British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Rockape wrote:It’s all speculation! I don’t know why anyone thinks a ‘leave’ campaigner would have achieved a better deal. When May put her Chequers plan forward she was dismissed out of hand and had to demand respect from the eu. It just would have been an impasse at an earlier stage rather than at the stage we are at now.

God knows how this will eventually work out, but it just seems to get worse every day with no light at the end of the tunnel!

That's not right at all because its not the same premise.

May went to get a Soft Brexit with Chequers, a Leave plan isn't asking for Soft Brexit, we would be arranging a Free trade deal with the EU completely outside of their jurisdiction, it would be a 50/50 agreement not one side dictating to the other.

They put tariffs on our goods, fine we put tariffs on theirs yet we buy huge amounts from them, not so much in reverse, we are the customer so we hold the keys in that situation.

No, the trade deal isn't the issue, its the regulations we uphold, Irish border, customs checks across the UK where as currently there isn't any and what effect that has on businesses, Gibraltar's relationship with the EU when they're out as well, things that would need solutions that Leave either doesn't have or hasn't said yet.

Putting them on the spot would be the only way to get this info out of them and either expose them or see if they have something worth a fk, the fact that they haven't been given an opportunity lets them off the hook essentially as they don't have to offer anything realistic only soundbites.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:51 pm

UFGN wrote:No, my position hasn't changed on the EU at all. I strongly supported remaining before the vote, at the vote and now. I don't believe that it is responsible for most of what it is blamed for, and I believe that problems are best worked out from inside the camp, not chucking rocks from outside.

This in a nutshell .... in a Democracy you have to support the will of the majority .... to not do so is called anarchy ...

REMAIN lost ... you and everyone else should have accepted that fact and got behind achieving the best LEAVE deal possible .... yet here we are two years later with you providing post after post of why you were right and the majority were wrong ...

You're about as much use as most of our MP's .... which is not meant as a compliment .....

May has done a terrible job, Corbyn has done nothing, and parliament has fiddled while the UK headed for the cliff .... but hey you stick with your intransigence, then when it all goes to shit you can proudly claim 'I told you so' .... country will be fecked but what does that matter ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:06 pm

why dont they just call the whole thing off and realise that it wasnt a good idea giving an uninformed and stupid population a vote on something that is far too complicated and important to the country xxxxx
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:04 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:No, my position hasn't changed on the EU at all. I strongly supported remaining before the vote, at the vote and now. I don't believe that it is responsible for most of what it is blamed for, and I believe that problems are best worked out from inside the camp, not chucking rocks from outside.

This in a nutshell .... in a Democracy you have to support the will of the majority .... to not do so is called anarchy ...

REMAIN lost ... you and everyone else should have accepted that fact and got behind achieving the best LEAVE deal possible .... yet here we are two years later with you providing post after post of why you were right and the majority were wrong ...

You're about as much use as most of our MP's .... which is not meant as a compliment .....

May has done a terrible job, Corbyn has done nothing, and parliament has fiddled while the UK headed for the cliff .... but hey you stick with your intransigence, then when it all goes to shit you can proudly claim 'I told you so' .... country will be fecked but what does that matter ...

How does me getting behind anything help the situation? I'm sitting in my underpants typing on a football forum and you want me to fix it?

As a voter I've done my bit

Please get it right, I'm already telling you I told you so.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 am

From April 2017

DiamondGooner wrote:
Cripps wrote:Might vote this time

Don't follow politics.

Who shall I vote for?

Well .............

Lib Dem's are openly defying the peoples official vote on the Referendum and not accepting the result i.e this is the worst case of tyranny, tyranny dressed up as democracy, give us a vote then completely ignore it.
I could never vote for that even if I was anti-brexit, it would damage our democracy to its roots.

Labour .......... lol, they are currently eating their own and are in complete disarray.

Conservatives: Generally cohesive, more organised, already have formulated plan for tackling Brexit, supporting their leader even with differing opinions, a few cons but nothing compared to the other two.

I for the good of the country will vote Conservative, I didn't even vote during Brexit but I will this time, the other two would result in anarchy

Lol
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 am

However Brexit and Trump turn out, there's definitely going to be crow served with a hearty side of humble pie to go around on the forum.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:22 am

UFGN wrote:From April 2017

DiamondGooner wrote:

Don't follow politics.

Who shall I vote for?

Well .............

Lib Dem's are openly defying the peoples official vote on the Referendum and not accepting the result i.e this is the worst case of tyranny, tyranny dressed up as democracy, give us a vote then completely ignore it.
I could never vote for that even if I was anti-brexit, it would damage our democracy to its roots.

Labour .......... lol, they are currently eating their own and are in complete disarray.

Conservatives: Generally cohesive, more organised, already have formulated plan for tackling Brexit, supporting their leader even with differing opinions, a few cons but nothing compared to the other two.

I for the good of the country will vote Conservative, I didn't even vote during Brexit but I will this time, the other two would result in anarchy

Lol

What weirdo thing to do, yes its a post from almost two years ago, so what?

EU Agent May has done this all by herself.

Where are your fkin Lib Dems at? barely got any seats in Parliament ............ PS I didn't vote then either. :sneaky2:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:22 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Don't follow politics.

Who shall I vote for?

Well .............

Lol

Where are your fkin Lib Dems at? barely got any seats in Parliament ............ PS I didn't vote then either. :sneaky2:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:30 am

Sims wrote:why dont they just call the whole thing off and realise that it wasnt a good idea giving an uninformed and stupid population a vote on something that is far too complicated and important to the country xxxxx

Because last I checked we weren't living in Stalin's Russia.

What's the point in democracy if a vote is ignored?

You people who are spoilt brats of a modern democratic Gov't wouldn't know what hit you if you had your rights taken away.

Try giving it your politically correct BS in Communist China, the police would just beat you up and run you over.

I'm not saying we shouldn't Remain, I'm saying there is due process to be had and I thought we were about to get it when May was going to be voted out, now they bottled it we will have more of the circus until it meets its conclusion.
Leave are never going to back down until someone from their side demonstrates they don't have the answers to the issues of leaving .......... because Parliament aren't letting them and that will be their fatal mistake.

If Leave gets thrown out unduly there will possibly be civil unrest and a real look at our constitution ............ unless we get a peoples vote at the very least and they're defeated.

What we're looking for here is a mandate to move in a certain direction because May had one and flushed it down the crapper because she's an EU shill.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:39 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

DiamondGooner wrote:

Don't follow politics.

Who shall I vote for?

Well .............

Lol

You think you'd be used to me digging your old posts up by now

It's the gift that keeps on giving

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 am

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

DiamondGooner wrote:

Don't follow politics.

Who shall I vote for?

Well .............

Lol

In two years things change, unlike yourself who's just a stick in the mud and only goes by agenda, the rest of us make decisions based on information at the time and then make up our minds.

How was anyone to know 2 years ago that Lancaster house speech May was going to go full EU Agent May? even the Hard Brexiteers were fooled, this isn't the Conservatives doing its May's doing, this is why she's being rejected by her own party.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:why dont they just call the whole thing off and realise that it wasnt a good idea giving an uninformed and stupid population a vote on something that is far too complicated and important to the country xxxxx

Because last I checked we weren't living in Stalin's Russia.

What's the point in democracy if a vote is ignored?

You people who are spoilt brats of a modern democratic Gov't wouldn't know what hit you if you had your rights taken away.

Try giving it your politically correct BS in Communist China, the police would just beat you up and run you over.

I'm not saying we shouldn't Remain, I'm saying there is due process to be had and I thought we were about to get it when May was going to be voted out, now they bottled it we will have more of the circus until it meets its conclusion.
Leave are never going to back down until someone from their side demonstrates they don't have the answers to the issues of leaving .......... because Parliament aren't letting them and that will be their fatal mistake.

If Leave gets thrown out unduly there will possibly be civil unrest and a real look at our constitution ............ unless we get a peoples vote at the very least and they're defeated.

What we're looking for here is a mandate to move in a certain direction because May had one and flushed it down the crapper because she's an EU shill.

China isn't communist. It's state capitalist.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:05 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

DiamondGooner wrote:

Don't follow politics.

Who shall I vote for?

Well .............

Lol

In two years things change, unlike yourself who's just a stick in the mud and only goes by agenda, the rest of us make decisions based on information at the time and then make up our minds.

Ok I'm going by agenda? Funny how my "agenda" as spelled out by me three years ago is almost word for word every problem that's now occurring.

It's almost like I engaged my brain and thought through the scenarios without having to actually wait for it to happen. Either I'm super clever or I'm just someone who pays attention to what's going on :shock:

It's true that I support the EU ideologically, but that doesn't make the practical arguments I set out any less valid.

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:03 am

UFGN wrote:Funny how my "agenda" as spelled out by me three years ago is almost word for word every problem that's now occurring.

It's almost like I engaged my brain and thought through the scenarios without having to actually wait for it to happen. Either I'm super clever or I'm just someone who pays attention to what's going on :shock:

It's true that I support the EU ideologically, but that doesn't make the practical arguments I set out any less valid.

Shut up. You sound like you were informed by those elitist experts who knew what they were talking about in their respective area of expertise, while the real lay people were going to cut off their noses to spite their faces.

ffs Brexit and Trump have so many parallels :BangHead:

It's like telling a kid not to touch the fire because it's hot and they'll get burned. They ignore you and stick their hand in anyway, then act surprised when they get burned, while you're left there like
And then they say no one could've known the fire would be hot, acting like you never gave them fair warning.

What I'm saying is some people need to get burned in order to learn.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 am

I think the brexiteers in the Conservative Party knew full well that it would turn out like this, because the EU were always going to play hard ball. Let May have the leadership. She can go through that two years of farcical running around and getting nowhere. We’ll wait for it all to fall on it’s arse, then step in with hardball tactics of our own for the final few months.

That will happen in the coming weeks.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate