it all or nothing situation which is exactly what I said would happen.

The only peaceful way back to EU membership would be to take half a foot out then possibly and more important for the nation take a "willing" foot back in.

If Remain try to sideline over half the countries voters just because they didn't like the result its going to get nasty and I can't support that.

Norway is the best thing to do, to avoid No Deal and an easy route back in.

The way its looking I'm not even sure Remain would win a referendum as they've p*ssed off so many voters, if Leave win again and this time get an even more clear mandate with a Leave PM then its No Deal.

The reason we're in this mess is because of this activist culture the Left and Right have been brewing for years where there's no compromise its all or nothing, taking the middle route is actually the smartest thing for Remain to do as its the one most likely to succeed.

Fulfill and reverse > Deny and try to fight over half the population.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018
 
Posts: 20482
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 pm

This sort of deal pleases nobody.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4516
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Wed May 15, 2019 3:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I think the only way they could salvage this would be to go for a Norway deal so they could at least announce "We've left the EU" fulfilled the referendum ......... then from there over 5 years or so propose if the people want to rejoin full membership.

Which would be easily transitional as we would still be aligned rules and customs wise.

Barring us completely from fulfilling the Ref is going to cause long term issues of our constitution and make Leave dig their heels with a chip on their shoulder to a take it all or nothing situation which is exactly what I said would happen.

The only peaceful way back to EU membership would be to take half a foot out then possibly and more important for the nation take a "willing" foot back in.

If Remain try to sideline over half the countries voters just because they didn't like the result its going to get nasty and I can't support that.

Norway is the best thing to do, to avoid No Deal and an easy route back in.

The way its looking I'm not even sure Remain would win a referendum as they've p*ssed off so many voters, if Leave win again and this time get an even more clear mandate with a Leave PM then its No Deal.

The reason we're in this mess is because of this activist culture the Left and Right have been brewing for years where there's no compromise its all or nothing, taking the middle route is actually the smartest thing for Remain to do as its the one most likely to succeed.

Fulfill and reverse > Deny and try to fight over half the population.


So this week you don't want another referendum

You keep on referring to things you've said before

Pretty easy when you've held literally every opinion at one point or other
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest