British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Gove is firing shots at everyone. Hes gone after Corbyn 3 or 4 times now lol

Boris apparently has discovered he has a Muslim great grandfather.

Hunt legit looks like a proper nutter. Those eyes are absent.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 pm

Zedie wrote:Gove is firing shots at everyone. Hes gone after Corbyn 3 or 4 times now lol

Boris apparently has discovered he has a Muslim great grandfather.

Hunt legit looks like a proper nutter. Those eyes are absent.

I'm like 99.9999999999% convinced that the Boris claim is bullshit, how does he get away with this shit?
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:55 pm

Emeryates wrote:He's also extremely pro-Austerity and also wants higher taxes.....

Yeah. He voted consistently for cutting funding to all sorts of services. I think I'm back to cringing at the thought of all of them tbh
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Tbf this debate master is doing a pretty good job of putting the irons to them.

She's got an iPad full of bollocks to throw back at them lol
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Emeryates » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Well, they all don't want a general election lol
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:19 pm

What channel is this debate on I can't find the fkin thing!!

Oh, I've missed it ........... catch up TV then.

Anyway ......... I knew it, Raab is out so its Boris vs 3-4 fake Leaver's.

Have to hope Boris gets it now, last thing we need is May MkII so we have more paralysis in this debate.

I want Full Leave vs Remain .......... and lets get this sh*t over and done with.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Emeryates wrote:
Zedie wrote:Who is the really slim guy on the right. I think I'd go for him if I were forced to. The other 4 are talking the most shit and avoiding so many questions

Rory Stewart, he's a Lib Dem in the Tory party, I don't think he has a chance

He’s become the Tory remainers’ choice. The anti-Boris candidate if you like.

I think that’ll be the last two standing. But Boris will win it hands down. He’s far more popular with the Party members than he is in Parliament.

Don't worry, the Tory party members will ensure we don't have Alan Partridge as the Prime Minister.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:07 am

Jesus Christ.

So I just watched the BBC 1 "Next Prime minister" Q's and this is what I got from it.

We have a deadline on the 31st of October ........... yet no one, even Boris knows what the fk a deadline even means, it means no extension ....... especially when this is the deadline after the fkin extension.

So we don't actually have a real deadline because no one, not even Boris is prepared to execute on that deadline.

They say we need to prepare for No Deal while fully admitting they won't execute No Deal and as Rory stated, Parliament won't consent to it anyway.

........... No wonder the EU are fkin laughing at us.

Here it is in a fkin nutshell ............ the Gov't, mainly David fkin Cameron, gave us a vote to leave the EU ........... where without a deal from the EU of all fkin people, we can't actually even leave the fkin thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe what I'm actually hearing.

People racking their brains as to why we're in this pickle when its obvious, the Conservatives gave the UK a vote on something they won't, can't and will not fkin deliver!!

Well isn't that glorious.

The whole fkin referendum was based on the lie that we could force the EU to grant us a magic deal or this whole thing fails ......... they won't, and worst of all no one in the Con's has the balls to go ahead with No Deal meaning we have fk all leverage.

This is like me playing Poker and going all in and showing you my busted hand ........... there is only one outcome.

If we as a country will not go through with No Deal then the Con's have simply wasted everyone's fkin time.

Perfect.

Fk Brexit and I'll never vote Conservative for as long as I live, this is a national scandal.

Not one person on that stage even Boris Johnson will execute No Deal on the 31st October meaning our leverage is down around our ankles along with our pants ........... looks like Farage was right about this after all, he said he didn't trust the Con's not even Boris.

PS - No Deal on WTO looks like a fkin tragedy anyway, I've not heard one solid argument for WTO above what we currently have and .......... no politician is even going to apply it so its for the birds.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:35 am

What a waste of time - the BBC clearly have lost the ability to hold meaningful political programs, allowing five candidates to basically say anything they want for an hour, constant interruptions, off topic nonsense, possible falsehoods none of which were challenged, just roll out the next inane question from an incredibly poor list ... David Frost or Robin Day would have nailed these five lightweights to the wall ... instead they got pretty much a free ride

Boris will win, avoiding Channel 4 and saying as little as possible on the BBC .... that was probably the smartest move by any of the candidates.

Now is the time for Corbyn to come out all guns blazing ... he couldn't wish for a weaker target, for fucks sake man just do something, anything
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Emeryates » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:39 am

The issue with not voting Conservative is that it lets Corbyn into Number 10.
Emeryates
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:52 am

Watched a re-run pf that debate debacle. What a farce. Absolute shambles on the part of the BBC. Middle aged men perched on bar stools with their feet at ten to two, with questions flying in from the ether. "And a question from Bill in Norwich.." The whole thing descended at times into a cacophony of chaos, with none of them committing to anything.

If our country wasn't already an embarrassment on the world political stage, it certainly is now.

Politicians should avoid these things like the plague. Awful rubbish.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am

I don't think they should avoid doing shows like that at all, because otherwise all we're doing is sweeping the BS under the carpet and pretending like its not happening which is what got us into this mess in the first place.

This is the first time in 3 years we've got to hear from the Leave side, in a position where they have to explain how they would run the country ............ and I was shocked to see there is literally no difference.

Boris literally said "We need to prepare for No Deal" but no deal will be bad for the country "We don't want No Deal but we have to be prepared to Leave", Rory chimes in "But Parliament will never ratify a No Deal so how would you do it?" Boris answers, "I'm not saying we'd have a No Deal, I'm saying we must leave on Oct 31st" but you have no way of forcing us to leave on the 31st?

So he basically announced on live TV that we should waste money preparing for a No Deal ......... that he'll never use!!

Its not a bluff if you tell the other side that your bluffing.

The summary of that debate from all of them was we need to act like we're prepared to walk away ............ but none of them, even Boris would actually walk away with a No Deal.

So whatever leverage they think we have with No Deal is a phantom leverage ........... no wonder the EU are rolling their eyes at us.

Its over, cancel Brexit and explain to Leave voters that we can't walk away with No Deal.

.......... this is exactly why I wanted Leave MP's in charge or on the spot, so we can hear from the horses mouth, I've waited 3 years to be told we can't / won't actually leave without the aid of the very people (the EU) that we're trying to walk away from.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:50 am

Phil71 wrote:Watched a re-run pf that debate debacle. What a farce. Absolute shambles on the part of the BBC. Middle aged men perched on bar stools with their feet at ten to two, with questions flying in from the ether. "And a question from Bill in Norwich.." The whole thing descended at times into a cacophony of chaos, with none of them committing to anything.

If our country wasn't already an embarrassment on the world political stage, it certainly is now.

Lol blaming the BBC for the shit show that is the conservative leadership panel who cant give coherent answers to simple, pressing questions.

The host did a good job of putting the embarrassing statements and questions each panelist has made back at them, it's not her fault they cant f***ing answer a simple question with a straight answer.

Why are you so concerned with corbyn when your alternatives put together a shit show like last night and have consistently been failing the country for over a decade now?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:19 am

Zedie wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Watched a re-run pf that debate debacle. What a farce. Absolute shambles on the part of the BBC. Middle aged men perched on bar stools with their feet at ten to two, with questions flying in from the ether. "And a question from Bill in Norwich.." The whole thing descended at times into a cacophony of chaos, with none of them committing to anything.

Lol blaming the BBC for the shit show that is the conservative leadership panel who cant give coherent answers to simple, pressing questions.

The host did a good job of putting the embarrassing statements and questions each panelist has made back at them, it's not her fault they cant f***ing answer a simple question with a straight answer.

Why are you so concerned with corbyn when your alternatives put together a shit show like last night and have consistently been failing the country for over a decade now?

The show was poorly organised, and shouldn't have been done with so many candidates - most of which don't have a cat in hell's chance of getting the job. Why would anyone be interested in what they have to say?

And why am I concerned about Corbyn getting into power....

Where should I begin? Perhaps that he's a radical marxist on a par with the likes of Fidel Castro? Perhaps that he's a terrorist sympathiser? Perhaps that he's considered such a security risk by the UK state that the government have been ordered not to share state security information with him? Perhaps that he surrounds himself with incapable morons?

That's a good start.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 am

If Corbyn does end up in power dont start bleeting because as bad as he is, the Tories have been absolutely appalling, and its not good enough to just rely on the electorate putting up with it to keep Corbyn out.

Eventually people will have had enough, and its still Corbyn who would benefit. The parliamentary arithmetic would see him leading a coalition into Downing Street
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate